Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite like the little bit I've seen of Salisu tonight (was it reachingforthestars reachingforthestars who liked this kid?) tonight, he looks a lot more comfortable on the ball and mobile than Vestergaard, hard to understand why Hasenhuttl hasn't given him more of a go at CB. Also hard to understand why Armstrong is being used in midfield instead of Diallo, or rather why he persists with CM2's when he doesn't have CM2 midfielders.

I like Hassenhuttl, but some of the things he does, like sticking rigidly to a 442/CM2, playing cumbersome CB's in high lines, high risk football, and other player selections, don't always seem conducive to the football he wants to play.

Yeah, I was a massive fan of his when he played at Valladolid. He looks a little slow on the turn atm, could just be because he hasn’t climatized to the EPL yet. Probably didn’t help him that he arrived injured and spent half the season out. I agree, I’d like to see him get some regular starts as CB and not as deputising LB

Yeah, I was a massive fan of his when he played at Valladolid. He looks a little slow on the turn atm, could just be because he hasn’t climatized to the EPL yet. Probably didn’t help him that he arrived injured and spent half the season out. I agree, I’d like to see him get some regular starts as CB and not as deputising LB

From the little I saw, he's a whirling dervish on the turn compared to Vestergaard and Bednarek.

Benteke now has 8 goals in the league this season. His best haul since the 16-17 season when he scored 15.

His contract is expiring and if they don't renew there is bound to be other PL clubs interested in having him as a backup option.

Watford would be perfect for him.
I may sound insane here but as a backup I think he would be decent for us as well (depending on the coach).

Like Llorente I think he would be a decent plan B to throw in when needed. A tall, strong forward that can just cause a ruckus.

But he would probably get more playing time at Watford or a similar club. But I could see how staying in London would appeal to him. He may end up extending his Palace deal still.

I may sound insane here but as a backup I think he would be decent for us as well (depending on the coach).

Like Llorente I think he would be a decent plan B to throw in when needed. A tall, strong forward that can just cause a ruckus.

But he would probably get more playing time at Watford or a similar club. But I could see how staying in London would appeal to him. He may end up extending his Palace deal still.
Worth a thought, but I look at him and think he hasn't got the mental strength to handle the pressure of a big club. Also, he'd be brought on in pressure situations -10 mins to go and we need that goal.

Llorente had been a big time player. He pretty much got us to the CL final. 10 mins to go at home and we're 0-1 down to PSV, and we're about to go out of the whole competition. FL comes on and we scramble a 2-1 that kept us alive. The rest could have been history.

Goals and assists in the crucial away ties at Citeh and Ajaz too.

Having said that I've hardly seen him at all this season. He scored a decent header at WHL, but that was against us.

Worth a thought, but I look at him and think he hasn't got the mental strength to handle the pressure of a big club. Also, he'd be brought on in pressure situations -10 mins to go and we need that goal.

Llorente had been a big time player. He pretty much got us to the CL final. 10 mins to go at home and we're 0-1 down to PSV, and we're about to go out of the whole competition. FL comes on and we scramble a 2-1 that kept us alive. The rest could have been history.

Goals and assists in the crucial away ties at Citeh and Ajaz too.

Having said that I've hardly seen him at all this season. He scored a decent header at WHL, but that was against us.
Fair points. There's always seemed to be question marks regarding his mentality which is worth taking into account.

Fair points. There's always seemed to be question marks regarding his mentality which is worth taking into account.
There was that crazy match where CPFC were I think 2-2 and (typically) needed a win urgently to escape relegation zone.

Hallelujah!! They get a last minute pen!!

Milo never misses, but oh no, Benteke grabs the ball. A goal here will set his season alight, y'know.

Of course he misses it. Badly, too.

Hard to keep the fans onside after that ricket, and he was poor for a long time afterwards I think. I spoke to a ST there aftewards who had been incandescent.

football doesn’t work like that my friend. On the day, it depends on what teams turn up and Chelsea consistently turn up in big games like that. City for all their recent glory, don’t have anywhere near the level of consistency that Chelsea have had down the years. I hate Chelsea with a passion, but they are right in that final no doubt about it

In the last 10yrs they've lost:

Community Shield Final vs Utd
Community Sheild Final vs City
Quarter Final Champions Legaue vs Man U
UEFA Super Cup Final vs Atletico Madrid
ELF Cup Semi-Final vs Swansea
FA Cup Semi-Final vs City
World Club Cup Final vs Corinthians
Champions League Semi-Final vs Atletico Madrid (The last time they got past R16 until this year for 7rs)
UEFA Super Cup Final vs Bayern Munich
Community Shield Final vs Woolwich
FA Cup Final vs Woolwich
FA Cup Semi-Final vs Woolwich
Community Sheild Final vs Woolwich
EFL Cup Final vs City
Community Sheild Final vs City
FA Cup Final vs Woolwich
UEFA Super Cup Final vs Liverpool

That's 12 lost Finals, 4 Semi-Finals and 1 Quarter-Final

We are linked with the lad from Brentford who has pretty much said he wants out if they don’t go up - Toney. That looks like a much better plan to me. He has a bit of Ian Wright about the way he plays.

I have no doubt Ivan Toney will be in the Premier League next year, but he will expect to be, and probably deserves to be a regular starter.

Only way I see him here is as one of 2 replacements we would get in if Kane left

I have no doubt Ivan Toney will be in the Premier League next year, but he will expect to be, and probably deserves to be a regular starter.

Only way I see him here is as one of 2 replacements we would get in if Kane left
Kane and Toney could play together no problem at all. Toney is really smart with his movement and passing, they would combine perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom