Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're correct a new manager in October would be wrong, Mourinho shouldn't get to the summer, but we'll give him that and then he can go.

And what has Jose done? Poch's "turds" like Kane and Son, without whom Jose would have been sacked long ago?

We all know what third season Jose is like, we shouldn't let it get that far.

Any money going should go to a new manager with new ideas and a better footballing outlook.

18 months into Jose's reign and we haven't one defender capable of leading. He signed a reserve goalkeeper who was good at shouting, just forgets to save shots though. Jose's Spurs in a microcosm
Your agenda is clear but Jose will be here next season

I understand, I believe Jose brings a lot to the club, but I think it's his stubbornness to change which frustrates a lot of people. He likes to make it all about him.

He's got all the attacking talent in the world in this team but he just isn't getting the best out of them in certain games.

He has bags of experience and has won lots of trophies granted. However imagine for a minute that you didn’t already know that then what is it you think Jose has brought to this club cos I am not sure I can see it at the moment?

I understand, I believe Jose brings a lot to the club, but I think it's his stubbornness to change which frustrates a lot of people. He likes to make it all about him.

He's got all the attacking talent in the world in this team but he just isn't getting the best out of them in certain games.

Intrigued as to what he brings. Could you elaborate?

He has bags of experience and has won lots of trophies granted. However imagine for a minute that you didn’t already know that then what is it you think Jose has brought to this club cos I am not sure I can see it at the moment?
Intrigued as to what he brings. Could you elaborate?

Matspur beat me to it, I was going to say experience, won trophies, he's clearly a big name manager but unfortunately the tactical side of the game has completely gone.

Yesterday was very dispiriting but didn't particularly surprise me. Useful to do a comparison of where ourselves at Woolwich are at.

The awful quality and style of football once Jose is in charge is pretty much a given, as it is that young talent won't get a crack at it. What you're banking on with Jose is all the bullshit and bluster about his big game mentality, guaranteed success and instant trophies. There was a certain sense of desperation to end the 12 year (now 13 year) rot, so Levy fell for it. We're not winning League or European Cup anytime soon, even if the Lord God Almighty working all his miracles was in charge, so its essentially a target of the FA Cup and League Cup.

Woolwich appointed Arteta at more or less the same time, that we did Mourinho. First managerial job for Arteta and within a few months they win the FA Cup beating Man City in a semi final and Chavs in a final. They beat runaway champions Liverpool last season (one of only 3 sides to so), beat Man U at home lost season and this season have won at Old Trafford (against 11 men), beaten Chavs and ourselves at home and came from behind to win at 3rd placed Leicester a few weeks ago. A managerial novice winning trophies and big games with an average enough team. You'd swear from all the spin that Mourinho was the only man alive that could deliver us a League Cup or FA Cup.

Woolwich under Arteta may well end up going nowhere, but there is a sense of planning, direction and looking to the future about it and he's giving young fellow like Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Sakya and Odergaard a crack at it. Even the fucking Chavs are trusting young home grown players like Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Gilmour, Abraham and Reece James and giving them a go.

No chance for developing young talent with us. Our whole team revolves around two senior players - Kane and Son, both 28 and 29 (or thereabouts). The bottom line is that having won nothing in their careers, they are far too big to be hanging around a mid table club any longer, a club that has no sense of direction, forward planning and is going nowhere. No wonder there's such utter doom and gloom and foreboding around the club and more of a positive vibe about Woolwich, even if we are still 3 places ahead of them in the league.

Anyone else just recovered?
The highs of lamela, then the lows of defence..
Got outplayed all over the park, wasnt a peno tho! And should of maybe even got a point out of the game near the end!

You cant really blame the defence today either, for however bad doherty looks atm, hes got no support from bale for a player that used to be a left back hes one lazy player, the half shocked " huh what me im off? " when he got subbed summed him up tbh..
Against the big teams hes missing.

You could hear jose shouting these players to push up and play the ball, yet Woolwich pinned them back nearly 70 mins! Seeing toby and dav pass from side to side finding no room or support from players was like a chalk on a blackboard!

Its always 1 step forward 2 steps back for spurs!

I know this is very low down the list of disappointments from the team and manager yesterday, but the fact that I can't just watch that bit of absolute brilliance from Lamela on a continuous loop today (because I know we lost and it's too tragic), just sucks.

Yesterday was very dispiriting but didn't particularly surprise me. Useful to do a comparison of where ourselves at Woolwich are at.

The awful quality and style of football once Jose is in charge is pretty much a given, as it is that young talent won't get a crack at it. What you're banking on with Jose is all the bullshit and bluster about his big game mentality, guaranteed success and instant trophies. There was a certain sense of desperation to end the 12 year (now 13 year) rot, so Levy fell for it. We're not winning League or European Cup anytime soon, even if the Lord God Almighty working all his miracles was in charge, so its essentially a target of the FA Cup and League Cup.

Woolwich appointed Arteta at more or less the same time, that we did Mourinho. First managerial job for Arteta and within a few months they win the FA Cup beating Man City in a semi final and Chavs in a final. They beat runaway champions Liverpool last season (one of only 3 sides to so), beat Man U at home lost season and this season have won at Old Trafford (against 11 men), beaten Chavs and ourselves at home and came from behind to win at 3rd placed Leicester a few weeks ago. A managerial novice winning trophies and big games with an average enough team. You'd swear from all the spin that Mourinho was the only man alive that could deliver us a League Cup or FA Cup.

Woolwich under Arteta may well end up going nowhere, but there is a sense of planning, direction and looking to the future about it and he's giving young fellow like Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Sakya and Odergaard a crack at it. Even the fucking Chavs are trusting young home grown players like Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Gilmour, Abraham and Reece James and giving them a go.

No chance for developing young talent with us. Our whole team revolves around two senior players - Kane and Son, both 28 and 29 (or thereabouts). The bottom line is that having won nothing in their careers, they are far too big to be hanging around a mid table club any longer, a club that has no sense of direction, forward planning and is going nowhere. No wonder there's such utter doom and gloom and foreboding around the club and more of a positive vibe about Woolwich, even if we are still 3 places ahead of them in the league.
Your there comparing arteta to Mourinho, praising arteta, when Woolwich have been bottom half most the season and are out of all the cups bar the europa league which they have been pretty lucky to stay in..

Spurs have beaten man city twice, united 6-1 and knocked Chelsea out the cup? So whats your point on those?

Just because spurs lost to Woolwich doesnt mean arteta is doing better lol

If spurs were having Woolwich's season theres no way you would be praising arteta so stop being a whiney douche..

Sadly so will his fanboys...I know you aren't one, but you seem totally blinded to his failings hoping that 2010 Jose somehow comes back from the grave.
No I’m not blinded by his failings
I’m painfully aware of them

I’m just hoping that he can turn it around for all our sakes

I am aware of his record though and it didn’t end in 2010
He did well at Utd despite it not going well!

I just feel that to sack him now would be premature and if we’re in a similar position at this time next season then yes get rid at the end of it

I think that’s what Levy will do

Woolwich build from the back, we press with Kane.

We try to build from the back, they press with the whole team.

Then we shit the bed and lump it forward. Not only that but because we’re overrun in midfield, our attacking players have to track back deeper and deeper, leaving Kane with absolutely no support as a targetman and therefore our only counter-attacking pattern being brough to 0.

How some people refuse to acknowledge how fucking poor tactically we are when all the evidence is there to see is baffling.

Woolwich build from the back, we press with Kane.

We try to build from the back, they press with the whole team.

Then we shit the bed and lump it forward. Not only that but because we’re overrun in midfield, our attacking players have to track back deeper and deeper, leaving Kane with absolutely no support as a targetman and therefore our only counter-attacking pattern being brough to 0.

How some people refuse to acknowledge how fucking poor tactically we are when all the evidence is there to see is baffling.

It’s a complete mess

Back
Top Bottom