Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very weird feelings going into this match, I of course really want Tottenham to win to finally end this hoodoo of not winning a trophy but at the same time I've been so underwhelmed by us and Mourinho this season I'm not even sure we fully deserve it compared to previous seasons.

None the less I will be cheering the team on from the start in the hope that the footballing gods are looking down on us.

The game was tough enough before City's game last night, let alone them losing. They won't wanna lose 2 cup games in the space of a week.

Finally, let's all pray that Harry Kane is fit for the game.

Thankfully I think we're at a point now where a win wouldn't keep Mourinho in a job, it would just allow us to politely say goodbye and thank him for ending the trophy drought. He could say he accomplished his mission and we can all move on.

Thankfully I think we're at a point now where a win wouldn't keep Mourinho in a job, it would just allow us to politely say goodbye and thank him for ending the trophy drought. He could say he accomplished his mission and we can all move on.

Totally agree and I think that’s where I’m at. Win the league cup, which I’m 99.9% we won’t, but say the impossible happens and we do, Mourinho can at least fuck off with his head held high. Want him out the club even if we do win it. He has to go this summer.

As much as I want us to win this game, i think it would be a slap in the face to the Poch era. This is the worst looking Spurs team in years so it would be typical of this was the year we bloody won something.

Obviously KDB potentially being out would be a bonus but we lost poorly to them in Feb without him in the team. I just don’t know how we can win this. I think it will take Man City playing poorly and the likes of Kane/Son/Ndombele playing a worldly with some individual moments of greatness. He really should throw in Bale into the starting 11. This match won’t phase him in the slightest and we could use someone with a winning attitude along with Lloris

Remember the ‘Abominable Dr Phibes’?

Very funny 😆
Yeah! I'm a big horror fan Baz. Old and new. That and the sequel Dr Phibes rises again were good 'uns. Similar to his Theatre of Blood also. His best 2 were probably Masque of the Red Death and Witchfinder General. I also love House on Haunted Hill. Camp but spooky!

Remember 2019, when Kane was brought back for the CL final, after yet another ankle injury? History is just about to repeat itself in the League Cup final, hopefully with a different outcome.

I can see us losing after extra time, possibly penalties.

Right, that's more than enough reality for one day. We are actually going to annihilate them, humiliate them, destroy the poor little suckers. Can't see us losing this one.

Winning this does not keep Jose in a job or make one jot of difference to Levy's thinking, of that I'm sure. He's either getting sacked after the final or in the summer, or Levy will stick to his guns and give him another transfer window.

Want us to win this badly to get that fucking trophy monkey off our back.

Remember 2019, when Kane was brought back for the CL final, after yet another ankle injury? History is just about to repeat itself in the League Cup final, hopefully with a different outcome.

I can see us losing after extra time, possibly penalties.

Right, that's more than enough reality for one day. We are actually going to annihilate them, humiliate them, destroy the poor little suckers. Can't see us losing this one.
Yeah but under Jose we are totally dependent on Kane. Plus I don't think we can rely on Son at the moment who, much like his manager, looks a tad depressed match day.
Still though, despite all the jokes there is a chance for us if Pep wants to overthink it.

It’s not hoping we will lose, it’s a dead cert we will lose. There isn’t a hope in hell Spurs are beating City in a final, not a chance
I thought that when Sunderland played the then invincible Leeds Utd in that cup final
Didn’t quite work out like that thankfully 😅

I have been saying why is it our defenders fuck up and give stupid goals away but the opposition defenders do not. Well that changed Friday and the Everton defenders gifted us both goals and we still could not win. I just cannot see a scenario where we come out on top in this match.

Would it be too much to ask that we play the whole game without making a mistake that gifts a goal or is that plain daft?

And like some others I think this is absolutely a game to start Bale but it's Mourinho so it will be on 89 minutes and with us needing 2 goals.

After losing yesterday City will not feel as invincible and wheels can quickly fall off, whoever you are.

It is for us to reduce from a possible maximum to a double top at best.

Back
Top Bottom