Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're bringing the dream team back.

42lmp8rabx171.jpg
AVB always a handsome fella :levyeyes:

Why did Pochettino give away Sandro? Imagine a midfield of Wanyama - Sandro - Dembele. Would have been too easy tbf
I don’t really remember how it all went down, but it sounds like it was more Sandro than anything.

How about your boy Foden? Sancho?
I don't know because you wouldn't answer. So don't start bringing them up as if you haven't dodged my question. I do know that neither went on loans.

Not being sure how viable a 17yo kid who has not played a full senior game will be is hardly slithery is it you naughty man. It's got fuck all to do with accountability either. It's just common sense.
For actually good 17yo you do know and you can tell. but again, that's for actually good players. For most players you can trace out a career trajectory. Some surprise, some fail but most will track. It happens in every sport and every career in the real world.
No, not really, he started plenty of games for Villa and Fulham up to this season, helped Fulham get promotion.
He did...in the champo (promotion)...and then found the bench after early positive efforts(champo/base of the prem)...both places.
Again, it's not black and white, to paint it as such is disingenuous,
What is not B&W? and who is trying to paint anything as such? And please show where that person might be doing so. Thank you.
he may not ultimately be good enough for a certain level,
At this moment in time he is not.
At the very least, even you are acknowledging that whatever Poch did, didn't improve them.
Don't put words in my mouth...and understand what I wrote before translating it through your BC BS filter. I'm acknowledging nothing of the sort.
No the evidence doesn't support the former. Bizarre logic. If anything the evidence leans my way. They almost certainly have learnt stuff - and got better - for playing football. Just doesn't mean they will ever be spunkbread. That's not the point.
Really? You say they need to play to get better. They play and get no better. And an argument can be made that after a certain level of technical achievement it is not playing that will reap the greatest rewards but watching/understanding the game that will take a player further...but that's a hard sell to a mind brought up on a certain type of football.
They may not be pulling up trees now, but they were pulling up even less when they weren't playing at all.
If they weren't playing then how do you know how well they were doing? But in your mind they were seen as better players when they weren't playing as you could fill the void with all your hopeful youth BS.
How do you know it was?
I don't have to shitnuts. I'm not the asshole out here making/stating the claim in the other direction. If, in your advanced age, you are forgetting both your keys and things you have said even very recently I will remind you. You are, in fact, the guy making certain claims and I am showing why they are bullshit. Clear?
Even if it just improves their character or mentality?
And you metric for this? Score goals = good mentality? Weren't we having a convo about BS British footballing concepts?
KWP has been a first choice RB for a PL team all season, in his first full senior season. Do you not think it possible he’s improved for that experience? That he's learning constantly?
Weird because I see him making the same mistakes he made here. Still has no idea what's around him defensively.
Maybe we just need to agree to disagree. I think those players development wasn’t handled well by Pochettino.
...as you would. Perhaps if you didn't push your agendas so fervently then your critiques could be taken in good faith.
You clearly think it was. Neither of us are going to convince the other.
I do not think it was anything other than a preference by a manager. I see the merits and potential demerits of the choice as I see them for the other side as well. But I also see how another manager would prefer it the other way. But I truly don't see it if the coach on the other side is some neanderthal...which would happen quite frequently in the champo...games or no games.

And no need to convince. I comfortable with me being right and you continuing your streak the other way. Suck it BC!

You don’t think Pochettino had any input into the recruitment? He’s on record as saying no player was signed or sold without his say so, as is Levy. Most of them he’d have been in on the process as well.

You don’t think he had any input into who got picked, the tactics, the coached application of those tactics?

I don't think that he had much input on recruitment, he may have said things in the media to support the club but I don't see much reason to believe it when you look at the players we did, and then didn't bring in.

I must have been watching all the wrong Brighton games recently, because I cannot for the life of me tell me where he gets this reputation for playing attacking football. I see a very methodical approach in possession, a side that gets too many bodies behind the ball for large portions of games, with counter-attacks as feeble as I have ever seen. Part of the problem for me is the attacking players they are signing. The lack of pace, power and trickery is severe. On the plus side, they are quite good at playing out from the back (before it all begins to go a bit flat).

I don't want to shit on anyone's cornflakes. As I say, maybe I am watching the wrong games. However, I fear Tottenham fans would quickly become bored out of their brains watching Potterball.
Ohh boy...go watch Ostersunds (sp?) counter-attacks. Or swansea's for that matter but they had daniel James who, though kinda useless in the prem, is quick as shit. BHO lack in the advanced MF and all their attackers line up in the Dele line avoiding any tight spaces.

that said, I really do like him and would be absolutely jazzed if Levy actually made such an appointment in the face of all these brand names. Would like to see how he progresses with better talent (shit, maybe he needs to go somewhere besides Spurs then). Now I'm just looking forward to Palace (acknowledging the inherent difficulties and assuming they haven't already gotten their man) making the appointment.

I look forward to your next revision on this hottake. Woudn't want to break your streak.

The only guy from the academy Poch really gave a chance was Harry winks
Possibly because the only guy from the academy that really earned a chance was Winks. Anyone else you think we missed out on that should have been playing? And beyond that he gave Onomah a chance even before Winks. Our academy players are shit so let's not revise history here.

Skipp? Another one that I will believe it when I see it irrespective of his champo exploits. Long list of names that 'should have been playing' only to go on and suck. Who was the young number 10 that got tired of waiting behind Eriksen then went to Norwich with maddison and had a great year? Then on to Hudderfield for another decent champo season. Where's he now? Probably the champo because that is the best level we produce.

To me it makes sense because he has shown that he can get results at Spurs and under Levy. I also assume that if he were coming back, with all the leverage that he has, that he would have requirements that would fix a lot of the issues we had with Levy when he was here before. I could be wrong about that which is where my concern about bringing him back comes from and if he is coming back for nostalgia reasons and does not have those assurances then I would be worried, although really that likely means Levy isn't giving the powers to anyone in which case Poch is still the best choice.

Even if you take out his history with us, just from a managerial sense he is the best option. If it were Liverpool for example, to take out the history with us, he would be a better choice than the other mentioned just based on his history, style and ability.
About style. What style are you expecting, the 17/18 style or the style he has used after that. What makes you think he will go back to his brand of Bielsa-football? And not continue with the not so much pressure-diamond?

Last edited:
My mate, Bob the book, said they will stop taking bets on Conte first thing, as word breaks.

Thank me in the morning with monthly contributions to TFC, do you know it costs Case and co £10K a week for the amount of processing power WoodySpurs thread in OffTopic uses up...

Shared in good faith.
Would that be the Bob from Bagdad?

Back
Top Bottom