Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a mystery to me too

Vinny’s control is poor but he puts a shift in allowing Harry to drop deep

Son doesn’t provide much protection at all and looked badly out of touch

Poor mistake from Jose
Surely the idea was that Reg was getting done regularly down our left hand side, so putting Son on would (in theory) give Reg more protection. And of course Vinny wasn't that involved in the 1st half, so not much to be lost there. Obviously it never panned out like that, as Son actually didn't do a great deal to help Reg - but presumably that was the idea (which seems sensible enough doesn't it?)

Surely the idea was that Reg was getting done regularly down our left hand side, so putting Son on would (in theory) give Reg more protection. And of course Vinny wasn't that involved in the 1st half, so not much to be lost there. Obviously it never panned out like that, as Son actually didn't do a great deal to help Reg - but presumably that was the idea (which seems sensible enough doesn't it?)
If Som is capable of doing that but he isn’t that sort of player even when 100% fit which he wasn’t

If Som is capable of doing that but he isn’t that sort of player even when 100% fit which he wasn’t
Agreed - but I expect that was the plan. He may not be ideal for it, but given his position, his pace and how hard he works, he was always more likely to help Reg than Vinny was, and arguably Vinny was adding absolutely nothing of value. I'm not saying it was a good plan - I'm just saying I expect that was the plan. ;)

After having 3 title challenges, getting to CL final, finishing in the top four for 5yrs, getting to x2 FA Cup Semi-Finals, x1 League Cup final, x1 Legaue Cup semi-final!! ONLY good teams do this!

Dortmund were in the relegation zone for most of Klopp's last season in Germany, he left because his methods/voice etc no longer got the desired results from the team, the same happened with Poch. This is completly understandable.

A good manager gets the best out of a squad, gets them performing better than the sum of their parts. It's why managers get sacked when they can no longer achieve this. Good managers improve teams.
Not many good teams get 25 pointsin 24 games or get zero away wins in a year and spiralling downwards. A new manager may improve them but not by that much. I dont mind changing the manager, but many of these useless cunts have to go too. They had been completely for a whole year before Mourinho even got here.

It even goes beyond that, this forum is about a tenth as much fun as it used to be - pointless rows, threads going round in circles, obsessive posters, everyone picking a different player(s) to slag off tirelessly (I see Regui and Hoj are the latest on the rank, joining Ndombele who's back out of favour)

People seem to be having a virtual dance-off to see who can show online that they hate Spurs more than the rest, it's boring the tits and cock off me
I agree to a point about the forum, it does turn nasty when there really is no need. Nothing wrong with having different POV but stay civil, manners cost nothing. I still mostly enjoy the banter on here, and am good at scanning over the posts and threads that have I have no interest in. As we cannot get to the stadium, this is a good place to vent / celebrate with like-minded supporters (albeit not been much of the latter recently).
The ones who do irritate me are the Jose fans who have the cheek to run down our players and club. Such a strange thing to do, they'd be better off starting their own platform and they can discuss their idol to their heart's content.

I agree to a point about the forum, it does turn nasty when there really is no need. Nothing wrong with having different POV but stay civil, manners cost nothing. I still mostly enjoy the banter on here, and am good at scanning over the posts and threads that have I have no interest in. As we cannot get to the stadium, this is a good place to vent / celebrate with like-minded supporters (albeit not been much of the latter recently).
The ones who do irritate me are the Jose fans who have the cheek to run down our players and club. Such a strange thing to do, they'd be better off starting their own platform and they can discuss their idol to their heart's content.
Actually, manners do cost money....in our house anyway . We have to have a swear box to try to stop my Italian wife from practicing her vernacular English when we have guests.

Like you I have been a fan since the early 60's and imo, the last time we were all this disillusioned was our relegation season. With ENIC and Levy calling the shots, it's unlikely that anything will change
Somehow the fans have to find the strength to see this through...hopefully in our lifetime.
Well we’re all about the same age roughly and I was hooked in our double year

It’s not good now though but it’s been worse before under AVB Gross Graham Santini Neill etc

If I can watch the whole game live I will do as I’ve done every season either by attending or watching it on TV

I will be glued to the game on Sunday praying we come good as I’ve got no liking for those smug entitled fuckers and if the wheels do come off I will be glued to the next game etc etc etc
COYS

Actually, manners do cost money....in our house anyway . We have to have a swear box to try to stop my Italian wife from practicing her vernacular English when we have guests.
Has she taught you how to swear in Italian?
I've been known to swear in Maltese in company, as they have no idea what I'm saying

:sandroscream:

Has she taught you how to swear in Italian?
I've been known to swear in Maltese in company, as they have no idea what I'm saying

:sandroscream:
Apparently Russian is the best language for swearing as you can have a ten minute rant without repeating yourself!

🤬

No point , the person would be debating with themselves, Wonmina has more alias names than a super spy , I am sure they are all him/ her

Not many good teams get 25 pointsin 24 games or get zero away wins in a year and spiralling downwards. A new manager may improve them but not by that much. I dont mind changing the manager, but many of these useless cunts have to go too. They had been completely for a whole year before Mourinho even got here.
The same was said about the Spurs team under AVB and Sherwood. Took a good manager to come in before people were openly admitting they got it wrong about Rose, Walker, Kane, Bentaleb, Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele & Eriksen. All routinely called out, by fans, media and even by Sherwood.

None of this means players shouldn't be moved on or we could do better blah, blah but until the dinosaur goes we will continue to play shit because of him, not because of individual players. It's a futile exercise to slate a player whilst the dinosaur is actively inviting the sake to bolster his existing pay off's for his past failures.

It’s really not that complicated. Vinicius was having a horrible match and played just 3 passes, he was killing our attacks whenever he got involved by either the ball bouncing off him or being offside.

We put Son on because he is a much better forward than Vinicius, not to help Reguilon defend. I didn’t see Son do any defending.

Back
Top Bottom