Tottenham Hotspur Financials - Year to 30 June 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What?

We have heard again that we need to sell to buy, the same BS that always is mentioned under this pathetic ownership group.

But as always there will be some "fans" more than happy to run out here and tell us how the shit sandwich that ENIC are serving us tastes so great.
What?

Are you saying that we haven't spent a lot of money since we moved into the stadium?

What?

Are you saying that we haven't spent a lot of money since we moved into the stadium?

Yes

Was it money or football decisions that had us pass on Bruno? Did we buy Rodon and not Dias or Skriniar because football people saw Rodon as the better option or because Levy was too cheap to buy the players we need?

Again new stadium and same situation where money dictates the football decisions. Where ENIC is still to cheap to buy players we need and instead goes with the cut rate options.

What?

We have heard again that we need to sell to buy, the same BS that always is mentioned under this pathetic ownership group.

But as always there will be some "fans" more than happy to run out here and tell us how the shit sandwich that ENIC are serving us tastes so great.

We need to sell as we have a full squad - regardless of how much we realise from sales.

Rumours at the time was Poch preferred an Argentian player in Lo Celso to Bruno

We need to sell as we have a full squad - regardless of how much we realise from sales.

Rumours at the time was Poch preferred an Argentian player in Lo Celso to Bruno

No we need to sell because Levy won't spend money until he knows he has money coming in from selling players. That hasn't changed since we got our fancy new money making stadium.

Even with the new stadium our approach hasn't changed, we are still seeing the same problems we did before in that we are not willing to pay what it takes to get top players.

Yes

Was it money or football decisions that had us pass on Bruno? Did we buy Rodon and not Dias or Skriniar because football people saw Rodon as the better option or because Levy was too cheap to buy the players we need?

Again new stadium and same situation where money dictates the football decisions. Where ENIC is still to cheap to buy players we need and instead goes with the cut rate options.
If you think that spending @ £230m in the last 2 seasons is not spending then I don't know what to say.

No we need to sell because Levy won't spend money until he knows he has money coming in from selling players. That hasn't changed since we got our fancy new money making stadium.

Even with the new stadium our approach hasn't changed, we are still seeing the same problems we did before in that we are not willing to pay what it takes to get top players.
19/20
Sales £58m
Buys £134m

20/21
Sales £12m
Buys £99m

But we only spend when we have money coming in from player sales.
Righto

The ESL scandal and the ticketing price disgrace among other thing kept them quiet for a while.

And one by one we see them creeping out of the woodwork.

Pitiful.

The ESL scandal and the ticketing price disgrace among other thing kept them quiet for a while.

Pitiful.

It didn't stop your constant whining when you were proved so badly wrong by the stadium being build - when your constant refrain had been 'not one brick.

Not even an apology to fellow fans that pointed out how badly wrong you got that 'opinion'

But good news is we can easily judge the value (or otherwise) your judgement is by remembering you campaign over many yreatrs that the stadium wouldn't be built

Sadly you haven't learned contrition after being proved so wrong have you ?

If you think that spending @ £230m in the last 2 seasons is not spending then I don't know what to say.

19/20
Sales £58m
Buys £134m

20/21
Sales £12m
Buys £99m

But we only spend when we have money coming in from player sales.
Righto

I forgot how much of a ENIC cuck you are and how you constantly spin things to ignore what is actually being discussed.

I forgot how much of a ENIC cuck you are and how you constantly spin things to ignore what is actually being discussed.

This started by you saying :
he has shown no indication that he will spend after the new stadium

You then doubled down by saying :

Once both those assertions were proven to be demonstrably wrong, you resort to insults because you can not refute the evidence.

There's only one person spinning things here and it isn't me.

This started by you saying :

You then doubled down by saying :

Once both those assertions were proven to be demonstrably wrong, you resort to insults because you can not refute the evidence.

There's only one person spinning things here and it isn't me.

You didn;t refute anything.

We are talking about how with the stadium now things will change and I showed that they didn't change.

We still don't buy the needed players because of financial reasons, we still cheap out on players because of Levy being cheap, we still don't buy players because we need to sell to buy or whatever other crap Levy states.

Nothing has changed despite the new stadium. You haven't proven a single thing as usual.

You didn;t refute anything.

We are talking about how with the stadium now things will change and I showed that they didn't change.

We still don't buy the needed players because of financial reasons, we still cheap out on players because of Levy being cheap, we still don't buy players because we need to sell to buy or whatever other crap Levy states.

Nothing has changed despite the new stadium. You haven't proven a single thing as usual.
You didn't "show" how things haven't changed.
You made a statement with no evidence provided.
I on the other hand did provide evidence. Actual facts and figures rather than assumptions.
Just because you refuse to accept the evidence doesn't make it false.

We spent £230m in two years on players.

We've increased our spending since moving into the new stadium.

Our net spend since the move is 4th in the PL.

These are facts that can not be refuted.
All this in the 2 years when our revenue has been impacted by Covid.

Now you're trying to move the goal posts by saying that we don't buy the needed players.
If you had said that at the start I would have agreed with you.

I think both of you are right....and wrong...!

Levy & ENIC have shown they will back the squad financially and have provided funds in the past couple of years. However, we have gone for quantity somewhat over quality and we aren't competing for the top talent.
It boils down to more a case of our recruitment strategy being terrible. We consistently seem to be buying the wrong players. Dont blame Levy for not providing the funds..he has,as proven the past few years. Blame him for not putting in place a structure to spend that money wisely. The net result is the same: squad that simply isn't good enough!

Levy & ENIC have shown they will back the squad financially and have provided funds in the past couple of years. However, we have gone for quantity somewhat over quality and we aren't competing for the top talent.
It boils down to more a case of our recruitment strategy being terrible. We consistently seem to be buying the wrong players. Dont blame Levy for not providing the funds..he has,as proven the past few years. Blame him for not putting in place a structure to spend that money wisely. The net result is the same: squad that simply isn't good enough!
Nailed it.

For the 101st time.
Our best signing this summer would be a top footballing DOF

Pitiful.
These are not current important issues. The criticism Levy would have got if he had said no to ESL and it gone ahead without us and we missed out in playing the top European clubs permanently rather than just a couple of seasons due to our failure to qualify.
What ticketing price disgrace? You mean fans paying £60 to watch a PL match when the last PL match I saw in Jan 20 against Norwich I paid more to sit in the East stand upper. This was from the official site. I did not have to pay it and could have bought a cheaper ticket and the 10k S/T holders did not have to pay it.
Want to criticise Levy then say he should not cash in on Kane this summer. That will cause much more harm than fans having a choice of paying £60 to watch a match or the ESL which never got off the ground.

You didn't "show" how things haven't changed.
You made a statement with no evidence provided.
I on the other hand did provide evidence. Actual facts and figures rather than assumptions.
Just because you refuse to accept the evidence doesn't make it false.

We spent £230m in two years on players.

We've increased our spending since moving into the new stadium.

Our net spend since the move is 4th in the PL.

These are facts that can not be refuted.
All this in the 2 years when our revenue has been impacted by Covid.

Now you're trying to move the goal posts by saying that we don't buy the needed players.
If you had said that at the start I would have agreed with you.

No I did show how things haven't changed when I pointed out that when we needed Skriniar/Dias we didn't get them because of money, just like before. Having the new stadium and the revenue from that didn't change anything, transfers are still made based on finances not on football needs. The new stadium did not mean that we can now get the players we need, Levy still made choices based on money not based on football reasons. The same thing happened with Bruno, we were interested but wouldn't meet the asking price. The new stadium did not change that we could now pay what players are worth, it didn't mean that Levy would change anything he still goes the cheap route every single time instead of paying for players.

Quoting a value without looking at the context means nothing. It is what Levy does to try and trick people into thinking he spends. When you look at what actually happens it is clear as day that isn't the case and that the stadium hasn't changed a single thing.

They is no goal posts being moved here I just don't go gaga over what seems like a big number and actually look at what is going on.

But that is what they have always done, the stadium hasn't changed anything.

And it is not quantity over quality it is deals. Levy always looks for financial deals over football needs.

If he thought he could buy George Best (in 2021) for 50m and sell him for 60m he would do it in a heartbeat. The fact that Best has been dead for 15 years and wouldn't help us in the least wouldn't matter because Levy would be getting a good deal in that case.

He would rather spend the money on a dead George Best in that case than spend 50m on a 50m rated CB that would be our first choice player for the next 10 years because there is no deal in that. It is him paying what a guy is worth and Levy has no interest in doing that even if it clearly makes the team better.

Back
Top Bottom