The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
This is what he said:

Any new manager will be gone by Christmas.
We have a squad bar 3 or 4 that don't give a fuck.
No effort desire or will to win runs through this squad.
We have needed a mass clear out for the last 2 years a new manager will come in give some a chance and they will down tools like they have done for the last 2 managers.
They are a bunch of cowards who have no pride.

Any new manager will not be gone by Christmas
More than 3 or 4 give a fuck
There is plenty of desire to win in the squad
The down tools part is crap, but the clear out is correct
The cowards and pride thing is crap.

So he got one half thing out of 5 right. It is the typical these guys don't care enough BS rant that ignores skill and quality. How the eff does that dummy know who does or doesn't care? It is a weak argument that fans make all the time, especially those that thing they are the super duperest fans out there and everyone should go out every week and cut their own legs off to win.
The players have downed tools for the last 2 managers though 🤔

Dier was an absolute car crash today, hopefully that's the nail in the coffin. He just never seems to be aware of his surroundings or the opposition striker - constantly done by the simplest of movement.
Banish Sanchez and Dier from the squad and sell both in the summer - if it's not Toby stick Tanganga or the next academy prospect in next to Rodon for the rest of the season. It really can't be any worse than those two clowns.

As with many Spurs games in recent times there was such an inevitability of the opposition goals and when Sissoko came on you knew the game was done. There was one moment that stuck out. The ball was bouncing in acres of space in the middle of the pitch and all he had to do was get it under control under no pressure and keep possession. Instead, he shit himself and tried a first timed cushioned pass to PEH which he obviously mis-hit straight to United and they countered. It's so bizarre he is still getting minutes for us. It must be so depressing for someone like Kane to look around and see that's his midfield.

Shoutout to Lloris for his customary near post failure against United - seems to do it every time we face them.

United are the better side so losing to them is no great shame, just another reminder that a lot of people need to reassess how highly they rate this squad.

We have Kane as the only true standout talent in the team. We then have Ndombele, Son (when not on his 2 month shit streak) and maybe Lloris as high level supporting cast. Beyond that we have nearly men that you can never truly rely on (Lucas, Lamela) and then players with growing question marks (Reguilon, GLC). Almost everything after that is dross.

Under Poch when we people would do combined XI's with United maybe they would have one or two in but we would dominate. Now it probably looks something like:

Lloris
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Ndombele
Rashford Kane Fernandes
Lloris vs Henderson/De Gea is anyone's guess.
I'm being generous with this formation to squeeze Ndombele in but that's probably Spurs bias. In reality it would probably be Fernandes at 10 and Martial on the left.

We are so far off it. Sad times!

Can anyone find out what has happened with Toby? Has he gone on strike? Has he banged Jose’s daughter???
Surely with one leg he’s better than either of those gimps dire and Sanchez

at this stage put tanganga and Rodon in to bed in for next season??

I don't rate Dier. He was asleep here, but I thought that was a collective clusterfuck. Son, GLC, Rodon, Aurier, Lloris all played their part. The ball-watching/lack of aggression was jaw-dropping.

There were other at fault as well but Dier was front and center as the guy closest in that fuck up.

The fact that others also shut down shouldn't take away the much deserve blame he takes on that goal. And that was only the 2nd worst play he had leading to a goal. He was truly terrible, as expected today.

Dier was an absolute car crash today, hopefully that's the nail in the coffin. He just never seems to be aware of his surroundings or the opposition striker - constantly done by the simplest of movement.
Banish Sanchez and Dier from the squad and sell both in the summer - if it's not Toby stick Tanganga or the next academy prospect in next to Rodon for the rest of the season. It really can't be any worse than those two clowns.

As with many Spurs games in recent times there was such an inevitability of the opposition goals and when Sissoko came on you knew the game was done. There was one moment that stuck out. The ball was bouncing in acres of space in the middle of the pitch and all he had to do was get it under control under no pressure and keep possession. Instead, he shit himself and tried a first timed cushioned pass to PEH which he obviously mis-hit straight to United and they countered. It's so bizarre he is still getting minutes for us. It must be so depressing for someone like Kane to look around and see that's his midfield.

Shoutout to Lloris for his customary near post failure against United - seems to do it every time we face them.

United are the better side so losing to them is no great shame, just another reminder that a lot of people need to reassess how highly they rate this squad.

We have Kane as the only true standout talent in the team. We then have Ndombele, Son (when not on his 2 month shit streak) and maybe Lloris as high level supporting cast. Beyond that we have nearly men that you can never truly rely on (Lucas, Lamela) and then players with growing question marks (Reguilon, GLC). Almost everything after that is dross.

Under Poch when we people would do combined XI's with United maybe they would have one or two in but we would dominate. Now it probably looks something like:

Lloris
McTominay Pogba
Ndombele
Rashford Kane Fernandes
I'm being generous with this formation to squeeze Ndombele in but that's probably Spurs bias. In reality it would probably be Fernandes at 10 and Martial on the left.

