Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
This post has saddened me deeply
In the long run we'll have more revenue coming into the club, which will mean money for the team dripping in on a regular basis.

For me that light at the end of the tunnel helps lift the sadness..... it's better than just clogging along usually not in the top four, decade after decade and watching the richer teams get all the glory.

That would be true if you were to take Serie A as an average, but you ain't going to see any of our players go to any team below mid-table I should imagine.

Inter, Milan, Juve all have higher wage bills than us. To put this into perspective Eriksen doubled his wages in his move to Inter but because of Italy's income tax, he effectively more than tripled his wages. His net wages went from £37.5k per week to £135k per week!!

The caveat to all this is the effect of COVID on all teams and that Inter is now close to bankruptcy as a direct result of their spending.
In context, he was on a low wage as he wouldn't sign an improved deal for a number of years. What you say is true but he would have significantly improved his take home at spurs if he chose (not as high but towards parity).

I think I would probably take Jesus, Sterling, and Ake for Kane.

Was wondering if I was far off on value, and on transfermarkt, Kane is valued at $132m, and the trio above is valued at a combined $146m ($45m for Sterling, $35m for Ake, and $66m for Jesus). So that's reasonably close.
Cash only if they do not have it No Deal.

So why the fuck did they change their mind? Lopetegui’s the more exciting option out of the two.
Duncan Castles claims that a very good source has told him that Spurs were very close to hiring the 54-year-old before Brexit rules scuppered the deal.

"They also, I have from a very good source, went a long way down the line with Julen Lopetegui, the Sevilla coach. They had agreed terms to release him from his contract, so he has a €5m release clause with the Spanish club and they had agreed terms on a contract, but for personal reasons related to family matters and because of changes brought about on movement of individuals due to Brexit, Lopetegui pulled out of the deal,” Castles said.
I posted this yesterday

Cash only if they do not have it No Deal.

If we get players at least we know that the value of Kane goes back into players and that we are getting a certainly level of player, if it is straight cash I doubt we get better players with the cash coming back.

England won. Kane hardly sold himself as a global superstar. All good this evening.
On the manager front? Fonseca? Really? Ah well. Let’s get behind him for the short time he’s here because the little bald rat is running himself into a corner he ultimately won’t be able to lie his way out of.

There comes a time in life you have to step aside and pass the baton on. This is the case with levy. The evidence is there to see. 20 years and 1 league cup says it all. How many semis and cup finals we lost to the point of embarrassing stats. Weve been overly patient. Hope this new dof and whoever new boss comes in proves me wrong. Part of me with this new dof is going to have same problems as mitchell did. Propose exciting targets but levy doesnt want to pay the fees. Its time for levy to step aside.

Back
Top Bottom