Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters

At least I admitted it! Poch wasn't perfect... who is these days?

But who oversaw our 3-0/3-3 capitulation against West Ham... ? (Which if you think about it, ultimately was the difference between Europa League an whatever that abortion of a Competition they came up with this year...?)

YOUR MATE JOSÉ!!

I'd take my wig wearing boy Conte all day, Premier League experience, recent cup winning success, good wig wearer, tactical mind and best of all doesn't come with the favouritism natural hair baggage of Poch.

We could actually rely on him to make the tough and often dirty decisions that need to be made for the good of the club.
At least Jose and Poch don't wear a syrrup!

But you're a Levy fanboy ain't you?
No

If he left and took over another club I wouldn’t then follow that club because I follow Spurs

I really don’t think I could put it any simpler

If you can find a post where I admit to being a Levy Fanbois ......

At least I admitted it! Poch wasn't perfect... who is these days?

But who oversaw our 3-0/3-3 capitulation against West Ham... ? (Which if you think about it, ultimately was the difference between Europa League an whatever that abortion of a Competition they came up with this year...?)

YOUR MATE JOSÉ!!
I'm no Jose fanboy I just expect that Poch receives the same criticism as other managers.

I've received an insane number of dislikes just for stating a fact, for example about Poch wanting to leave the club before a CL final. A disgusting and traitorous attitude.

I respect your willingness though to admit that Poch has made a fuck up, sadly some on here seem to think he can walk on water.

Poch does not strike me as a cuddly teddy bear. I'd imagine he can be a right cunt behind the scenes. I'd imagine he was going bananas that he couldn't get certain players out of the club. We're hearing about it now (the Diers and the Alderweirelds), and it doesn't surprise me at all. I think he was raging Sissoko was given a contract extension.

In saying that, there may be some players that he has a peculiar weakness for (guys like Dele and Winks), and the very notion frightens the bejaysus out of me. He did seem excessively loyal at times. Was that something to do with a lack of squad depth? Possibly. Maybe not.
Agree with a lot of that bar the Sissoko point.

In the 2018/19 season he was great, played 43 times, won the legends player of the season (Big deal, I know).
Point being for that season he was brilliant, Poch picked him every time he was available and was a big part of the team that got to the CL Final.

I think Poch green lighted the new contract in September 2019 and Levy rubber stamped it.

Edit : He was being spoken of as one of the best players that season in the league by a fair few sports writers

I'm no Jose fanboy I just expect that Poch receives the same criticism as other managers.

I've received an insane number of dislikes just for stating a fact, for example about Poch wanting to leave the club before a CL final. A disgusting and traitorous attitude.

I respect your willingness though to admit that Poch has made a fuck up, sadly some
on here seem to think he can walk on water.
I agree... I thought the quote about him leaving after the CL Final was HORRENDOUSLY misjudged... I hated it!
Poch made mistakes.... so has Jose...

But I'd LIKE to think he's learnt from his past mistakes.... my problem with Jose was that he stubbornly refused to adapt, and STILL thought he could do what he did with Porto & Chelsea all those years ago, and no one would notice that football has moved on.

Yeah we need change so let's bring in the guy we had for 5 years ughh....

Also it was Poch NOT changing hence the reason why we got found out by other managers.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Like expecting things to improve with Levy who has been here over 20 years as opposed to Poch’s five. He is clearly 4 x the problem Poch is , so focus on that first

I agree... I thought the quote about him leaving after the CL Final was HORRENDOUSLY misjudged... I hated it!
Poch made mistakes.... so has Jose...

But I'd LIKE to think he's learnt from his past mistakes.... my problem with Jose was that he stubbornly refused to adapt, and STILL thought he could do what he did with Porto & Chelsea all those years ago, and no one would notice that football has moved on.

No analysis of Pochettino 's time with us can be made with Mourinho's..

In the grand scheme of things Pochettino done nothing when you consider what Mourinho has achieved but if we are talking just this club then Mourinho did absolutely fcuk all

I'd take my boy Conte all day, Premier League experience, recent cup winning success, good tactical mind and best of all doesn't come with the favouritism baggage of Poch.

We could actually rely on him to make the tough and often dirty decisions that need to be made for the good of the club.
Haha. Those are his strong points in isolation, it's his tenure and interaction with the club that would show how good he would be for us.

His tenure would be short and the backing small, he would never have any passion for the club and at the first sign of adversity would be happy to just pick up the cheque like Mourinho.

I think Conte is a brilliant manager, the fact I think he will likely fail is more down to the lack of clear identity and planning we have at the top of the club right now.

You see people don't love Poch because he never made tactical mistakes or his many other flaws but because he actually gave a shit about the club and stuck it out despite all the hurdles he faced with the shambles that is our upper management.

It didn’t make sense then and doesn’t today

I get the animosity towards Mou but we want to win things and we would have had a much better chance of winning that final with Mou in charge

Putting Mason in charge then didn’t do the Club any good, Mason any good or us fans any good

Ridiculous decision
One of Levy’s worst imv
Fair point on Mason but players hated Mou, that was obvious.
I'd take my boy Conte all day, Premier League experience, recent cup winning success, good tactical mind and best of all doesn't come with the favouritism baggage of Poch.

how on earth would Levy get on with him? You have to take into account that bald prick meddling. ... match made in hell

Ahahaha oh dear, let's go over some of the "tactical" decisions by Poch.

Playing Son at left back during an FA Cup Semi Final.
Playing an extremely out of form Dier against United in an FA Cup Semi Final.
Starting an out of form Kane in a CL final and leaving Moura on the bench.

And the list goes on.

So can we please stop with this "but Poch had no options" nonsense, the guy has no tactical brain hence why he kept bottling cups.

Who were the other options for CM then smart arse? Seeings as that's what i said he had no other options for

Back
Top Bottom