Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
hopefully new manager has a trusted no2 who he can send with the 2nd 11 to play away games and the manager can work with the first 11 all week of the E Con League

Using our current team play a line-up like:

Whiteman
Lavanier-Tanganga-Rodon-Cirkin
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Devine-Lamela
Scarlett
Probably more senior guys than we need but if we played that line-up in the Cup this year it wouldn't have impacted the PL one bit and that is a line-up that UEFA can't cry about and has plenty of places to add even more youth.

I don't get the complaints at worst it allows us to get experience for our youth and best it lets us get a trophy even if it is at a low level. It isn't like the Carabao Cup is some prestigious trophy and many would love that.

Using our current team play a line-up like:

Whiteman
Lavanier-Tanganga-Rodon-Cirkin
Sissoko-Winks
Bergwijn-Devine-Lamela
Scarlett
Probably more senior guys than we need but if we played that line-up in the Cup this year it wouldn't have impacted the PL one bit and that is a line-up that UEFA can't cry about and has plenty of places to add even more youth.

I don't get the complaints at worst it allows us to get experience for our youth and best it lets us get a trophy even if it is at a low level. It isn't like the Carabao Cup is some prestigious trophy and many would love that.
Agree with some of that. Sissoko shouldn't be in there at all. Devine and Scarlett should rotate in and out.

Whiteman
Doherty Tanganga Rodon Cirkin
Winks
Bergwijn Alli Lucas Sessegnon
Scarlett

Right then. What actually is this thing? Same as EL just with even shitter sides in it? I honestly have not got a clue about it.

Yes kind of a shittier version of EL, but still some decent teams from other European leagues. I think that Roma, Borussia Monchengladbach (sp?), Marseilles are in it. Not amazing teams but not all Bulgarian 4th division clubs either.

hopefully new manager has a trusted no2 who he can send with the 2nd 11 to play away games and the manager can work with the first 11 all week of the E Con League
Yep. Need about 14 left at home to be fair, but u could still field a side to compete in the early stages. Would be a great opportunity for the kids too and that should form part of our long term strategic planning

Yes kind of a shittier version of EL, but still some decent teams from other European leagues. I think that Roma, Borussia Monchengladbach (sp?), Marseilles are in it. Not amazing teams but not all Bulgarian 4th division clubs either.
Hmm looks like Roma and BM are our biggest threats.
I really think we should win this trophy. Break our trophy duck. In group stage play our youngsters such as Scarlett, Devine, Cirkin.
Then in final stages, depending on form, perhaps play some of the PL bench players such as Bergwijn, Lucas etc.
I want Sessegnon used throughout.

Yep. Need about 14 left at home to be fair, but u could still field a side to compete in the early stages. Would be a great opportunity for the kids too and that should form part of our long term strategic planning
not sure you could keep 14 at home, remember the games in EL with 2nd 11, we needed to bring on Kane to try to get us out of the brown stuff

Hmm looks like Roma and BM are our biggest threats.
I really think we should win this trophy. Break our trophy duck. In group stage play our youngsters such as Scarlett, Devine, Cirkin.
Then in final stages, depending on form, perhaps play some of the PL bench players such as Bergwijn, Lucas etc.
I want Sessegnon used throughout.

I may be wrong on the teams, I am going on off what someone else said but there are teams from Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga that will be decent, although should be weaker than us.

Edit:

And it seems it was wrong already as I think Union Berllin beat out BM for the spot, so good news for us!

It´s actually Union Berlin - not BM.

And it´s between Lens and Rennes - not OM.

Also, if Villarreal beat United, Spain will have no teams in the new tournament.

Back
Top Bottom