Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s really not that complicated. Vinicius was having a horrible match and played just 3 passes, he was killing our attacks whenever he got involved by either the ball bouncing off him or being offside.

We put Son on because he is a much better forward than Vinicius, not to help Reguilon defend. I didn’t see Son do any defending.
Well we may have to agree to disagree on that one - I definitely saw Son several times in his own half right by the left hand touchline either chasing an opponent, or trying to tackle one (normally failing, but that's a different matter). Of course he offers more as a forward than Vinny, that goes without saying surely, but he was also in positions right near the touchline deep in our half in places that Vinny would never have got within 30 feet of. So (theoretically at least) benefits in both attacking and defending (or at least slowing them down on that flank, where they caused Reg so many problems).

Anyway, whether the potential defensive assistance was a factor or not, going back through to the start of this specific conversation, I don't think it was a surprising, bizarre or 'poor' decision by Mourinho to sub Vinny off and Son on, as was being suggested. However you look at it, whatever the drivers, it made good sense at the time, that's the main point.

Well we may have to agree to disagree on that one - I definitely saw Son several times in his own half right by the left hand touchline either chasing an opponent, or trying to tackle one (normally failing, but that's a different matter). Of course he offers more as a forward than Vinny, that goes without saying surely, but he was also in positions right near the touchline deep in our half in places that Vinny would never have got within 30 feet of. So (theoretically at least) benefits in both attacking and defending (or at least slowing them down on that flank, where they caused Reg so many problems).

Anyway, whether the potential defensive assistance was a factor or not, going back through to the start of this specific conversation, I don't think it was a surprising, bizarre or 'poor' decision by Mourinho to sub Vinny off and Son on, as was being suggested. However you look at it, whatever the drivers, it made good sense at the time, that's the main point.
I just thought that we lost a lot of our tempo after half time

The same was said about the Spurs team under AVB and Sherwood. Took a good manager to come in before people were openly admitting they got it wrong about Rose, Walker, Kane, Bentaleb, Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele & Eriksen. All routinely called out, by fans, media and even by Sherwood.

None of this means players shouldn't be moved on or we could do better blah, blah but until the dinosaur goes we will continue to play shit because of him, not because of individual players. It's a futile exercise to slate a player whilst the dinosaur is actively inviting the sake to bolster his existing pay off's for his past failures.
Poch came in and got less points than Sherwood and AVB in his first season.

Poch came in and got less points than Sherwood and AVB in his first season.
I pity anyone who couldn't see what was going on with how we were playing in his first season. The changes were all being made, the shit being identified and moved out, the promising being given the support and belief, the football was more coherent. The defence was improving. There were plenty of green shoots showing a structure was emerging.

I pity anyone who couldn't see what was going on with how we were playing in his first season. The changes were all being made, the shit being identified and moved out, the promising being given the support and belief, the football was more coherent. The defence was improving. There were plenty of green shoots showing a structure was emerging.
Shit was identified? He went on gave Mason a new contract who was as shit as it gets. We got lucky that mason was injured early on next season that Dembele even got a proper run in he side after he said he was leaving if Poch doesnt play him. . For the first year Poch had a hardon for 'youf' which almost fucked us over had that headless chicken of a CM partnership of Bentaleb+Mason had continued .

Shit was identified? He went on gave Mason a new contract who was as shit as it gets. We got lucky that mason was injured early on next season that Dembele even got a proper run in he side after he said he was leaving if Poch doesnt play him. . For the first year Poch had a hardon for 'youf' which almost fucked us over had that headless chicken of a CM partnership of Bentaleb+Mason had continued .
I send you my pitty.

Kyle Naughton - Binned
Kaboul - Binned
Capoue - Binned
Paulino - Binned
Lennon - Binned
Ade - Binned
Pritchard - Binned
Chiriches - Binned
Freidel - Binned
Gomes(??) - Binned
Gylfi - Binned
Soldado - Binned

More followed the following year

Once getting all this shit out of the club that was regularly spanked by the big sides capitulating frequently, his trust was placed in younger lads, many of them Tottenham lads. They performed with energy and aggression that we hadn't seen for some time.

When you change managers you first look for what they are building, what they are changing, whether a style of play is forming, if you can see repeated patterns of play, that there are signs of coaching and players taking instruction onboard before you look at results. In every aspect, anyone that can analyse football matches could see what was changing, what foundations (in Poch's case the defence) were being put in place.

his trust was placed in younger lads, many of them Tottenham lads. They performed with energy and aggression that we hadn't seen for some time.
So much energy that we won less points than before. Pity returned. It was only when he realised his mistake from the first year of putting all faith in 'youf' that we became a real team in the 2nd seconds. He even ruined his only decent chance at a trophy by picking Mason in the final vs Chavs, then replacing him when were predictably losing 2-0 in 30 minutes . We were really very very lucky that Mason was injured and not played the next season or that hideous partnership wtih Bentaleb would have not even gotten us close to leicester. We were very close to Dembele - Binned if Mason had stayed healthy.

So much energy that we won less points than before. Pity returned. It was only when he realised his mistake from the first year of putting all faith in 'youf' that we became a real team in the 2nd seconds. He even ruined his only decent chance at a trophy by picking Mason in the final vs Chavs, then replacing him when were predictably losing 2-0 in 30 minutes . We were really very very lucky that Mason was injured and not played the next season or that hideous partnership wtih Bentaleb would have not even gotten us close to leicester. We were very close to Dembele - Binned if Mason had stayed healthy.
Rarely have I seen such a misinformed take, but there it is in black and white.

