SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manager or not, performance was very disappointing, again.

The next manager, whoever he is, has a lot of work ahead of them and I hope they are watching every game now and coming up with their tactics.

The next manager, whoever he is, has a lot of work ahead of them and I hope they are watching every game now and coming up with their tactics.
Best performance second half for months. First come back win when losing at half time.

He has had 2 days.

Some people are always miserable bastards

Best performance second half for months. First come back win when losing at half time.

He has had 2 days.

Some people are always miserable bastards
Not sure what some people were expecting, tbh.

First half was disappointing but not a shock or disaster - you could see the idea of what Mason was trying to do.

Second half was clearly much better.

Has to get rid of deadwood first and foremost - then develop a system around our best players

Mourinho supporter?
Mason had 2 days
How many bad first halfs we had under poch and after halftime speech we dominated games
If you tell me second half was disappointing what do you except?

Not for me anymore. Can't deny his effort but he's had too many chances. You say he's in Kane's spot but there's balls bouncing off him and all sorts. Either play Vinicious or Bale up there.
I think Bale will be in his proper position: I suspect that line up will play Sunday - so it’s just a case of putting someone in for Kane. Lucas has earned it for being a busy bastard - however, he was poor today as he wasn’t given any space because of the ponderous pace we played at.

I don’t expect him to start many of Bale’s fit until the end of the season.

I think Bale will be in his proper position: I suspect that line up will play Sunday - so it’s just a case of putting someone in for Kane. Lucas has earned it for being a busy bastard - however, he was poor today as he wasn’t given any space because of the ponderous pace we played at.

I don’t expect him to start many of Bale’s fit until the end of the season.

Yeah, you either replace Lucas with Kane or you move Lucas into the spot GLC played and put Kane in.

Either way, probably our best chance.

Yeah, you either replace Lucas with Kane or you move Lucas into the spot GLC played and put Kane in.

Either way, probably our best chance.
Good shout on GLC - he was a bit hot and cold all game (like Reggie, tbh - I can see why Davies was preferred over him because he didn’t fall down every gust of wind...but doesn’t get forward anywhere near as much...)

Ryan is now learning how to get the best out of this group of players, already through the game into the second half he started to figure it out.
Sunday comes a little early in this process but we can hope, certainly a little more now after that second half.

Back
Top Bottom