Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do so many fans believe a DoF is so important?

Baldini. Failed.
Arnessen. Left PDQ.
Did Ramos have a DoF?

Everyone will wank themselves silly if we have a DoF but as long as Levy is there it'll be business as usual
Because people are trying to be constructive and discuss how the club can move forward?

If everything ends up being "But Levy is here and we will still fail" we should just close the club and go about finding different hobbies.

Constructive discussions on the way forward must be allowed to be had instead of just scoffed at.

Baldini. Failed.
Arnessen. Left PDQ.
Did Ramos have a DoF?

Everyone will wank themselves silly if we have a DoF but as long as Levy is there it'll be business as usual
Ramos had Commoli. No guarantees with anything but if you want a total rebuild or we sell Kane then i'd rather someone that knows how to build a squad like Campos or Rangnick than Steve Hitchen. I agree they'll always be limitations with Levy but we need someone that can find players and spot bargains.

Ten Hag looks a good option, I really thought the ceremony around his contract extension put to bed our chance of bringing him in, but I think he'd suit lots of our players. (Sess, Ndom, Gio, Berg, Skipp etc.). Seems a detailed coach, has adjusted his team a few times throughout different seasons, and very popular with his players.

Rangnick is a wildcard. Obviously I've not watched his teams closely over the years , but I get a feeling it could either go really well on the field with high energy exciting football, or we'll get that and also concede a silly amount of goals. All the same, I like his energy, personality, and it can't be a bad thing to have a guy with his brain around your club.

Still would be fairly happy with Potter, I think he's a good coach and will do well with better players. Ideally he'd have a top 10 finish under his belt, and the reality of their league placement does give me pause, but I've watched probably 15-20 of their games this year and rate him. Still, maybe a year or two too soon.

To be honest, I'm content with most of the realistic options now, with the sidenote that I'll be truly miserable if somehow they decide on Roberto Martinez.

Baldini. Failed.
Arnessen. Left PDQ.
Did Ramos have a DoF?

Comolli was pretty decent at least on the recruitment part such as Modric and Berbatov. But the point is clubs like Liverpool and City and many other top clubs such as Dortmund have them.

They oversea the entire football operation. They set the vision for how they want to club to progress such as style of play, appoint the managers, link up the scouting. In theory a good Director of football integrates the whole operation.

For us the clusterfuck of recruitment not just of players but of managers means a lot of fans don’t trust the current set up and therefore look towards other sets up that appear to work.

This Tifo video is better than me at explaining it.

Ten Hag looks a good option, I really thought the ceremony around his contract extension put to bed our chance of bringing him in, but I think he'd suit lots of our players. (Sess, Ndom, Gio, Berg, Skipp etc.). Seems a detailed coach, has adjusted his team a few times throughout different seasons, and very popular with his players.

Rangnick is a wildcard. Obviously I've not watched his teams closely over the years , but I get a feeling it could either go really well on the field with high energy exciting football, or we'll get that and also concede a silly amount of goals. All the same, I like his energy, personality, and it can't be a bad thing to have a guy with his brain around your club.

Still would be fairly happy with Potter, I think he's a good coach and will do well with better players. Ideally he'd have a top 10 finish under his belt, and the reality of their league placement does give me pause, but I've watched probably 15-20 of their games this year and rate him. Still, maybe a year or two too soon.

To be honest, I'm content with most of the realistic options now, with the sidenote that I'll be truly miserable if somehow they decide on Roberto Martinez.

Rangnick would be more suitable as our DoF. He hasn’t done management for a while but is considered a sort of godfather to Klopp, Tunchel, Nagelsmann and that modern German of playing and running a club. A sort of what Bielsa is to Pochettino.

As a manager it could be an act of genius or disaster but as a DoF of Levy let’s him get on with it probably a success.

Rangnick as DoF with either Ten Hag or Potter as coach would be very acceptable to me.

Only a big name like Conte or Zidane would be making those kind of demands, possibly Rodgers because he would be leaving a pretty good gig at Leicester so would need big promises from Levy
I wouldn't want the gig without Kane on a new deal, Winks, Dier, Davies, Lamela etc all gone, even of on a free and £100m of playing around cash.
And I'm not a big name.

I can't be the only one who is close....
If you don't feel that taking part in constructive discussions on how the club can move forward. Then don't take part.

Just sitting here and going "who cares, Levy will just ruin it" does nothing for the discussion.

Take a break from it and do something else if it doesn't stimulate you any more.

If you don't feel that taking part in constructive discussions on how the club can move forward. Then don't take part.

Just sitting here and going "who cares, Levy will just ruin it" does nothing for the discussion.

Take a break from it and do something else if it doesn't stimulate you any more.
I meant I can't be the only one thinking as long as Levy is there this club will not achieve and may as well do something else with my time.
Starting 22/23 because annoyingly, I've already renewed.

I meant I can't be the only one thinking as long as Levy is there this club will not achieve and may as well do something else with my time.
Starting 22/23 because annoyingly, I've already renewed.
We were in a CL final 2 years ago. League Cup final a few months back. Ran the PL close a few times in recent years. Levy is a dose, but with a good coaching appointment, a clear out and a few new players things might look a lot better.

We were in a CL final 2 years ago. League Cup final a few months back. Ran the PL close a few times in recent years. Levy is a dose, but with a good coaching appointment, a clear out and a few new players things might look a lot better.
Yeah its not like we are a league 2 club under financial administration. We are a top top tier club. Surely on the top 15/20 in the world. 99% of football players would want to play for us and same for managers

Back
Top Bottom