I've lost track of the purpose of this debate, what is the point? What does it have to do with how shit Mourinho is? The shitness that was the Newcastle game? If you can remind me of the value and purpose I'd happily destroy you're take on the excellent work done by the previous fella. (maybe that's the reason we are having this futile disscussion?)

Rarely have I seen such a misinformed take, but there it is in black and white.

I've lost track of the purpose of this debate, what is the point? What does it have to do with how shit Mourinho is? The shitness that was the Newcastle game? If you can remind me of the value and purpose I'd happily destroy you're take on the excellent work done by the previous fella. (maybe that's the reason we are having this futile disscussion?)

I said while what Mourinho is doing is shit, even Poch was failing for a whole year with the junk he collected after those great players previous managers bought like Dembele, Eriksen , Vertonghen etc were no longer in their prime.

What we need is a new BINNED list for the junk poch collected and a few left over from the previous era and mourinho era.

Sissoko baby elephant - Binned
Winks useless cunt - Binned
Sanchez just shit - Binned
Toby old and shit - Binned
Davies shit as it as gets- Binned
Dier stupid slow cunt - Binned
Bergwin shittest finishing- Binned
Doherty donkey - Binned
Bale why did we even bother - Binned
Vinicius pointless shit - Binned
Lamela headless chicken - Binned

Even the biggest pochsucker has to admit, these shitcunts failed with the previous manager for a year and/or have been failing with the current manager and will fail with the new manager too . Because they are shit cunts. Why not bin these fuckers and give the next manager a chance to win something for the club for once.

Shit was identified? He went on gave Mason a new contract who was as shit as it gets.
Bullshit.

Mason and Bentaleb were the midfield for the game v the Goons, 0-1 to 2-1.

The other great performance we put in that season was the 5-3 v Chavs. Mason started the game, subbed off early for Moose, but the pattern had already been set and we were bossing the MF.

We blew the final v Chavs not because he selected Mason, but because he played a strong team away at Fiorentina Thursday night, and we didn't have enough gas. And tactically he was outthought by both them and Chavs both games.

Edit - and why isn't this on the Poch thread? What's it got to do with Barcodes?

Bullshit.

Mason and Bentaleb were the midfield for the game v the Goons, 0-1 to 2-1.

The other great performance we put in that season was the 5-3 v Chavs. Mason started the game, subbed off early for Moose, but the pattern had already been set and we were bossing the MF.

We blew the final v Chavs not because he selected Mason, but because he played a strong team away at Fiorentina Thursday night, and we didn't have enough gas. And tactically he was outthought by both them and Chavs both games.

Edit - and why isn't this on the Poch thread? What's it got to do with Barcodes?
In the game vs Chelsea, you think when the score was 0-0 at 14 minutes when Mason was subbed off that was the reason behind us scoring 5 in the remaining 76 minutes.

What a pile of deluded nonsense.

I said while what Mourinho is doing is shit, even Poch was failing for a whole year with the junk he collected after those great players previous managers bought like Dembele, Eriksen , Vertonghen etc were no longer in their prime.

What we need is a new BINNED list for the junk poch collected and a few left over from the previous era and mourinho era.

Sissoko baby elephant - Binned
Winks useless cunt - Binned
Sanchez just shit - Binned
Toby old and shit - Binned
Davies shit as it as gets- Binned
Dier stupid slow cunt - Binned
Bergwin shittest finishing- Binned
Doherty donkey - Binned
Bale why did we even bother - Binned
Vinicius pointless shit - Binned
Lamela headless chicken - Binned

Even the biggest pochsucker has to admit, these shitcunts failed with the previous manager for a year and/or have been failing with the current manager and will fail with the new manager too . Because they are shit cunts. Why not bin these fuckers and give the next manager a chance to win something for the club for once.
What are you arguing for or against here????

Poch quite clearly transformed Spurs into a truly fantastic team. You can't possibly try to argue against this? If you are seriously suggesting otherwise I don't wish to continue a conversation with you, as you are clearly a fucking troll and I don't want to waste my time.

It doesn't matter who the fuck plays, Mourinho has put out multiple players across multiple positions and he's had them set up in his mid/low-block shit for almost two fucking years! It doesn't matter who we buy or who we sell, the team Mourinho selects he will have them playing and performing in exactly the same way as he done since his arrival at Spurs, the same way he had Utd playing and the same way he had Chelsea playing, which led to him being sacked.

In the game vs Chelsea, you think when the score was 0-0 at 14 minutes when Mason was subbed off that was the reason behind us scoring 5 in the remaining 76 minutes.

What a pile of deluded nonsense.
Mason started the game, subbed off early for Moose, but the pattern had already been set and we were bossing the MF.

Suggest you read the whole of a post

But then you weren't at the game, didn't see it, can't remember it, don't know what you're talking about.

Bye!!

:mourthumb:

I am arguing for the need to get rid of a bunch of shit players...as they will always be shit no matter who the manager is. If anything you didnt remember what you were arguing about like a dumbo, I had to remind you.
Right, that will make a massive difference to how we play. Like it did with Utd after spending £400m as he did with Chavs who spent as they always do on a squad that already contained some of the highest-paid players (and literally the highest, Eto) in world football. He had these team puuuurrring alright, he had them highly motivated, they hadn't downed tools, and weren't sat in and around mid-table or in a genuine relegation fight.

The way forward.

Back
Top Bottom