Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Poch, but please no. The reason why he was sacked is because the football was terrible in 2019, and the reason why we got to the Final was because of sheer passion and determination. It's way too soon for him to come back. Players he's fallen out of favour with (Dier, Winks, Dele, Ndombele etc.) are still here, so it makes no sense to him as well to come back, until our mess of a squad gets fixed (by that I mean selling all the deadwood).

I do agree, but at the same time those guys you mention should all be gone this summer whether Poch is coming back or not, along with some potential others that may have had an issue with him.

If Poch is coming back you have to think a massive clear out would occur or there would be no point for him or the club.

The only job Rangnick is interested in is to take over the complete football operations of a club. The idea at Milan was that he'd manage it for a bit and then hire someone else to carry forward his ideas as he focused on the DoF part.

Being a manager per se isn't really what interests him, and that's not surprising, because he hasn't really been terribly good at it.

After getting sacked by Schalke in 2005 he took over the very well funded Hoffenheim project in the third division, got two straight promotions and finish 7th in their first Bundesliga season, then they sorta stalled out and he quit that job, went back to Schalke for five minutes and quit, and then got the Red Bull executive job.

He ain't a head coach. If we were talking to him it was about a different job.
Yeah I know that’s what he did at Leipzig and with the Red Bull group of clubs in general.

I have an extremely hard time envisioning Daniel Levy turning over decisionmaking on the football side at the level Rangnick would want.

As much as I want Rangnick to come in because of both his past experience as a DOF and the sign it would say about changes at our club I do not see it as being a likely hire at this point.

He really would have been perfect, and available, hire when Jose was out. He would have been able to manage the club to the end of the season and it would have allowed him to get a head start on the summer getting to see the players up close.

My concern with him still being linked and potentially hired now is that a. Levy is making a knee jerk reaction which makes me doubt his commitment to making actual changes or b. he is reluctantly coming back to him because his original plan didn't work which again makes me wonder about his commitment to proper changes.
I don’t think Rangnick is so desperate to take over an interim managerial role. Based on his previous situations, I’d imagine he’d want a significant number of assurances from Levy on the set up and his responsibilities.

I think he knows what the club wants him to know.

I don't think he is a shill for them spreading information that is false but it seems clear he has someone at the club that feeds him some information, likely stuff they want released to the public.
And the club wouldn't have him spread bad information, because then that would ruin his credibility as a mouthpiece.

It's a symbiotic relationship.

I don’t think Rangnick is so desperate to take over an interim managerial role. Based on his previous situations, I’d imagine he’d want a significant number of assurances from Levy on the set up and his responsibilities.

No I meant we hire him as DOF on a 5 year deal (or whatever length) and he is caretaker manager for the rest of the season and then he can hire who he wants in the summer.

I agree he would have no interest in a 6 game caretaker position.

Yeah I know that’s what he did at Leipzig and with the Red Bull group of clubs in general.

I have an extremely hard time envisioning Daniel Levy turning over decisionmaking on the football side at the level Rangnick would want.
Ragnicks pedegree from what i read nutured top players at leipzig. Ironic were extending youth academy. Possible imo he may arrive in some capacity but i dont think he will be coach. Saw martin jol on we are tottenham tv last week and he said hes not a coach anymore but a sporting director.

Poch coming back would be incredible. It would be like Lebron's return to Cleaveland.

I find it strange that PSG would let him go. He did fairly well in the CL and in the league (got more points per game than Tuchel ).

Only way Poch leaves PSG is if he's really unhappy in Paris / family problems and wants to move back to London.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Yeah, and I think we are back in a position where change for its own sake can be a positive thing for us.

You look back at the 2015-16 team, the first great Poch side that lost to Leicester

Lloris, Toby, Dier, Davies, Lamela, Winks, Dele, Son and Kane are all still major members of the squad (and Danny Rose is still at the club), and then Mason and Vorm are both part of the coaching staff!

We turned the page and started fresh that season, selling Paulinho, Soldado, Lennon, Holtby, Capoue, Kaboul, Stambouli and Chiriches all in the same summer.

It's time to turn the page again.
The fact we got rid of that many players in one summer gives me hope 🙏🙏🙏
We need to be cut-throat now more than ever

Fuck that. Poch was a total failure at PSG. He managed to lose the title in a league where PSG auto drive to win it year after year. Even Tuchel won titles with them. Even that poor bastard "good ebening" won titles with them. Poch is just useless as coach. He will never win anything. Loser is the right word. Nice guy tho.

I've been very much against Episode II Return of the Poch but.....

Other options are all uninspiring. All of them.
The Kane news is potentially driving this one. If there is one thing that could change his mind it's Poch and a promise he'll be well and truly backed this time.

I love Poch, but please no. The reason why he was sacked is because the football was terrible in 2019, and the reason why we got to the Final was because of sheer passion and determination. It's way too soon for him to come back. Players he's fallen out of favour with (Dier, Winks, Dele, Ndombele etc.) are still here, so it makes no sense to him as well to come back, until our mess of a squad gets fixed (by that I mean selling all the deadwood).
To be fair, the only thing that's changed since 2019 is the loss of the passion and desire.
At this stage I'd rather have that back that pretty football and bottling games.

Fuck that. Poch was a total failure at PSG. He managed to lose the title in a league where PSG auto drive to win it year after year. Even Tuchel won titles with them. Even that poor bastard "good ebening" won titles with them. Poch is just useless as coach. He will never win anything. Loser is the right word. Nice guy tho.
We're never gonna win anything, face it.
At least stabilise and aim for some more CL football.

At this stage if you're Levy you move heaven and earth to get Poch back. He may look at that he has to buy loads of players and hed rather give poch his rebuild than trust someone else with it

Seems way to early for the return of Poch but something Levy probably would do to try and win back the majority of fans after this last year.

Back
Top Bottom