Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not wrong at all. I’m not even expecting much of Conte in his first season if he comes. I just want to win something. Even the Conference League I’ll take it. A nice tidy top 4 finish to build upon and win the league in his second season would be great.
its the second where i think we will explode and dominate, but he needs to get his dna ingrained and weed out the crap this season, no reason we cant challenge the top if he gets full backing

He’s not wrong at all. I’m not even expecting much of Conte in his first season if he comes. I just want to win something. Even the Conference League I’ll take it. A nice tidy top 4 finish to build upon and win the league in his second season would be great.
Quadruple or GTFO.

(that's amore)
Left the sun and the wine for the bird in the sky, thats our Conteeee
Raging mad, snappy suit, hairs not bad, that's our Conteeee
From the back to the front, Contes spurs on the hunt, Glory Glory
Were the spurs from the lane and our Tony is insane, Conte Conteeee

READY FOR THE GRILLING!!!!

I can't believe so many here want Conte. I'd rather see a no-name manager get a shot then get another ex-Chelsea guy. Don't get wrong, If he does get the job I hope he succeeds but this feels just like Mourinho 2.0. Another big name, serial winner, that was fired from Chelsea and is known to be a hot-head. How many times will Levy try the same thing and expect different results? His track record suggests he will be here for 2 seasons max and then he will leave us in the same position we are in now.

Unless Levy is going to spend big in the transfer market this seems like a recipe for disaster.

We've got Conteeee
Tony Conteeee
I just don't think you understand.
He wears a Rolex watch,
But he cost us less than Poch.
We've got Tony Conteeee.

Kane is basically the ideal striker for Conte. If you look at his gigs at Chelsea and Inter, he spent huge money on players worse than Kane up front.

Big leg up for our recruiting to be able to focus on CB/RWB/DM.

I can't believe so many here want Conte. I'd rather see a no-name manager get a shot then get another ex-Chelsea guy. Don't get wrong, If he does get the job I hope he succeeds but this feels just like Mourinho 2.0. Another big name, serial winner, that was fired from Chelsea and is known to be a hot-head. How many times will Levy try the same thing and expect different results? His track record suggests he will be here for 2 seasons max and then he will leave us in the same position we are in now.

Unless Levy is going to spend big in the transfer market this seems like a recipe for disaster.
this is bigger then signing jose, conte literally top 3 in the world, not past it and still in his prime. he gets the best out of average shit and will get full backing why else would he come.

its the second where i think we will explode and dominate, but he needs to get his dna ingrained and weed out the crap this season, no reason we cant challenge the top if he gets full backing
.If Kane stays this year and we win nothing then he's gone in a year.

So Conte, ultimately, has one shot at winning not just trophies, but the league

I'm not sure Pep or Klopp are better.
Pep has only managed the best and hugely funded clubs. Maybe Klopp is but it's not a given. It's certainly not "sure".
klopp gets burnt out after a while look at dortmund but there is no dount in his managerial abilities and tbf to him he made dortmund compete with bayern thats no small feat. true we havent seen pep manage a smaller side but he has won it all and that barca team was perhaps the greatest team i saw in my lifetime.

Do people really think we can finish ahead of City and win the league in two seasons? It's one thing to go to Serie A and overturn a waning Juve side and another to try to finish ahead of Pep's City, Champions League winning Chelsea and a resurgent Liverpool and United.

I'm very excited about the move but I'm not sure I can buy the league winning stuff.

Do people really think we can finish ahead of City and win the league in two seasons? It's one thing to go to Serie A and overturn a waning Juve side and another to try to finish ahead of Pep's City, Champions League winning Chelsea and a resurgent Liverpool and United.

I'm very excited about the move but I'm not sure I can buy the league winning stuff.

I'd be happy with an FA cup to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom