Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taking their time announcing Conte...

tenor.gif
17:01 Levy will announce Potter! :memeokay:

I'm sorry, but having Conte as a manager, no matter how good he is, will not mean winning anything big. Man Ure will strengthen, the Dippers, the Chavs, they'll all strengthen and of course you have Citeh who already have the basis of an excellent team and probably just need a striker like Kane to cement everything.

And the notion players are giving up on the CL or winning leagues to come to Spurs just because of one man is a total myth.
Do you remember when Chelsea (seven points and eight odd places behind spurs at the time)fired their undeperforming coach. What happened next?That's the impact a decent manager can have. Yes the odds are against us but I have genuinely seen squads with much much less than we have win trophies. The scale of the collapse under Jose was actually staggering, Roma fans should be terrified.

My impression is that Mourinho has lost the charisma of the past. Conte, on the other hand, is the recent winner of a Serie A championship. He is in a phase in which he expects a lot from the company he works for and if he does not see tangible feedback, he leaves everything.
With Inter, when he saw that a downsizing was taking place, he left.

Yea, I totally get your point and I am not putting Conte and Mou (of now) on the same bar.

But continuing your metaphor - his last company will be donwnsized, but in his next place he will unfortunately discover that branch managers have not set a foot in the office for two years, cash register is full of cookies and vice president duties are filled by an aging gorilla :D :D ...
And such situation might be too shocking for him, and too difficult to squeeze out the result.

Do you remember when Chelsea (seven points and eight odd places behind spurs at the time)fired their undeperforming coach. What happened next?That's the impact a decent manager can have. Yes the odds are against us but I have genuinely seen squads with much much less than we have win trophies. The scale of the collapse under Jose was actually staggering, Roma fans should be terrified.
It's weird what goes through the dinosaur's mind. Goes to Roma, and his first target is Eric Dier, a shitshow. His second target is Teun Koopmeiners, someone we should be after.

His problem is he's got his way of doing things and they didn't fit in with us.

That's the feeling I get with Conte. He'll be tearing his hair weave out in no time.

No you're of course right. We should wait for a DOF we haven't hired yet, to sound out players we haven't signed yet, so that a manager who cant decide whether he wants to sign can do his due diligence before accepting our offer.

That sounds totally normal and above board.

You clearly know how tis works better than I do.

Not. Weird. At. All

No you're of course right. We should wait for a DOF we haven't hired yet, to sound out players we haven't signed yet, so that a manager who cant decide whether he wants to sign can do his due diligence before accepting our offer.

That sounds totally normal and above board.

You clearly know how tis works better than I do.

Not. Weird. At. All
Clearly I do. However it was speculative based on the situation and what best explains why the DOF said (via gossip) his decision may be early next week…

I'm sorry, but having Conte as a manager, no matter how good he is, will not mean winning anything big. Man Ure will strengthen, the Dippers, the Chavs, they'll all strengthen and of course you have Citeh who already have the basis of an excellent team and probably just need a striker like Kane to cement everything.

And the notion players are giving up on the CL or winning leagues to come to Spurs just because of one man is a total myth.

We saw last year that with worse managers and terrible organization that we could still make a final and with luck could have stolen it.

Leicester showed that you don't have to be the best to win a trophy last season. Woolwich two years ago.

I know many think we just just give up and fold the club but there is still plenty of chance to win stuff if Conte comes in. No guarantee but if the club is well run we are one of the few teams that have the resources to consistently compete for trophies.

Just seen a helicopter head over my house. I am sure I saw Graham Potter within it heading south, towards Enfield area.

just going to check Sly Sports news for an update on this and also how good Man City’s ladies are.

Back
Top Bottom