Things the fans can do to get listened to

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What can fans do to encourage change?

• Total voters
Anyone else remember that big inflatable Trump baby? Let’s get a Levy version and fly it over the stadium and fill it with our faeces and urine.

He’s bound to have an ego, so when Levy steps out post game to admire it, BOOM, we detonate it, covering him in our shit and piss.

I am a good idea machine.

Hold "picnics" / firework displays periodically outside ground, training centre and Levy's House.
Spend no monies on merchandise/inside ground
Next season protest inside ground, including walkouts at specified times, and refusing to leave seats at end of game protesting for good hour after it.
For our Americans go down to Orlando and cause havoc at Lake Nona and other Tavistock sites

Last edited:
Stop buying tickets and merchandise

It is as simple as that

It will never happen to the level it needs to though and the club know it

Maybe boycotting games and merchandise, but there will always be more out there that don't care so they will step up and fill our spots.

Protests are nice because it allows people to feel like they are doing something and does draw some attention, but look at all the praise United got for delaying their game and their "massive" protest and the Glazers aren't close to selling.

The problem is that the profits are so big and the owners so rich that it is hard for the fans to impact them. This isn't like it was in the past when owning a team was a financial liability or break even and owners were rich but not mega-rich so you could impact them with protests/anger/boycotts etc.

As depressing as it sounds I don't think that fans can do much, I would love to be proven wrong but the level of money that the clubs are looking at I doubt unless it is a massive group 50,000+ not much is likely to change.

I can't imagine even Levy is tone deaf enough to think that fans are happy but he doesn't care. I can't imagine Joe Lewis even gives a shit what fans think let alone would take the time to listen or pay attention to them.

Liverpool fans in effect forced Gillette & Hicks ?
That should be our blueprint.

Speaking with and getting ideas from Spirit of Shankley should be a priority

Liverpool fans in effect forced Gillette & Hicks ?
That should be our blueprint

Gillette and Hicks were in a bad state money wise in Liverpool and other businesses, did not get along and didn't really love being football club owners.

Gillette is friends with one of the big time sports radio guys in Canada and about 5-10 years ago was on his radio show a couple of times talking about it. He basically said he hated Hicks and was happy to get rid of working with him.

There were a lot of outside issues that I don't think are present here that helped lead to that leaving. Also helped that FSG were right there willing to take over and were more than able to buy the club. Even if we do get ENIC to want to sell we need the buyers that are willing and able to purchase the club for what ENIC will sell for.

Maybe ENIC are in similar levels of debt that they cannot handle that Hicks was in but I haven't heard reports of that.

Boycotts do not work. For each fan that stays away a tourist will turn up. Better to make noise in the stadium, it’s embarrassing for the club if there is continuous protest. It degrades the product for both domestic and international audiences.

Keep the pressure up via meetings between fan representation and the board. Keep dialog open but make the club aware protests will continue until there is adequate resolution and a clear acceptable plan to resolve our issues.

A place for all to suggest initiatives, movements and schemes to get Spurs ownership to listen, and listen carefully.
I've said it elsewhere but there is literally only one way to make an investment company want to sell, and that's for their investment to become devalued and losing money.

Only way that happens is with an attendance and merchandise boycott. A massive one.

If 50k tourists buy home tickets to fill the gap ENIC won't give a shit just as long as the money keeps coming in. There is no incentive for them to sell as long as they are making money.

What else are we going to do? Torpedo Lewis' yacht?

I've said it elsewhere but there is literally only one way to make an investment company want to sell, and that's for their investment to become devalued and losing money.

Only way that happens is with an attendance and merchandise boycott. A massive one.

If 50k tourists buy home tickets to fill the gap ENIC won't give a shit just as long as the money keeps coming in. There is no incentive for them to sell as long as they are making money.

What else are we going to do? Torpedo Lewis' yacht?

Spraypaint THFC, ENIC Out on every green at Lake Nona and Albany,

Anyone else remember that big inflatable Trump baby? Let’s get a Levy version and fly it over the stadium and fill it with our faeces and urine.

He’s bound to have an ego, so when Levy steps out post game to admire it, BOOM, we detonate it, covering him in our shit and piss.

I am a good idea machine.

That’s cheered me up 😂

Every home game, when the game kicks off, everybody take their trousers off and wave them in the air, singing:

I've got my trousers off
I've got my trousers off
got my trousers
got my trousers
got my trousers off

...and tell the media it's a protest.

They'll soon get the message - and it will be August, so we won't get our legs cold.

Trousers on at 1/2 time, then repeat for the second half.

Please add this to the list Kane you believe it

Last edited:
If season ticket stopped for next season do you get your deposit back from last season?
I emailed the ticket office today. Response below:

email.

6a10f0db13e62163ff3cb1f4c97a02c5
Ayce Gok (Tottenham Hotspur Football Club)
May 20, 2021, 15:54 GMT+1

Thank you for your email.

If you do not renew then we will be able to provide you with a refund for the 20% payment you made last season in addition to any credit held in your account.

This is something we will be able to process once the current renewal deadline has passed, and we will make contact with you at that time. Should you have any further queries in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

It is Tavistock (Lewis) really rather than ENIC we need to target.
If Lewis gets fed up with it and wants out, Levy is out.

Protest in ground against Levy, so any new owners would not want him to carry on, but target Tavistock and their assets which are much more tangible.

www.tavistock.com/portfolio/

Back
Top Bottom