Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
potter.gif
This gif will still be playing in my head as i'm carted away to a mental hospital.

People who think they are always right are, indomitable, adamant, unrelenting, insistent, intransigent, obdurate, unshakeable, dictatorial, in other words you are Donald Trump. This is you,

tenor.gif

Well then I guess it is a good thing not a single one of those things describe me.

Dunno if he's good or shit, (irrelevant as no fucker is getting a tune out of this squad anymore) but I do know that this man has a fine head of black hair.

Very black indeed.

Definitely not dyed....... Nope...........

Well, I think Nagelsmann, Rodgers, Poch and Conte are pretty inarguable.

But he seems to be Paratici's second choice, for whatever that's worth.
They were talked to but we do not know if an offer was actually made. When I used to be involved in recruitment we interviewed about 12 people for 1 vacancy.
When Mourinho was appointed it appears he was the only one interviewed. That did not go well.

Skimming through more Roma from late 2020.
1-0 victory vs Udinese, pretty good in parts, especially the first half. Vibrant off ball movement at times, decent defensive transitions, every player looks confident with the ball and knows where teammate is going to be for most of the first half.

I genuinely find it hard to judge the guy, because if we have Kane, Son, Ndom, Gio, Reguilon plus whoever come September, their ability to carry out his ideas will be much greater than that of Dzeko, Pedro, Vertout and Davide Santon. A lot can be said about it being an unambitious appointment, but this Roma squad is fairly crap and their league finish was about what could be expected to be honest. Dzeko looks every bit his age.

Mancini a bit better in this game, but honestly don't think he's much if any better than Dier. Villar bright from the bench. Every game I've watched so far, lack of athleticism in the Roma side has been glaring. Seems to promote his full backs and wing players cutting low balls back toward penalty spot/edge of box, midfielders regularly target their runs toward this area. Ceded a lot of possession in the second half, age profile and endurance of front three no help, but managed to limit Udinese to snapshots and some crossing opportunities.

They were talked to but we do not know if an offer was actually made. When I used to be involved in recruitment we interviewed about 12 people for 1 vacancy.
When Mourinho was appointed it appears he was the only one interviewed. That did not go well.
Well right, the whole “sixth choice” thing is silly.

But it has been a very drawn-out process.

Ten Hag got his automatic extension with Overmars saying he had gotten offers, Conte went public, Poch got an automatic extension with the chairman coming out publicly... this guy reminds me of you...

Emhm49JW8AMCnFe.jpg

Well, I think Nagelsmann, Rodgers, Poch and Conte are pretty inarguable.

But he seems to be Paratici's second choice, for whatever that's worth.
Well, certainly looks like Poch and Conte had some kind of talk: Rodgers rejected us without being asked IIRC, and Nagelsmann was pretty much gone at the same time as Jose - the way this whole farce is being conducted, I’ve got no idea what ‘talks’ means any more.

Maybe just a pie and a pint and a nice natter?

Back
Top Bottom