Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My ideal choice is ten Hag, I will take him over Conte any day
Ten Hag would excite me in some way, but also worry me a bit

In absolute terms, I don't think we can compare the two. Conte has worked very successfully in many different (and difficult) environments, and in this respect the gap between the two is significant to me. Of course, if we get him, we need to enable him to work as he wants and t would be more difficult than Ten Hag

Reaction GIF by moodman
No

The problem with that, even if he give Conte a blank cheque and control, is that its always a short term appointment and we just delay ever fixing the entire sporting side of the operation another few years. Even if we had a big juicy cash infusion, we don't have the finances to sustain that spending...so its a little success and we're fucked again.

Granted, a little success sure would be nice.
You said blank cheque book,that would be a first but I like conte.

Ten Hag would excite me in some way, but also worry me a bit

In absolute terms, I don't think we can compare the two. Conte has worked very successfully in many different (and difficult) environments, and in this respect the gap between the two is significant to me. Of course, if we get him, we need to enable him to work as he wants and t would be more difficult than Ten Hag
No one is winning the league ahead of Peps City anytime soon, if the best we could achieve in the next few years is domestic cups then I will be happy with beautiful football every week.

You said blank cheque book,that would be a first but I like conte.
It was a hypothetical, obviously that would be the best case imaginable. My point being that even in that best case scenario its not a maintainable strategy and we'll only be delaying the inevitable painful complete overhaul of the football side of the business.

Best to rip off the band aid now and maximize what we can get out of Kane and Son if you ask me.

Fact is most everybody was thrilled with Mourinho ball at the beginning of the season, when we were top of the league going into the Holidays.

If Conte gets results then people will be happy.
The problem is, he's got Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, Aurier and Regi (flaky defender) to work with. Unless we bring him in and there's a complete overhaul on defense, it won't be much better than what Mou did.

Levy might be a prick, but he's no moron. He knows how Conte works, and surely he's taken that into account.

Back
Top Bottom