Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's very kind of you - I'm hopping onto my jet right away.
Bill’s Rioja is shite btw

monday john GIF

From my press mate. Just rumour, not from any club source.

Conte wanted to bring a lot of staff, which would mean we would need to let a lot of our backroom team go. This includes key medial and conditioning staff. This was a NO GO for spurs, especially during covid as staff have all been given assurances their jobs are safe.

Spurs heiracy rightly concerned about losing day to day control of the club and want 'tottenham hotspur' to succeed as the club it is, not winning by $
I don't wish redundancy on anyone, but jesus christ our injury history has been fucking shite for a long time. I'd probably be fancying rolling the dice on Conte's guys.

If we try to put aside some of the general frustration for a second, it's obvious that Levy couldn't hand over full control and funds to Conte. Could he help us win something? Of course, but he would only be here for a couple years at most, and god knows what he would leave behind in his wake that we would be left with. Anyone could see from a million miles away Levy was never going to let this happen.

For all of the appeal of suddenly having a chance at signing Conte, it was always going to be highly unlikely at best.

There would have been some criticisms still, but it would have been far less if the club just made it clear that Conte wasn't a fit at this time from the start and that they were working through their process. It was the abandoning of the process, chasing a pipedream, and wasting all this time for literally nothing.

and I very much doubt we are back in for him either. If we were the Italian press would be shouting it from the rooftops like last week.

I suspect we are sitting around waiting for the new guy to join and then we will try for people again. It doesn’t exactly feel like anything is happening.

I honestly think Covid fucked us good. We know Uncle Joe is a tight arse motherfucker so the stadium with NFL, sponsorship and gigs was a giant cash cow. All of that was to be used to fund everything along with expected CL football which we don’t have either, now all of it is gone at least for now.

Because Joe won’t back us we now are limited and so Conte terrifies Levy. One of the best managers in the World but one Uncle Joe won’t help us with, he won’t even loan us cash for transfers against future stadium income. Between Covid and Uncle Joe we are broke.

He’s a proper cunt. As much as everyone hates levy it’s Lewis for me is the one who is worse. An absolute dick.

Knowing that you were the 6th choice or lower is going to be embarrassing for the new manager. Nagelsmann, Flick, Rodgers, Poch, Conte have all been crossed off the list.

Levy has made so much noise about each of these top managers and now that he's embarrassed himself and failed to get any of them, the poor bastard who takes the job will know he's only there because a bunch of other people said no. Just a terrible way to start things off. At least with AVB, Poch and Mourinho we made our choice and went with it quickly. It feels like we have travelled back in time 15 years the way Levy is doing things at the moment.

If this is true, then we are seriously so screwed.

If one of the best managers in football wants to bring his own staff in, let him. It's not like we've got a great medical or conditioning team either.

They want Tottenham Hotspur to "succeed" as the club we are? We've won fuck all for two decades.

I'll save us all time, what they want to do is save money.
Because we've had such a stellar year financially with a packed new stadium that generated so much revenue we don't know what to do with it. I mean, if this was any other year, I'd get the "Levy is a cheapskate" argument. But the one thing that would have allowed us to shell out a few extra quid has been fucking empty for the better part of the past one and a half years. Context, people.

Because we've had such a stellar year financially with a packed new stadium that generated so much revenue we don't know what to do with it. I mean, if this was any other year, I'd get the "Levy is a cheapskate" argument. But the one thing that would have allowed us to shell out a few extra quid has been fucking empty for the better part of the past one and a half years. Context, people.
Context?

It's going to be rammed to the fucking gills for the foreseeable future...the stadium with no name that is.

Few extra quid that's worth too.

We were the first club to go a whole summer without signing a single player

Levy is just taking the next logical step , be the first club go a whole season without a manager

Progress

The way levy puts the fans through the mill im surprised our fanbase is still loyal. Getting beyond a joke now waiting so long for new boss. This is levys fuck up btw and its left a trail of devastation. Should have kept poch and sold up. Part of me thinks he sticks around as hes on a nice little earner and wont let go until hes satisfied weve won something. Not going to happen under him. As for conte...high maitenance and would have been gone within 12-24 months.

Fair enough, we just disagree then.

I know Potter does get his teams playing an appealing brand of football and I don't hate the guy and think he could do well. I think people are underselling what a massive risk it would be to appoint someone like him though whose never shown real success in England.
This is Potter's Brighton. Their position doesn't even come close to reflecting where they should have finished. Easily outperformed us and everyone else outside the top 4 and with less quality players on top of that. (tweet is mine - couldn't paste a @&%$#! image in the message box)

From my press mate. Just rumour, not from any club source.

Conte… This includes key medial and conditioning staff. This was a NO GO for spurs, especially during covid as staff have all been given assurances their jobs are safe.

SHEESH give me strength!!!

They could afford £15m a season gardening leave for Jose… but not to place existing staff on shadow secondment…

Back
Top Bottom