Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only reason I wouldn't have Poch back is the amount of dismal players we signed when he was manager. Whether it was him, Levy, Hitchen or all three together we ended up with a lot of terrible players.

Love him, his football was pleasing on the eye, but it's time for something fresh and someone with a new perspective on the type of players we should be buying

2021 is gonna be the clickbait Summer of all time isn't it?

Kane leaving = Spurs RIP
Poch coming = Kane staying...
Kane CAN'T stay, because Man City/Utd...
Rinse & repeat....

Ali G with the carrot dangle.

Poch and a DOF would be fine
Poch working under Hitchens - fuck off

I'd prefer to go down a fresher route but it's not like we've been linked with anyone better. Martinez and Potter ffs

Not sure Poch has the minerals for it or realises that he needs to get shot of a lot of his first crop of players.

Winks and Dele will be buzzing about his return.

Poch back with Kane, Son, Bale, Dele and a whole new defence.
Permission to sell/exterminate Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela, Doherty ASAP.
Hire a top, proven scout at any cost to the club.

Then we're in business and Levy may have salvaged something.

Buuut it'll be Kane out, Bale our, Potter in, Winks starting 11 and 14th next season.

Not sure how I feel about this. I remember when I broke up with an old girlfriend I felt bad for weeks and ended up getting back with her. We were sitting having dinner one night after the whole 'back together honeymoon' ended and I realised I was back to having to put up with her shit again. Realised then and there I'd made a mistake and nothing had changed. Got similar vibes here not gonna lie

I get the 'same squad that quit on him" stuff, but it's not totally accurate. Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Doherty, Rodon, Ndombele, Gio, Sessegnon, Bergwijn. All signed since Poch left, or only saw the end of his time here.

Clear out whoever he wants to get rid of and I could see plenty in the squad excited about playing for him again .. absence/heart/fonder , time/heals/wounds, etc.

I wouldn't be clamouring for it myself, I think it feels too soon and we were poor during his last year. Squad maybe isn't as athletic as he would need it to be in midfield and defence. Still, I'd be excited and could see it going well, but I'd hope there would be some change in our transfer process and in how he uses youth players. Loans over the last year and in coming years will see great benefit imo.

I get the 'same squad that quit on him" stuff, but it's not totally accurate. Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Doherty, Rodon, Ndombele, Gio, Sessegnon, Bergwijn. All signed since Poch left, or only saw the end of his time here.

Clear out whoever he wants to get rid of and I could see plenty in the squad excited about playing for him again .. absence/heart/fonder , time/heals/wounds, etc.

I wouldn't be clamouring for it myself, I think it feels too soon and we were poor during his last year. Squad maybe isn't as athletic as he would need it to be in midfield and defence. Still, I'd be excited and could see it going well, but I'd hope there would be some change in our transfer process and in how he uses youth players. Loans over the last year and in coming years will see great benefit imo.
Even though we were poor there were numerous factors like allowing the squad to get old and tired without signing players to refresh the squad.Allow a refreshed Poch to come back and if Levy backs him this painful rebuild could happen a lot quicker than expected.

Not sure how I feel about this. I remember when I broke up with an old girlfriend I felt bad for weeks and ended up getting back with her. We were sitting having dinner one night after the whole 'back together honeymoon' ended and I realised I was back to having to put up with her shit again. Realised then and there I'd made a mistake and nothing had changed. Got similar vibes here not gonna lie
I told you I'd change, and you weren't willing to give me a chance. I made you your favourite dinner and everything.

You wouldn't be in the minority mate.............

Would you take him back ahead of all the other candidates we are linked with? Also if he comes back is there anything that would concern you like the quality of the squad, scouting and recruiting of new players?

Too soon for Poch to come back - like getting back together with an ex, you need to give it time for you to forget their flaws and the reason(s) you split up with them in the first place.

I like poch, he did a tremendous job here for a lot of time but bringing him back now would be a tremendous mistake. It’s too early. Just sounds desperate. Even when the chavs fired Mourinho it took a 6 year break to bring him back. Poch should stay in Paris win a bucket of trophies and then all parties could think on that return.

Back
Top Bottom