Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
How come???? We've been starved of a bit of romance these last 18 months.... per some dream!

It'll be like 2020 NEVER happened!
Perhaps I'm just being negative, but I haven't forgot how poorly we played under poch the last 18 months under him. I never felt he was very good with picking the right team.

And mostly, how often does a manager coming back to a club ever pay off?

In honour of Poch coming back I think we should kick of the new season with some Maurico signings.

Can't wait to see N'Jie, Janssen and Nkoudou back at the lane!

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm just being negative, but I haven't forgot how poorly we played under poch the last 18 months under him. I never felt he was very good with picking the right team.

We were incredibly burned out and I hope to god that Poch made sure he has a guarantee of at least £XX million during windows.

Not saying that him coming back would be a good idea though. I am romanticized by the idea of watching Poch come back, but the reality could be far far, different.

We were incredibly burned out and I hope to god that Poch made sure he has a guarantee of at least £XX million during windows.

Not saying that him coming back would be a good idea though. I am romanticized by the idea of watching Poch come back, but the reality could be far far, different.
Could you argue we were burned out partially because he really didn't rotate much? He loved his starters. Hence Kane starting a CL final when half fit over the man who just played the game of his life.

18 months ?

I will give you 9 months, from end of Feb until November 2019, a period we reached the CL final in anyways, but 18 months, you really are having a laugh. (We had 20 wins out of 26 league games in the 9 months prior to that, which somehow you are saying means playing poorly)

And managers coming back. Well Moyes at West Ham seems to be working. Mourinho at Chelsea worked, Redknapp at Portsmouth certainly did.
Dalglish at Liverpool didn't, but then returning managers is not that common

Last edited:
Could you argue we were burned out partially because he really didn't rotate much? He loved his starters. Hence Kane starting a CL final when half fit over the man who just played the game of his life.
According to Trippier he sort of lost the locker room because of his blind loyalty to some players. Even if those players hit a rough patch he'd never rotate them out.

I love Poch, but as the squad deteriorated (which he takes some of the blame for) then so did our performances, and we are arguably in worse shape now than when he left (because Kane wants to leave). He's not exactly done anything at PSG that makes you think he's gonna tear it up with us again, not with this squad anyway.

If Levy backs him then great, but if we could get Conte, then I think he's a better manager to back with funds.

Sounds about right. So if he lost the lockeroom.. why would we want him back?

I am indifferent on Pochettino returning although I lea n towards no.

What I would say is time heals and also time allows consideration 9f mistakes.

Let's assume the talk of a return for Pochettino is founded in truth, I think the questions would be what has been learned, what can be different and how do we deal with a bad set of results.

In terms of passion and a cavalier approach Pochettino was wonderful for the players and us as fans. We won nothing but the fondness of those 3/4 years wete clear for all to see.

I don't know if asked the question but think some of the other answers that are being provided would just leave us with more issues.

This all needs sorting one way or the other though and by Sunday latest.

Back
Top Bottom