Reguilon, Toby and GLC, Son are all getting in that side no doubt.

I know people are down on us at the moment but no need to get silly.

Reguilon, Toby and GLC, Son are all getting in that side no doubt.

I know people are down on us at the moment but no need to get silly.
LOL

Shaw has been the best LB in the league this season - in no way does Reguilon get in. He's been poor for a while.

Toby can't even get ahead of Dier and Sanchez never mind actual competent defenders.

GLC in ahead of who? Pogba? Fernandes? Dream on.

You can make the argument for Son but when he disappears for 3 months it becomes harder to justify.

This is what I mean about the general overrating of our squad by fans, need to wake up.

LOL

Shaw has been the best LB in the league this season - in no way does Reguilon get in. He's been poor for a while.

Toby can't even get ahead of Dier and Sanchez never mind actual competent defenders.

You can make the argument for Son but when he disappears for 3 months it becomes harder to justify.

This is what I mean about the general overrating of our squad by fans, need to wake up.

Under Jose Luke Shaw was fat and useless. Swap GLC or Ndombele with Fernandes or Pogba and United would still be doing fine with Ole at the wheel and we would still be shit.

Under Jose Luke Shaw was fat and useless. Swap GLC or Ndombele with Fernandes or Pogba and United would still be doing fine with Ole at the wheel and we would still be shit.
Fernandes' goal contribution and influence in that team is insane. GLC or Ndombele are in no way comparable and do not get in ahead of him.

Pogba is hit or miss but he ran the show today, made our midfield look right mugs. I'd have him over those two also.

Fernandes' goal contribution and influence in that team is insane. GLC or Ndombele are in no way comparable and do not get in ahead of him.

Pogba is hit or miss but he ran the show today, made our midfield look right mugs. I'd have him over those two also.

Fernandes couldn’t run a game if his life depended on it, he is what Dele Alli used to be when he was useful for us 3 seasons back, a great goal scorer from deep. Both Ndombele and Lo Celso have better close control than he does.

Instead of working to the ball, Dier raises an arm to signal offside, and Fred plays it by Lloris
I noticed that they all Aurier as well so amateurish. Dier has his arm up even before cavani shot so was nowhere near Fred for the rebound. I can’t believe the players are either so unprofessional or stupid or both they should play to the whistle. They obviously don’t understand the rules either it is really shocking! The lines keep their flags down and then VAR will do the check so there is no need for the defenders to raise arm for offside. Watch it again you’ll see Aurier, Dier and PEH all raise their arms. Pathetic!

Lloris
McTominay Pogba
Ndombele
Rashford Kane Fernandes

I honestly don't know why Fred is a laughing stock. Every time I see him, I see a well-rounded CM.

LOL

Luke Shaw has been much better this year, I wouldn't say best LB in the league and for me not better than Reguilon. At best it is a wash this year with Reguilon being much better prior to this season.

GLC ahead of Pogba for sure and equal with Fernandes.

Toby only doesn't get ahead of Dier and Sanchez because our manager is an idiot. He is light years better than Lindelof, it isn't debatable or close.

There is no overrating of our team just being realistic and not overrating United.

Apologies to Dier, it was the whole team...

... do they teach this? Raise your arm and forget to do your job?
1XDOn2B.png
That really is bad arnt they told there is no to raise their arms for offside? They should play to the whistle anyway. Fucking lazy gits they just couldn’t be arsed to actually defend and track back!

Fernandes goal contribution is due to him being on penalties and United getting a ton of gifts.

Watching him in open play he doesn't do much at all.

I noticed that they all Aurier as well so amateurish. Dier has his arm up even before cavani shot so was nowhere near Fred for the rebound. I can’t believe the players are either so unprofessional or stupid or both they should play to the whistle. They obviously don’t understand the rules either it is really shocking! The lines keep their flags down and then VAR will do the check so there is no need for the defenders to raise arm for offside. Watch it again you’ll see Aurier, Dier and PEH all raise their arms. Pathetic!
You see it with most teams. It's like they are trying to cod the fans/viewers into thinking that they know what they are doing.

Fernandes couldn’t run a game if his life depended on it, he is what Dele Alli used to be when he was useful for us 3 seasons back, a great goal scorer from deep. Both Ndombele and Lo Celso have better close control than he does.
Who is arguing about close control?

Fernandes is a far more effective attacking player than those two as borne out by the stats. As Alli was 3 years ago - not sure why that's supposed to be a slur. The Alli of 3 years ago walks into our current team.

The original point was about a combined XI, if you want to believe any manager doesn't pick Fernandes ahead of those two go right ahead in dreamland.

Back
Top Bottom