European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
You think fan power and public outcry caused this?

Chelsea and City were reportedly not keen on this beforehand.

But if it makes people feel good to think it was fan power then I guess there is no harm in that and some positive feelings for fans after the last couple of days is a good thing.

100% fan power and the Public outcry caused this. I don’t thing they truly had an incline it would cause this much devastation. Fan power wins

I believe it's this bit

Clubs have the opportunity to propose new rules or amendments at the Shareholder meeting. Each Member Club is entitled to one vote and all rule changes and major commercial contracts require the support of at least a two-thirds vote, or 14 clubs, to be agreed.
Expelling power of clubs
B.7. Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 27, the League may expel a Club from membership upon a special Resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of not less than three-quarters of such members as (being entitled to do so) vote by their representatives or by proxy at a General Meeting of which notice specifying the intention to propose the Resolution has been duly given.

Okay, so L9 requires the following:

Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member

Looking to the powers of the board and what happens with a breach:

The Board shall have power to deal with any suspected or alleged breach of these Rules by either: W.3.1. issuing a reprimand;
W.3.2. imposing a fixed penalty or other sanction where such provision is made in these Rules;
W.3.3. exercising its summary jurisdiction;
W.3.4. referring the matter to a Commission appointed under Rule W.16;
W.3.5. referring the matter to The Football Association for determination under The Football Association Rules; or
W.3.6. concluding an agreement in writing with that Person in which it accepts a sanction (which may include

I cba looking through all board powers but in terms of the powers of the Commission, the Commission may:

W.49.4 In the case of a Respondent which is a Club:
W.49.4.1. suspend it from playing in League Matches or any matches in competitions which form part of the Games Programmes or Professional Development Leagues (as those terms are defined in the Youth Development Rules) for such period as it thinks fit;
W.49.4.2. deduct points scored or to be scored in League Matches or such other matches as are referred to in Rule W.49.4.1;
W.49.4.3. recommend that the Board orders that a League Match or such other match as is referred to in Rule W.49.4.1 be replayed;
W.49.4.4. recommend that the League expels the Respondent from membership in accordance with the provisions of Rule B.7;
W49.9 make such other order as it thinks fit

Obviously, W.49.4.4 wouldn't do it because B.7 requires a special resolution. However, I think it probably is possible to expel through the Board powers including the powers of a Commission (but that is just a cursory view - For example, can a Commission make any order even if a special resolution is required elsewhere? Is W49.9 applicable to clubs or Persons only?). It is also not clear if the rule L9 has been breached. (I would have thought it has because "enter" to me seems clear).

As football has now seemingly been saved and given back to the fans, can we all expect a 50% discount in ticket prices. Only fair, as it appears the moral balance has been restored.

I'll always remember the great content from the past two days.
All we really learned is you guys are still really fucking bitter about that whole revolution thing.

DistinctLeafyBluebottlejellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom