Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand Harry.
It is a shame for us that we have been unable as a club to make a project for one of the top scorers in the history of the Premier to win a single title.
If it were Levy I would sell him (if this is really his wish) even if the buyer was Manchester City
In that case, good that you're not Daniel Levy.

To be fair, Berbatov basically says that if he moves he should make sure it's a good move for him (and not move for the sake of it).

Nice to see that Alan Shearer offers a different comment to the otehr pundits and ex-players.

Yes but the French league is a load of shit. It's almost as bad as the Scottish league.
If he goes its are own fault shit dinosaur of a manager and a chairman who had several chances to back previous managers and failed.
PSG got to the CL final last season and the Semi this season. They have Neymar, Mbappe, Marquinhos, Veratti, Di Maria, and a bunch of others.
The best player in Scotland today is Steven Gerarrd and he's retired.

I understand Harry.
It is a shame for us that we have been unable as a club to make a project for one of the top scorers in the history of the Premier to win a single title.
If it were Levy I would sell him (if this is really his wish) even if the buyer was Manchester City

So you're a gooner fan than. Jog on, whelp.

Harry needs 1 goal tonight to equal Fowler on 163 and become 7th highest EPL goal scorer.
163 goals will also make him same League top division goals as Fowler and Francis Lee.
If he manages a brace he will tie with Tom Finney on 164 goals.

Harry Kane has the (joint) highest goals per games ratio of anyone on the list at 0.68 goals per game.
The only player currently playing that comes close is Aguerro at 0.67 and it looks like his days in the league are numbered.

When was the last time we were even remotely close to being relegated?

We have been much closer to winning the league.

Technically at the moment we are 25 points behind leading the league, and only 23 above relegation
Last season we were 40 points behind leaders and 25 above relegation

Previous time we were nearer the relegation zone than top of the league points wise was 2008-09 (Ramos 2 points from 8 season)

So points wise we are closer to being relegated than winning the league.
Yes I know neither will happen in the foreseeable future, but technically Zomb was correct.

I am not advocating moving on from Kane or Son, honestly I think we could be successful either way as always it depends on smart transfer moves, managerial hires and squad management, but the way some folks on here fear monger about the thought of losing Kane and/or Son is crazy.

We will lose them at some point, whether to transfers or age. If our club can't survive the loss of one player we are in massive trouble. I know we are not City or RM, but we shouldn't be a one/two man club either.

Let's not push Kane out but at the same time we sure as hell better be able to still have success when/if he leaves.
If we lose them we will be in massive trouble. I can't see how you can claim otherwise in all honesty. Yes we will have to cope with the loss somehow and a new team will emerge but I can't think of a single occasion where we've lost one of our better players and had a better year following, few years even, I mean, did we ever replace david howells?!

Yes we'll move on and fill those spaces with other bodies, but that's hardly a cause for blind optimism based on past performance.

If we lose them we will be in massive trouble. I can't see how you can claim otherwise in all honesty. Yes we will have to cope with the loss somehow and a new team will emerge but I can't think of a single occasion where we've lost one of our better players and had a better year following, few years even, I mean, did we ever replace david howells?!

Yes we'll move on and fill those spaces with other bodies, but that's hardly a cause for blind optimism based on past performance.

We'll get 200m for Kane and Son and extend Vinicious' loan for another year.
Best run club in the world us.

I am not sure it is blind optimism, just pointing out that we are not a club like Burnley that has had no success and then rocketed up the league once Kane and Son came. We had top 4 success before they came, we have the resources to get top 4 after they leave.

What it takes to move on from players like that is competent management, which we need even if they somehow play for another 20 years. The point I am making is we should not be a one (or this case two) player club scared of losing them so that we end up making poor decisions. Clubs lose high quality players all the time and move on. Some improve, like we did after selling Bale. It might not come immediately but the Poch years were definitely better years than the Bale years overall.

From my pov the pursuit of Shearers record is very ‘small time mentality’ and really I don’t think that is Harry, it can’t be top of the list of priorities for him. Would he like to be the all time top goal scorer in the league? Sure.. but it’s not the be all end all.

granted it might be his family that keep him in England as opposed to chasing Shearers silly record.
Nothing silly or small-time about it, imo. It's a monumental undertaking and achievement that any attacker would simply dream about.

I am not sure it is blind optimism, just pointing out that we are not a club like Burnley that has had no success and then rocketed up the league once Kane and Son came. We had top 4 success before they came, we have the resources to get top 4 after they leave.

What it takes to move on from players like that is competent management, which we need even if they somehow play for another 20 years. The point I am making is we should not be a one (or this case two) player club scared of losing them so that we end up making poor decisions. Clubs lose high quality players all the time and move on. Some improve, like we did after selling Bale. It might not come immediately but the Poch years were definitely better years than the Bale years overall.
Fair enough. I agree that we should have competent management and that with it we'd cope ok. Unfortunately we don't have competent management...

I understand the principle. I just think right now the specifics will be hard to implement. Who should we buy as a CF if Kane leaves?

I understand the principle. I just think right now the specifics will be hard to implement. Who should we buy as a CF if Kane leaves?

I agree it will not be easy and the chance of fucking it up, especially with Levy/Hitchens/Jose in charge is pretty big.

I don't have a specific person in mind to replace Kane. I think Ings is the easiest/safest name to throw out but really he is older than I would like and would be a short term solution, Maybe Ings with a guy like Daka brought in as well to hopefully take over but that is risky.

I have to think looking around Europe that many other teams seem able to function without Kane as their striker so I can't imagine that we won't be able to as well. It is unlikely we are getting one player, striker or at another position, that comes in and replaces the level Kane is at one for one so the best thing to do would be to replace Kane by increasing the talent level on the squad overall and create a team, through the players, manager, tactics, set-up, that is not so reliant on having a World Class talent up front.

But the main point remains, we have had success pre-Kane and teams around us are able to have success without having Kane or a Kane level player so there is no reason to think that we cannot do the same.

I agree it will not be easy and the chance of fucking it up, especially with Levy/Hitchens/Jose in charge is pretty big.

I don't have a specific person in mind to replace Kane. I think Ings is the easiest/safest name to throw out but really he is older than I would like and would be a short term solution, Maybe Ings with a guy like Daka brought in as well to hopefully take over but that is risky.

I have to think looking around Europe that many other teams seem able to function without Kane as their striker so I can't imagine that we won't be able to as well. It is unlikely we are getting one player, striker or at another position, that comes in and replaces the level Kane is at one for one so the best thing to do would be to replace Kane by increasing the talent level on the squad overall and create a team, through the players, manager, tactics, set-up, that is not so reliant on having a World Class talent up front.

But the main point remains, we have had success pre-Kane and teams around us are able to have success without having Kane or a Kane level player so there is no reason to think that we cannot do the same.
Yeah, fair points. Not sure if you saw, but I tagged you in a post a few days with a possible plan of spending the Kane transfer fee, with investments all across the squad.
CF in particular is just a tough one. Ings is old and injury prone so not suitable imo.

Yeah, fair points. Not sure if you saw, but I tagged you in a post a few days with a possible plan of spending the Kane transfer fee, with investments all across the squad.
CF in particular is just a tough one. Ings is old and injury prone so not suitable imo.

Yes I saw it but I have watched a lot less non-Spurs football this year so my viewings of football in general have been less so I am not sure of the best way to spend the money. I try to watch what I can of the guys Spurs are linked to but compared to last year and the years before I am not nearly as up on what is out there.

Back
Top Bottom