Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not getting sacked before the end of the season, is he?
This is it.

Agenda. Some people claim to be real Spurs fans, but at the moment they just want the club to fail - as badly as possible - so Jose gets fired - as soon as possible.

I mean, at least support the team while the season is still alive, right? Even if you still love Poch, even if you want Nagelsmann, the virgin, as the next manager - or anyone else, really.

Surely, if Spurs are in Champions League next season, "the next manager" would take the club from a much better position?

Not to mention we are in a final to win the first title in 13 years. Surely, you want the club to have a chance there, so you want the atmosphere to be the best possible one?

The answer is no.

Because getting CL qualification and/or winning the League Cup means Jose will have more chances to stay at the club. They read somewhere that unless the club falls apart in these last 9 or 10 games, Jose will be here next season. So they want the club to fall.

"Real fans" want crisis between manager and players. It´s as clear as it gets.

COYS

Last edited:
What foundation?
He left a shitshow
The best two players of the previous 5 years for Spurs prior Poch joining were Bale and Modric, one left the year before one left two years before. Neither were even close to being replaced AVB left Poch a mess and minus it’s star players
Our two best players have remained at the club , Jose has inherited less of a mess than Poch and in 18 months has done appreciably worse. The style of play has also been horrendous

It was the last 11 months of Poch that left the shitshow that Jose inherited though

Yeah leaving a team that finished 4th, leaving a team that still had 13 of our 14 players that had qualified for and played in a Champions League Final, and adding Ndombele and LoCelso to it. Leaving a team that Mourinho himself had said, there are 4 challengers for the title Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City reserves.

Yeah real shit show.

Just because the replacement has been a disaster, the revisionism that he inherited a shitshow is laughable.

The shitshow wasn't inherited, it was created by Levy's appointment and accentuated by Mourinho and his management style

Last edited:
Mate have you been reading this thread and what most fans don’t like about Maureen and what they would like as an alternative? Benetiz is from the same mould as jose boring football with the same philosophy and sane blame culture.
We really do need someone who is in touch with modern football. That probably means a young(er) manager. Jose is resting on his laurels and that's ok but it's not much use to a team desperately trying to enter the 21st century. All congrats to Jose and his career, clearly a great manager but simply not a leader for modern times. I don't hate him, he's just doing his thing but I do hate Levy for a, hiring him and b, just doing nothing about him. This the very heart of the matter, Levy and ENIC. Nothing will change whilst we're just considered an "investment"

I was a huge fan of Poch, gutted when he left. But it was the right thing and I don't think you go back unless something significant happens.

But Jose is a self important cunt, who even yourself in saying he needs a fair crack of the whip, is basically saying he's a chequebook manager. I hated putting Mourinho in place, not because of his record of winning things, but because he's a cunt, who polarises fans and players and leaves a lovely shitstorm when he does depart.

I will be beyond delighted when this fucker is shown the door, then I want an ambitous manager willing to play top quality football and develop us.

Not Poch, maybe Ten Hag.
Hear hear!

Zonal vs Man-marking is about management style? That's just total nonsense. Both systems have their pros and cons and has nothing to do with management style, with an hybrid approach being my preferred setup. (FYI if a goal is conceded from a zone assigned to a player, you can still directly fault that player)

Sorry but who ever wrote that piece is either being disingenuous or clueless about the game.
Read the fucking article, not the fucking headline (the reason why they want you to click and subscribe). If you weren't such a fanboy you would not get so defensive over any of the assertions in this piece, especially whilst everything is pointing to utter dross being served up game after fucking game, with exactly the same patterns repeating themselves no matter who the personnel pick to play.

FWIW: I disagree with the notion mentioned that the Dinosaur plays his system in order to avoid responsibility, I think that's nonsense. I think he plays this way because he thinks that it will get him a result as it used to 15-20yrs ago. He's an old fossil and hasn't developed his game to remain relevant (relevant meaning that he's not elite anymore. If Moyes, Fat Sam, Ancellotti, Pullis were our manager this is exactly what you would see but in fairness to them to without the chucking of players under the bus) in today's game, it's why I call him for what he is, a fucking dinosaur, a has-been.

For instance, there is a great comment about this article on The Athletic website that reads:
"Leeds play a very man to man system if I’ve understood it correctly. Yet Bielsa has never blamed a single player for any defeat or bad performance in his time at the club. Even when Leeds have multiple errors at set-pieces, the manager always takes responsibility. Perhaps it’s not just the system but the character of the manager that matters. Bielsa and Mourinho seem opposites in more than just tactics".

I agree completly with that comment. The article does, however, speak the how the Dinosaur has us set up and as a consequence it's simply inevitable someone in the back 4 will make an error, not because player 'X' is shit but because the dinosaur has this team playing woefully.

The zonal vs man-marking is a good example within the context it's presented.

Report back to Dino Marketing PLC, your doing all you can, another defensive post, another £5 to boost the bank balance, well done.

Zonal vs Man-marking is about management style? That's just total nonsense. Both systems have their pros and cons and has nothing to do with management style, with an hybrid approach being my preferred setup. (FYI if a goal is conceded from a zone assigned to a player, you can still directly fault that player)

Sorry but who ever wrote that piece is either being disingenuous or clueless about the game.
Yeah and you’re a football tactics master cause you won some matches in Football Manager :pochrolleyes:

MessyLonelyFish-small.gif

The best two players of the previous 5 years for Spurs prior Poch joining were Bale and Modric, one left the year before one left two years before. Neither were even close to being replaced AVB left Poch a mess and minus it’s star players
Our two best players have remained at the club , Jose has inherited less of a mess than Poch and in 18 months has done appreciably worse. The style of play has also been horrendous
I can’t remember the players being at each other’s throats or shagging each other’s wives or black eyes at the training ground when AVB left

Yeah leaving a team that finished 4th, leaving a team that still had 13 of our 14 players that had qualified for and played in a Champions League Final, and adding Ndombele and LoCelso to it. Leaving a team that Mourinho himself had said, there are 4 challengers for the title Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City reserves.

Yeah real shit show.

Just because the replacement has been a disaster, the revisionism that he inherited a shitshow is laughable.

The shitshow wasn't inherited, it was created by Levy's appointment and accentuated by Mourinho and his management style
We were 14th when Poch got sacked after getting thrashed by Brighton, humiliated by Colchester and thrashed by Bayern 7-2 at home

Remember?

Kekerinho Kekerinho = shitshow

I can’t remember the players being at each other’s throats or shagging each other’s wives or black eyes at the training ground when AVB left

And I can't remember any being at each other's throats (that only happened after Mourinho joined), or shagging each others wives during Poch's time either.

Just another bullshit statement

And I can't remember any being at each other's throats (that only happened after Mourinho joined), or shagging each others wives during Poch's time either.

Just another bullshit statement
It was well known that Jan was shagging Eriksens wife and turned up with a black eye!

Back
Top Bottom