Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why winks gets slaughtered. Tottenham through and through. Been at the club since a kid. Came through academy. I just cant criticise one of our own. Loves the club. Possession player as well. Good squad player imo.

Sentimentality should play no part of a managers team selection.

Winks is a squad player, should be played to cover injuries or suspension.

I don't really care if he came from the loins of Burkenshaw, he simply isn't good enough.

I guess we all ignore the 20 minutes from half time when we actually shrunk and allowed one of the shittest teams the PL has seen outplay us.

I'm as relieved as anyone that Mourinho's gone, and I don't expect miracles from Mason, who's only been coaching for a few months, but for nearly half of that second half, we did the same shit we have have been complaining about all season under Mourinho, this totally wank Sheff Utd team had 55% of the ball and most of it in our half, the difference being this time we got the second goal, on the break, and that pretty much snuffed them out.

I don't agree with Alli out there instead of Ndombele, and I don't really understand why Kane was not hooked, he was awful. But apart from those grumbles, the team selection was OK, the subs OK, and the performance apart from that 20 minutes after HT was at least proactive, and once the second goal went in we didn't sit back, we pressed on and killed them.

Yeh, Sky. Unless they mentioned it when I went to get a beer. Pretty sure it didn't come up. Apart from them taking the piss when lo celso had an ice pack on his head after the final whistle.
Fuckin disgraceful.
What I watched Sherwood and David James both said it was a definitely a Red , makes you wonder what they look @ in the VAR as they said Fleck even looked down at Gio before he landed then looked for the Ref.

Sentimentality should play no part of a managers team selection.

Winks is a squad player, should be played to cover injuries or suspension.

I don't really care if he came from the loins of Burkenshaw, he simply isn't good enough.
Personally i like watching possession play and players who like to keep the ball. Hes a good squad player imo and is someone you can put on to take heat out of game and cool things down. Players i dont think are good enough are davies, aurier, sissoko, sanchez and probably dier. Not sure on rodon.

Personally i like watching possession play and players who like to keep the ball. Hes a good squad player imo and is someone you can put on to take heat out of game and cool things down. Players i dont think are good enough are davies, aurier, sissoko, sanchez and probably dier. Not sure on rodon.

How does the bolded sentence have anything to do with Winks, he does neither of those things.

Bale scored a hat trick BUT Dele who got no goals or assists and gave the ball away more times than he gave it to a teammate gets MOTM . Shut up LMAO
Dele was good and popped up all over the place, making us unpredictable. Clearly not MOM but did well, and helped change our style of play

How the fuck that cunt never saw red I'll never know. And then he had the cheek to call for a high boot later in the game silly cunt. Var is an absolute joke. Hopefully we play like that for the rest of the season though.

Good performance but it was against a team that is historically bad and has nothing to play for. I won't let that fact ruin this win for me though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wanted Ndombele on instead of Lo Celso or Winks. Kane and Hojbjerg were very average so not sure why they both played 90. Other than that, no complaints.

Trouble is you'd get odds of tens of thousands to one for that acca, for the simple reason that things never, ever turn out how you think
Final day;

Leicester win. West Ham can’t get top four.

Tottenham win. West Ham can’t get top four.

Leicester 2-Tottenham 2

Moyes Manager of the Year :mourbringit:

Also Fleck looked so guilty after doing it, he knew he went too far but VAR Peter Banks refused to protect a player from a head injury.

hes planted his foot down with force! if he didnt mean to stamp on his head he would of fallen over side ways not stamp down on his head! dirty fucking cunt that should be looked at

Toby is still absolute class.Dele offers so much more than Moura,Lamela,Bergwiyn and Ndombele.Sonny looks happier with 4 attackers.Bale was magnificent.Only disappointment another nothing Lo Celso performance.This was close to the team that should have played all season.Not completely reliant on Harry.I hate Mourinho.
What has happened to Joe Roden by the way?
What did dele offer? Lo celso was much better without been brilliant.
Was one of the pointer sisters tonight. Pointing instead of looking

Back
Top Bottom