Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do people want Poch back? It’s never a good idea to go back to something that used to work. It’s not like Poch left us riding high, we were poor and poor for more a few months. Taking emotional decisions is not going to end up well.

If Pochettino comes back, he truly loves the club at the level of a forum poster.

He basically said this team was shit and needed to be rebuilt two years ago and all that’s changed is we have Hojbjerg and Reguilon and Kane wants to fuck off.

What assurances could Levy possibly make that Pochettino would believe? He has to know the score with Levy and he certainly knows how much the squad needs to be changed. He’d have to be world’s most gullible man to believe anything Levy promises him regarding transfers.

Then he’s just back at Tottenham with an older, shittier, and more jaded squad than he had when he got the sack and people will just be slagging him off about being a bottler. I’d rather spend the time on my Argentine farm if I was him, dealing with Levy and our squad issues isn’t worth the trouble.

Whoever it is will feel like an anti climax if we have to wait much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy is going through a list of managers and is being turned down one by one until he arrives at one who actually yes to the job

So with a vastly inferior squad of players that's just been promoted they finished 3 points behind us.. yet he would be a 'disaster'?

He's up there in the top 3 managers in the league for me the job he's done at Leeds. I for one would LOVE to see a spurs team play with the kind of intensity and aggression that Bielsa's Leeds team have.

As for 'fun to watch', perish the thought! It's never going to happen anyway so it's a moot point but there isn't a chance that a Bielsa spurs team wouldn't have turned in a better season than the one we just had.

Did you read the post?

Yes Bielsa with Levy would be a disaster. He last 2 days at Lazio before quitting because of fighting with management above him, 13 games at Lille before leaving after fighting with management there, in Marseille he resigned after the first game in his second season after fighting with ownership.

The guy is difficult to work with when he isn't given 100% control which he won't get here. It is why his success has come with smaller clubs like Leeds and Bilbao where he can get that level of control.

As for him getting us better results this year I doubt it. We have a terrible squad to play how he likes. Bale and Ndombele would be terrible fits. Kane and Toby far from ideal fits either. That is 4 of our best 6 players right there. The subs we have would not be elevated either, maybe Lamela but I doubt it as Bielsa would pull his hair out watching his "passing" and ball control.

I think Bielsa would be a poor choice for a top 4 team, he hasn't shown any indication he can get that level of success from his teams or that his style is suited for the level of player those teams have. Leeds seems to be a perfect fit for him and I am not sure why he would leave that or that bigger teams would want him.

Why do people want Poch back? It’s never a good idea to go back to something that used to work. It’s not like Poch left us riding high, we were poor and poor for more a few months. Taking emotional decisions is not going to end up well.

Why do we want the most successful manager that played the most exciting/attractive style of football of the past 30-40-50? years?

Seems pretty obvious why many would want a manager that has shown he can have success while playing football that is enjoyable to watch.

Brining Poch back would be amazing because it would mean that we would finally get the clearout we need. He wouldn't come back without reassurances that he would have the freedom to reshape the squad and finally get rid of all that shit that has been stinking the place out for years.

Lets not forget that this man in his last and worst season at the club got us into the top 4 and to the UCL final with a Winks/Sissoko pivot.

I think the shit that we have been served since he left has been a testament that it was always the players and not Pochettino.

The Athletic now saying it's straight up between Ten Hag & Rangnick.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Let's take both, Rangnick as DOF, Ten Hag as head coach.

Back
Top Bottom