Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
new owners, then first appointment. Getting the old team back together with proper backing #writtenInTheStars
It reads like the opening of the Commitments, or The Blues Brothers!

In OTHER news.... serious question; what's Keith Burkinshaw doing these days...?
Potential D.O.F/football adviser maybe?

I know he's 85.... but still less of a dinosaur than José was!

isn't this something on reflection both need to learn from? Levy not backing him with a rebuild, and Poch not scouting players (if he actually did).

If we don't learn from our mistakes in life how do we ever move forward, Poch had enough time to reflect on the good (there was a lot) and the bad. Strikes me as the sort of individual who whilst stubborn at times wants to improve.
Well i think Levy was wrong in not believing him that we required a rebuild, I can't completely blame levy though, i also thought with the squad we had and Jose coming in we would win something, and it was just a case of Poch losing his way! I guess none of is know what went on behind the scenes with Poch and Levy, but if so much of it was Levys fault then why would Poch even want to come back here? I wouldn't want to go back to a job where my boss held me back and ruined my legacy!

Well i think Levy was wrong in not believing him that we required a rebuild, I can't completely blame levy though, i also thought with the squad we had and Jose coming in we would win something, and it was just a case of Poch losing his way! I guess none of is know what went on behind the scenes with Poch and Levy, but if so much of it was Levys fault then why would Poch even want to come back here? I wouldn't want to go back to a job where my boss held me back and ruined my legacy!
yup, unless he feels he has to set the record straight, with unfinished business.

I still believe they both regard each other very highly and genuinely feel Levy struggled with this one. They were very close and supportive of each other even in the end. Whether Levy wants to try again and Poch fancies it. It's a very long shot.

Like others has said I see the rest of the candidates and feel uninspired. I don't want us to be a Potter punt.

Thats why I'd want a DoF in place as well.

Poch had some bad signings, but also some great signings. Alderweireld, Son, Dele to name a few.

I agree it doesn't always end well, but it can also go the other way.

Poch wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd want him over the likes of Martinez, Southgate, Nuno and Benitez.
Poch back in but with a fresh new structure set in place by the likes of Rangnick as DoF is so damn enticing.

Just bringing him back but to deal with the same old shit, allowing him to make the same mistakes is idiotic however. Could only see it working if massive sea change occured upon his arrival.

Thats why I'd want a DoF in place as well.

Poch had some bad signings, but also some great signings. Alderweireld, Son, Dele to name a few.

I agree it doesn't always end well, but it can also go the other way.

Poch wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd want him over the likes of Martinez, Southgate, Nuno and Benitez.
Son, Dele? Don't recall either of them being his!

Toby, maybe... That might have been Mitchell who convinced Levy to get Poch?

Son, Dele? Don't recall either of them being his!

Toby, maybe... That might have been Mitchell who convinced Levy to get Poch?
You have to count everyone signed as ultimately he'd have the final say. I'd say Dier, Davies, Son, Toby, Alli, Trippier and Wanyama were all either decent or excellent. Some did an all right job like Llorente. The rest were pretty poor. I think he needs a talent scout to come in if he does come back.

You have to count everyone signed as ultimately he'd have the final say. I'd say Dier, Davies, Son, Toby, Alli, Trippier and Wanyama were all either decent or excellent. Some did an all right job like Llorente. The rest were pretty poor. I think he needs a talent scout to come in if he does come back.
Its a shame we never got to see what his plan was for GLC and Ndombele !

Perfect statement that. The man is spurs through and through, he doesnt seem to have any passion at PSG
Poch would be very foolish to consider coming back to Spurs. First sign of defeat with PSG and he runs away to the safer haven of Spurs? If hes not sacked he will be more respected if he stays there and works at getting them to regain the title next year.

I'm not going to hide I absolutely love the bloke. Hes our fergie. Our Wenger. I would took spurs finishing 14th at him rebuilding. I'm going to be underwhelmed now if Poch doesnt return

He did a pretty good job of it post AVB the first time round.
The difference being that the players that need clearing out now are "his".

I know that he said that it needed to be done. But it is one thing to say and another to do. Poch adores guys like Winks, Dele and Moussa. Guys that most on here would want rid off.

He may get that we need to move them on, but could he "do it to his boys"? If he comes back I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom