Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Especially if double relegation Parker is on the list. No idea if he is mind you, just media crap probably. Joe Kinnear was more of a , OMG I don’t even want to go there
There's quite a few outlets saying Parker is set to be interviewed.
No smoke without fire and all that.
I wouldn't be surprised.

After being called out by Pochettino for lack of investment, then completely flopping with one of the most successful managers in the modern game, I'm thinking Levy might relish the thought of having a nice yes man with a fan connection at the helm for a couple of years.

Scott Parker would fit the bill perfectly

Last edited:
He is unproven at a big club and basically a project manager, the fact some of you are getting sucked in to yet another obvious project manager who has won fuck all of note is astounding.

I'm sure the world class players we need will be falling over themselves to play for Graham fucking Potter.

Signing “world class players” is not the solution to our problem. We thought we spent £60m on a world class midfielder and it turns out he’s Huddlestone level at best.

We need to do what we did in the recent past, what Leicester are doing now. Sign younger, hungry talents. Fofana, Maddison, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Castagne etc didn’t need to be world class to put Leicester in the top 4 and an FA Cup final.

People sneered when we were linked to Championship player Jack Grealish 3 years ago but they look pretty stupid now. All our recent transfer success has come from signing younger players right before they explode. Every time we have spent a large fee it has failed.

Signing “world class players” is not the solution to our problem. We thought we spent £60m on a world class midfielder and it turns out he’s Huddlestone level at best.

We need to do what we did in the recent past, what Leicester are doing now. Sign younger, hungry talents. Fofana, Maddison, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Castagne etc didn’t need to be world class to put Leicester in the top 4 and an FA Cup final.

People sneered when we were linked to Championship player Jack Grealish 3 years ago but they look pretty stupid now. All our recent transfer success has come from signing younger players right before they explode. Every time we have spent a large fee it has failed.
We have bough.t young players although not sure they are hungry, Sess and Clarke but are they any good? Remains to be seen but I am far from convinced.

Amazingly our two most successful managers had fuck all or very little experience and success before taking the Spurs job

It was Bill Nicks very first job and Burkinshaw just had previous experience as player manager at Workington and Scunthorpe and a bit of coaching in Zambia, at Newcastle and as a coach for Terry Neil here

Luckily for them social media, the internet didn't exist to denigrate their credentials before being given the the chance to take the job

Whoever it is, I don't have a lot of confidence that we will identify the right person. 🥺
Sadly working for us is not a particularly attractive proposition to anyone that could be considered the right man

There are not that many right men about

3 clubs in Spain
2 in Italy poss 3
5 in England. [Everton not the Arse , owners really supporting the manager]
1 in France
2 in Germany, some might say only 1

so 14 clubs in my opinion, probably at least 10 in everyone’s opinion, if you are the right one ,, someone from that list and probably more than one will be looking

Back
Top Bottom