Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
You really need to stop with the "Support Levy or support FC" BS.

Tottenham is Tottenham. The brand, the stadium, the players. All are one. There is no "business Tottenham" and "football Tottenham"

The stadium is to help out future as many have tried explaining to you already. We won't have a billion pound investor like Chelsea did. We need to grow the club long-term and the new stadium will do that.

We have spent money in recent years and even paid a manager more than anyone else in the league. That is all because of the extra revenue from the stadium.

And Poch wasn't even here when Bergwjin came. Poch also didn't want Bruno, he wanted his fellow countryman Lo Celso.

Stop ranting about nonsense you don't know.
He might not know it , but logic would say neither do you know if what you are saying is true

No chicken and egg thing. Poch cried for a refresh way before the stadium build started. He earned that fresh talent was required. If Levy wanted to build something it should've been in a future team. No EPL team can go without any transfers and expect to challenge.

I think many fans are so used to seeing us challenge for top 4 and for a league position above Woolwich, they have become accustomed to believing we actually won something when we did

Wake Up!!!!! We haven't won anything for 20 years. It tells the whole story.
So where was the money to come from for a rebuild without getting more revenue?
Enic have always said that they want Spurs to be self sufficient and not have to rely on a benefactor that will put debt against the club plus interest.
Hence the stadium, debt now, to be paid of over a long period of time.
Using THFC money to pay for something that THFC will own, and will continue to generate more revenue, well after Enic are gone.
This has allowed us to spend £250m on players in the last 2 years, plus employ a manager (that I didn't want) on £15m a year.

You can criticise Levy for a whole range of things, but the stadium, in and of itself, isn't one of them.

Enic have always said that they want Spurs to be self sufficient and not have to rely on a benefactor that will put debt against the club plus interest.
Using THFC money to pay for something that THFC will own, and will continue to generate more revenue, well after Enic are gone.
This has allowed us to spend £250m on players in the last 2 years, plus employ a manager (that I didn't want) on £15m a year.

You can criticise Levy for a whole range of things, but the stadium, in and of itself, isn't one of them.

Covid is almost certainly a one off event in term of shut down, given the revenue of a usable stadium Joe could easily have leant us money with a bit of interest against future earnings. We know we should be sustainable but this is a one off.

deloitte-uk-dfml21-info-slide1.jpg

E0CnukJXoAMlNYn

TediousPositiveAmethystgemclam-max-1mb.gif

Did I hit a nerve?

We'll agree to disagree

No.... You didn't hit a nerve. I'm just calling BS for what it is. The fact that you need to result to strawmanning and ignoring chunks of what's been said to you (not just by myself either) is telling.

Covid is almost certainly a one off event in term of shut down, given the revenue of a usable stadium Joe could easily have leant us money with a bit of interest against future earnings. We know we should be sustainable but this is a one off.
Now that is fair but the point was about the stadium alone.

You really need to stop with the "Support Levy or support FC" BS.

Tottenham is Tottenham. The brand, the stadium, the players. All are one. There is no "business Tottenham" and "football Tottenham"

The stadium is to help out future as many have tried explaining to you already. We won't have a billion pound investor like Chelsea did. We need to grow the club long-term and the new stadium will do that.

We have spent money in recent years and even paid a manager more than anyone else in the league. That is all because of the extra revenue from the stadium.

And Poch wasn't even here when Bergwjin came. Poch also didn't want Bruno, he wanted his fellow countryman Lo Celso.

Stop ranting about nonsense you don't know.
Poch didn't want Bergwjin. Neither did Jose. Levy did. And guess what? Looks like we lost a few million on that one.

I don't understand how you can't see that we aren't in the business of playing football. We are in the business of building a football empire.

We have huge buildings with an absolutely shit team. The stadium had been prioritized over the team. Maybe you ok with that, I'm not.

Do you know any team in the EPL (with their smaller stadiums) that is in a more shit position than us. We have have become the laughing stock of the league. West Ham, Leicester, Woolwich, Wolves and host if others openly mock us. We fired a manager who is replacing the manager that was fired by his team, and who is now becoming our manager.

We had a serial winner wanting to join us but we claimed he wanted 3 Million too much for his coaching staff and wanted to keep Mason and King for him to work with. The other excuse was that he wanted a 100 million transfer budget.and couldn't afford it.

And you Ok with that? Seems you more of a fan of the badge than football. Football is like war. Do you really think we have the soldiers to win the war? Buy Don't worry we have nice looking buildings.

We had 250 million in the bank before the stadium was built, while owning nothing on white heart lane. It was used toward the new stadium.

What statement was that John? I must have missed it. Link?
Apologies for the source as I know him to be divisive as a blogger. The statement is also on the club website. But hard to grab a link to.

No.... You didn't hit a nerve. I'm just calling BS for what it is. The fact that you need to result to strawmanning and ignoring chunks of what's been said to you (not just by myself either) is telling.
Not at all. Some of us love Football. I'd rather watch a brilliant team play in a small stadium than a shitty team in a large stadium.

Not at all. Some of us love Football. I'd rather watch a brilliant team play in a small stadium than a shitty team in a large stadium.

Still with the bullshit..... You're clearly incapable of direct discussion.

Not one person here wants a shitty team.... Grow up.

And?
THFC money used to pay for THFC stadium.

Levy you swine.
Maybe you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

I will type a little slower....

I don't have an objection to the stadium. I have an injection to the fact that it was prioritized over the revamping the team. We didn't buy any players for more than one whole season, yet we could take 250 million and drop it in to the stadium.

I don't know if you understand how economics works. The value of the stadium has increased the value if fixed assets. As the club is owned in large by ENIC and the likes of Levy their monitory value has increased.

The squad is not as much of a fixed assets as players values increase and decrease (can be seen with Dele) dependent on the market. Property values are more stable and as a businessman it would be wiser to invest in improvements in your property in order to grow your net wealth.

We are fans (at least some if us are). I watch football, not stadiums. I want to see a team improve. If there is profits it is largely due to people like myself (whether you bought a Spurs Key ring or season tickets you have invested in something for Love). It pains that the investment I made has by large served the purpose of growing ENIC and Levys wealth over "My Football Club."

I don't know if you now understand. If not, I give up

Back
Top Bottom