Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Well if Poch is a no from PSG and Conte is Real bound it only leaves Ten Hag to tell us to piss off.

I'll do it.

I have some fresh ideas. Get Bale to stay, put him in at left-back, maybe push Dier into midfield and Son onto the left. Perhaps we could get Dele into the 10 role and get that Danish playmaker from Inter, whathisname.

That should freshen things up a bit.

:levyeyes:

Don't think this would be a good move for Poch right now.
For his own sake, he should see out a full season at PSG expecting the sack if he doesn't win the Champions League.

The Tottenham job will be available 1-2 more times before the end of next season anyway. No rush.

They can not contemplate it if they want, unfortunately he only has a year left so if we/poch wanted to buy out his contract there’s nothing they can fucking do about it

Yes they can.
They can refuse.
Paying his contract off is a rough guide to the compensation they would expect to break the contract, but is not a release clause.

Just get it done.

I was reluctantly on board with his sacking as the last year of his reign was poor.

But Daniel has to bring him home. He's refreshed. He wanted to rebuild and he wasn't listened to. Back him and let's go again.

Most importantly...and I can't stress this enough...I miss the gorgeous fella terribly.

Yes they can.
They can refuse.
Paying his contract is a rough guide to the compensation they would be due, but is not a release clause.
He’d just hand in his notice, like any job.

There may be financial repercussions, which Levy would help him out with. Seriously, PSG gave him a short term contract to give themselves leeway.

That leeway works both ways.

He’d just hand in his notice, like any job.

There may be financial repercussions, which Levy would help him out with. Seriously, PSG gave him a short term contract to give themselves leeway.

That leeway works both ways.

And they could then put him on garden leave for a year.

Without PSG agreement he does not leave.

And they could then put him on garden leave for a year.

Without PSG agreement he does not leave.
‘Gardening leave’ doesn’t really exist in the world of sports. It relates to financial services and the sharing of confidential information. It’s a competition clause. It also has to be reasonable weeks/months, not a year.

By the way, I don’t think he’s coming back, but not because of his contract.

Back
Top Bottom