Mate of a mate, of a mate...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I knew a guy who was best man at Pat Jennings' daughter's wedding....so that's a mate of a mate married to a player's daughter.

The town I live in is quite small, there's a lad from here I went to school with Derrick Williams, he plays for Villa, only made 1 first team appearance in the prem so far I believe, I don't know him so well but often see him around during the summer.

Also Spurs related, Kenny McEvoy is from my area too, never met him but have a good few mutual friends.

I grew up calling David Howells and his wife Debbie, Uncle and Aunty, by extension I know David's brother Gareth really well. Has also lead to me going out on this piss with a number of ex-Spurs players down the years; Teddy and Shaggy.

Know Tom Jordan (son of Joe) quite well as he used to play for Eastleigh where my Dad was a coach. See their ex-manager Ian Baird (ex-Leeds) quite a lot as well.

As previously mentioned know Sam Cox quite well.

At my school I am a 'stripe' (guy who supervisors over the school), and one kid who I was trying to get to bed realised I was a Spurs fan, then promptly told me that his god-father was David Ginola, which I thought was quite cool, then he told me that his uncle's Piers Brosnon, he lives on the same street as Terry and Lampard and he has a watch more then my bank account, so I promptly whacked him with a clipboard.

I've got a few mates that used to know Ashley Young. When he played for Watford he was in our Fantasy Football League and used to get involved with the emails we used to send about it

Any chance you know Lewis Hamilton as well? Heard he used to be mates with him at school.

My dad is good acquaintances with Phil Beal who used to play for us in the 60s + 70s. He's been round my ouse a few times before (when I haven't been around) and we also went away to Shamrock Rovers with him. He's a really nice guy - said that George Best is the best player he's every played against

2prwi1j.jpg

This was taken at a bar in Dublin at about 2 in the morning after the game

My dad is good acquaintances with Phil Beal who used to play for us in the 60s + 70s. He's been round my ouse a few times before (when I haven't been around) and we also went away to Shamrock Rovers with him. He's a really nice guy - said that George Best is the best player he's every played against

2prwi1j.jpg

This was taken at a bar in Dublin at about 2 in the morning after the game

Ironically I won a competition on Twitter yesterday, the question was who did Phil Beal score his only Spurs goal against.

At my school I am a 'stripe' (guy who supervisors over the school), and one kid who I was trying to get to bed realised I was a Spurs fan, then promptly told me that his god-father was David Ginola, which I thought was quite cool, then he told me that his uncle's Piers Brosnon, he lives on the same street as Terry and Lampard and he has a watch more then my bank account, so I promptly whacked him with a clipboard.

Fucking public schools...some things never change.

Back
Top Bottom