Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
What do you guys reckon it would take to get Diego Simmeone?

Hes been at AM for a very long time now and if he wins the league this year you do wonder what left does he have to achieve there? I have no idea what he's like or his thoughts on where he wants to go but none of the teams around us are looking for a manager right now, could he be tempted to take on the challenge of getting us competing again?

I think the shambles of Mourinho and Levy has made us less attractive on the whole but not as bad as some of the fans on here have us believe. We are still a huge club, and what pressure really is there in a new manager next season? We need to get back to Top 6 but pushing for Top 4, if we miss out next season that's fine people can't expect us to be better than the current Top 4 next season, we are rebuilding.

The thought if Rodgers excites me. The thought of Gallardo excites me.
The thought of Simmeone makes me want to walk down WHL singing Argentinian love songs
Simeone has been chasing a UCL trophy. He has won everything else.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

So my guess. Terzic.

Hopefully with Ragnick as DoF and Levy managing the rest. If that happens I think Levy is entitled to a cheese room. He can be the boss of that too.

He wouldn't be near top of my list for manager, but people are talking complete nonsense about Nuno. Consecutive 7th place finishes with a newly promoted PL side and a run to the Europa quarter finals. Rein it in.

A lot of the reason that they finished 7th was that Mendes brought in his clients that would have never gone to a similar team for so little.

Now that Mendes has maxed out the guys he can bring we can see that Wolves have no way to compete at anything other than bottom half of the table.

Nuno is such much like Jose in that he has no idea about the attacking game and relies on individual brilliance from players like Jimenez, Neves and Jota. When they went out the team struggled. You could see it even when they were doing "well" they were out played badly until the 80th minute when one of them would go on a run and a score on a rocket from outside the box to save them.

Nuno should be an easy no.

He's a blue wanker but he gets it. This talk of flogging Harry to them rots my brain. Levy would be a rancid cunt smurf of the first order if he did that.
I respect players and Managers that state they never could play/Manage their rivals. Poch said it about Woolwich And Barca. Would like to hear Kane say it re Woolwich & Chelsea. I know nobody considers Woolwich a likely destination but he could still say it.

Y'know, when you think about it, obviously the first question any potential manager will ask is whether they will have Harry Kane.

A bad answer to that question is "he's off"

A worse answer to that question is "he's not for sale at any price, we don't care how much he acts out, but we may have to make a move next summer"

But the worst answer of all is "we don't know what's going to happen, it depends"

Money and the chance to work at a big club always appeal of course, but this is a really shitty job at the moment even considering those factors.

A lot of the reason that they finished 7th was that Mendes brought in his clients that would have never gone to a similar team for so little.

Now that Mendes has maxed out the guys he can bring we can see that Wolves have no way to compete at anything other than bottom half of the table.

Nuno is such much like Jose in that he has no idea about the attacking game and relies on individual brilliance from players like Jimenez, Neves and Jota. When they went out the team struggled. You could see it even when they were doing "well" they were out played badly until the 80th minute when one of them would go on a run and a score on a rocket from outside the box to save them.

Nuno should be an easy no.

And yet they're still 4 points above everyone's favourite wet blanket Potter.

And yet they're still 4 points above everyone's favourite wet blanket Potter.

Because they still have a very good team and still benefitting from the players Mendes brought in.

Switch teams and Potter has Wolves much higher and Brighton is getting relegated under Nuno.

Y'know, when you think about it, obviously the first question any potential manager will ask is whether they will have Harry Kane.

A bad answer to that question is "he's off"

A worse answer to that question is "he's not for sale at any price, we don't care how much he acts out, but we may have to make a move next summer"

But the worst answer of all is "we don't know what's going to happen, it depends"

Money and the chance to work at a big club always appeal of course, but this is a really shitty job at the moment even considering those factors.

That is the worst answer? Isn't that the only answer?

How can a manager coming in from the outside say that they know what is happening with Kane?

Shouldn't the answer be that they would have to get more information on the situation and go from there?

Back
Top Bottom