European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
I want him to feel more pain. I want some legit blowback that threatens his position, not a quick backtrack and groveling apology that marks him out as a soft touch.
I don't see it happening.

Out of the ESL clubs, we are in likely one of the worst positions outside than in.

I want him to feel more pain. I want some legit blowback that threatens his position, not a quick backtrack and groveling apology that marks him out as a soft touch.
Nah he's fucked. Even if they backtrack, as it seems to be the case with Citeh and the Chavs, they still won't get away with this easily. They (the 12 owners) made their own bed, now they can lie on it.

Nah he's fucked. Even if they backtrack, as it seems to be the case with Citeh and the Chavs, they still won't get away with this easily. They (the 12 owners) made their own bed, now they can lie on it.

How will they “not get away with this easily”?

The conditions that got the billions to begin with still exist, they still own the most powerful and richest clubs in the world and they have shown how easily they can threaten to leave on their own and how badly the lesser teams need them.

not sure how we can blame the Americans. We know their corporations are run by crooks who would sell granny for a few dollars.

For the last few decades we have had ‘’global Britain’’. Global Britain is short for we will sell anything to you Americans, Chinese, Arabs and Russians for the right price including access to our arsehole so you can molest us.

We didn’t stop any takeover by dodgy owners, some of whom financially doped and thus fucked the league. All of this accepted.

We allowed the Prem to replace the first division, for the dodgy owners to come in, for Sky to take over. Why are we surprised crooks behave like crooks. We could have stopped it and we didn’t.

So now we are left with a choice between different crooks. The crooks of UEFA and FIFA and the crooks of whatever you call this. Football is fucked!
👏

I don't see it happening.

Out of the ESL clubs, we are in likely one of the worst positions outside than in.
I'm not nearly as convinced as others that all of the money is going to inevitably flow toward this new competition.

I fully believe that we'd be in an absolutely fine position outside of this new competition.

How will they “not get away with this easily”?

The conditions that got the billions to begin with still exist, they still own the most powerful and richest clubs in the world and they have shown how easily they can threaten to leave on their own and how badly the lesser teams need them.
People won't buy tickets. Presidents of Spanish clubs won't get re-elected. You think it's hard for italian ultras and the english to tear their stadiums apart as a sign of protest? You underestimate the power of the fans.

No chance Levy will pull out.

Fans are important, backlash is big, but let's be real, the money is way too big for him to pull put.
Maybe so but if there’s a backlash and the fans STICK to their guns boycott the games, tv subscriptions and starve the club of revenue which I’ll be honest I’m not in favour of in normal circumstances I don’t like harming the club but needs must they need to take heed.....

The Americans on here have got to understand you're on a foreign website and as such you may hear some criticism of your country and fellow countrymen and women.

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

The clubs are doing what's best for them. If the PL 6 extract concessions from UEFA in return for dropping out of the ESL then the entire PL will have benefited. If, for example, they agree to awarding 6 CL places to the PL, I think most other PL clubs would soon change their tune about the actions of the Top 6.

Back
Top Bottom