Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he has more going on outside than most other players but can see him sticking it out another couple of seasons. Do you think he will like a return to Portugal? Play a few more seasons out there? just not good enough, thanks but time to move on
Possibly - just think he’s a decent guy and not deluded like most players and probably realises this is it.

Put the useless oaf (and I was a fan for the first couple of seasons) to good use serving hotdogs in the stand.
He does have good movement and experience in the stands.

1z1hrIjEh-fMIlx2XVrfzsRyC8clWl08th7eKqgOHpPlctbMIKt2AGwS9di9lbSTxbmg6Fxml0Gyn9V96qLMCj-U6huHP9_GYurswToR5oe_V83_XQx-_07b7MKaeJWr2Tkc22jVUrXm

:dierno:

I like the lad as a person, he is an interesting lad with a passion for Spurs.

However, on and off pitch are different matters.

He is no longer not good enough for what we need..

I'm going to hope it is just him going to bat for a guy he likes personally and not any sort of representation of his actual football analysis thinking that Dier should be in the top 50 choices of CB for England, let alone on the team.

For me, the only real surprise from England's Euro 2020 squad was Eric Dier being left out, at least of the provisional 33.
Eric's a leader, he enjoys responsibility and he has got the experience of previous tournaments. I know Gareth Southgate said it was his most difficult decision and, having worked with Eric this season at Tottenham, for the majority he was excellent, especially at the beginning.
It was the first year he committed to playing just one position but I think the team's dip in form played a part in him not making the squad. It doesn't help when you don't have a consistent partner and there are a lot of changes around the back four.

I haven't spoken to him since the last day of the season, but we obviously had discussions throughout. Even when the team was performing well and we weren't conceding many, there still seemed to be a negative narrative around the defenders. There were individual mistakes from Eric and others — and that's what people remember.

Ledley King, what does he know... :rolleyes:

For me, the only real surprise from England's Euro 2020 squad was Eric Dier being left out, at least of the provisional 33.
Eric's a leader, he enjoys responsibility and he has got the experience of previous tournaments. I know Gareth Southgate said it was his most difficult decision and, having worked with Eric this season at Tottenham, for the majority he was excellent, especially at the beginning.
It was the first year he committed to playing just one position but I think the team's dip in form played a part in him not making the squad. It doesn't help when you don't have a consistent partner and there are a lot of changes around the back four.

I haven't spoken to him since the last day of the season, but we obviously had discussions throughout. Even when the team was performing well and we weren't conceding many, there still seemed to be a negative narrative around the defenders. There were individual mistakes from Eric and others — and that's what people remember.

Ledley King, what does he know... :rolleyes:

Love Ledley, but I don't notice anywhere him saying that Dier specifically had been playing well.

I'm hoping we can sell Dier to Portugal or Spain. He seems like someone who enjoys those cultures and has a lot going on outside of the sport so I could even see him retiring soon.

He was good for us for a few years but just like Sissoko, he's now very average. And average is below our standards.

Back
Top Bottom