Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the bald shithouse knows that his next big decision he has to get bang on, and he (the club) needs to back the new manager. Luckily we have a big squad and half a squad to hopefully ship out, so even without Kane going there should be money to spend.

Conte is top class but he is nuts. He is also a short term manager but far superior to Jose. If Levy gets him just to look fancy in front of fans I would rather Ten Hag anyday. You get Conte you buy the players he wants, you sell the players he wants and you let him get on with it. Otherwise it won’t work, if Levy goes down this route he better be prepared to accept Conte is the top dog at the club not him.

Conte is top class but he is nuts. He is also a short term manager but far superior to Jose. If Levy gets him just to look fancy in front of fans I would rather Ten Hag anyday. You get Conte you buy the players he wants, you sell the players he wants and you let him get on with it. Otherwise it won’t work, if Levy goes down this route he better be prepared to accept Conte is the top dog at the club not him.
The problem with that, even if he give Conte a blank cheque and control, is that its always a short term appointment and we just delay ever fixing the entire sporting side of the operation another few years. Even if we had a big juicy cash infusion, we don't have the finances to sustain that spending...so its a little success and we're fucked again.

Granted, a little success sure would be nice.

But if Conte is available levy would be stupid to not try and get him, I don’t remember his football at Chelsea being to shabby?
Levy has to think about the bigger picture which is what I thought he was doing according to his chairman's statement. I'm not disrespecting Conte or his stature, but imo he is not right for what this club needs right now. We need a holistic rebuild, some real thought about recruitment, playing style, building from the bottom up. Conte is all about here and now, the problem is his abilities don't fit with the state the club is currently in.

Behave. The Dutch league is basically Ajax and then a bunch of clubs that would be given a game by the Renford Rejects. He's proven nothing compared to Conte.
So what? A manager’s not only about trophies. Look how Poch did a much better job than Mourinho despite being the inferior manager in terms of achievements.

Is Conte not a little too close to a defensive mindset for the spurs fans? I personally enjoy defensive football if its done impressively well (e.g. Juventus and athletic Madrid warrior mentality).

Please can someone familiar with his play style sum up how he differs from a mourinho bus park?

I'm not at all familiar myself.

Conte was what needed after Poch not Jose.

I'm not disputing his credentials as I think he's a great manager, but is he what we need right now? I'm not so sure.

Doesn't matter either way, as my money is on him going to Madrid.

Is Conte not a little too close to a defensive mindset for the spurs fans? I personally enjoy defensive football if its done impressively well (e.g. Juventus and athletic Madrid warrior mentality).

Please can someone familiar with his play style sum up how he differs from a mourinho bus park?

I'm not at all familiar myself.
Fact is most everybody was thrilled with Mourinho ball at the beginning of the season, when we were top of the league going into the Holidays.

If Conte gets results then people will be happy.

Fact is most everybody was thrilled with Mourinho ball at the beginning of the season, when we were top of the league going into the Holidays.

If Conte gets results then people will be happy.
No GIF

Levy's chairman statement

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are knownfree-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent

That is not Conte
Mate, you should be wise enough to know now not to take anything Daniel Levy says at face value.

I think Conte is obviously an outstanding coach but I still get similar vibes to when Mourinho was appointed in thinking it just wouldn’t work out for him here...

Back
Top Bottom