Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Ali is going I'd be happy to lose Ndobby and GLC too, bring in better quality with the money.

Those 3 must be worth over 100 million.
Both could be great under a progressive manager though. I can't see us selling unless big money is offered, which seems unlikely given the lack of money about and other cheaper players in the market. If I was betting I'd say all three will be at the club in September.

Both could be great under a progressive manager though. I can't see us selling unless big money is offered, which seems unlikely given the lack of money about and other cheaper players in the market. If I was betting I'd say all three will be at the club in September.
Yeah true we'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt because more attack may well suit them much better, as with dare I say Aurier but I think he's on his way, His best is usually getting forward, he's actually good at it.

I think there are two problems with Zaniolo

- he is still recovering from a major injury
- he's not within our reach, as bigger clubs (like Juve) are after him. It's like Haaland: he won't come to us

It's been nothing as fa r as trophies is concerned. Getting to the CL final and being second in the PL isn't a nothing imo. We spent nearly 100 million on Ndobby & GLC, so it's hardly a nothing.

We don't all always get what we want I'm just saying in the long run the new stadium will have paid for itself and then inject money into the team.

Your options seem to be to accept it, be a negative supporter because of it, or find another team to support.

i don't agree that our downturn in form is because of the stadium, it's because Poch wasn't properly supported, our best AMF left, and because we hired a manager who has a negative style of play that doesn't suit our squad. Most of our players have played well in lots of different stadiums.
Ok.

1) You seem to be contradicting yourself slightly. Poch wasn't well supported..... By who? ......Daniel Levy (I think, as he was the one ultimately calling the shots). Why? .....Cause his primary objective was the stadium and the FC assets. (He decided to take all reserves and put it toward a massive stadium. Or do you know anyone, outside his sphere of influence, decide in the stadium?).

2) To me (and most people with a winning mentality, eg Macy's Rashford, second place is not a win it is a loss. Financially, it may be rewarding, but loosing a CL final is the same as loosing a CL quarter final. Coming second in the EPL is just that, loosing to the first place team. When the trophy has your name engraved on it and stands in the cabinet, that is when you have won. The rest means nothing.

3) If Jose played negative football, why did we have the second highest goals scored in the EPL? Why did we have the top goal scorer and top assist maker in our team? Why was the 4 the highest goal scorer (loosing by only 5 goals) also in our team.
He cried for new defenders and received only what (your favourite Chairman) Levy decided what he needed. I don't about negative but scoring goals isn't at all negative to me. Allowing goals in, is extremely negative to me. So I don't blame Poch or Jose. They both didn't receive any backing from (Drumroll.......) Levy. Why?…... He found it more important to build a massive stadium.

4) If you really find Ndombele and Lo Celso as great transfers in, Imagine how you would have felt if, .........Levy, who was trying to save a few Pennies, had bought Fernandes and Grealish, both requested for by Poch, for less than what he payed for Ndombele and Lo Celso.

So I don't know, for me, basic arithmetic, remove the common denominator, AKA Levy, and we would have had........

a) a smaller stadium without debt
b) a Kickass attacking Midfield and strike force (with or without negative football)

But hey, some if us strive for No 1, others are content with just finishing.

I think if we do the double exchange with City Jesus + Sterling + money = Kane

It might work out to be a good deal, if we get 50million to spend on a CB and second goal keeper, I think Loris is nearing retirement soon.

I think I would probably take Jesus, Sterling, and Ake for Kane.

Was wondering if I was far off on value, and on transfermarkt, Kane is valued at $132m, and the trio above is valued at a combined $146m ($45m for Sterling, $35m for Ake, and $66m for Jesus). So that's reasonably close.

Yeah true we'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt because more attack may well suit them much better, as with dare I say Aurier but I think he's on his way, His best is usually getting forward, he's actually good at it.
Honestly, I get very frustrated with Lo Celso but I do think a lot of it is down to how that squad had been trained in anti-football the last year and a half, he looked outstanding in the first half for Argentina the other night, there's definitely a very good player in there. Ndombele I wouldn't dream of moving on. I've had a few CL games of Fonseca's Shakhtar team on last night and this morning and I'm becoming a bit more encouraged. I think people forget we have lots of really good players and the style of play he employs should suit them.

Yeah, Aurier is what he is, he's not quite good enough to start for a side that wants to be near the top, but he's also about good enough that it's hard to replace him with somebody who'll definitely be better for a reasonable price. Don't think there's any guarantee Celik would be better than Aurier for example, hopefully Paratici has something up his sleeve concerning RB.

Ok.

1) You seem to be contradicting yourself slightly. Poch wasn't well supported..... By who? ......Daniel Levy (I think, as he was the one ultimately calling the shots). Why? .....Cause his primary objective was the stadium and the FC assets. (He decided to take all reserves and put it toward a massive stadium. Or do you know anyone, outside his sphere of influence, decide in the stadium?).

2) To me (and most people with a winning mentality, eg Macy's Rashford, second place is not a win it is a loss. Financially, it may be rewarding, but loosing a CL final is the same as loosing a CL quarter final. Coming second in the EPL is just that, loosing to the first place team. When the trophy has your name engraved on it and stands in the cabinet, that is when you have won. The rest means nothing.

3) If Jose played negative football, why did we have the second highest goals scored in the EPL? Why did we have the top goal scorer and top assist maker in our team? Why was the 4 the highest goal scorer (loosing by only 5 goals) also in our team.
He cried for new defenders and received only what (your favourite Chairman) Levy decided what he needed. I don't about negative but scoring goals isn't at all negative to me. Allowing goals in, is extremely negative to me. So I don't blame Poch or Jose. They both didn't receive any backing from (Drumroll.......) Levy. Why?…... He found it more important to build a massive stadium.

4) If you really find Ndombele and Lo Celso as great transfers in, Imagine how you would have felt if, .........Levy, who was trying to save a few Pennies, had bought Fernandes and Grealish, both requested for by Poch, for less than what he payed for Ndombele and Lo Celso.

So I don't know, for me, basic arithmetic, remove the common denominator, AKA Levy, and we would have had........

a) a smaller stadium without debt
b) a Kickass attacking Midfield and strike force (with or without negative football)

But hey, some if us strive for No 1, others are content with just finishing.
I didn't say Ndobby are GLC are great players but that we spend about 100 million on them with the new stadium.
The reason we scored so many goals under Jose is because of Kane

I'm not saying Levy is may favourite chairman or whatever, I just don't see the stadium is the problem for our downward turn in form.

I don't have time to answer your other points.

We had a smaller stadium for a long time, we were hardly ass kickers in it. It's made no difference 7th is quite a spursy position, maybe the new stadium will help with that in the future, rather than maintaining decades of the occasional FAcup success.

We had brilliant strikers but still won very little, we need a whole strong team on the long term.

Last edited:
I think I would probably take Jesus, Sterling, and Ake for Kane.

Was wondering if I was far off on value, and on transfermarkt, Kane is valued at $132m, and the trio above is valued at a combined $146m ($45m for Sterling, $35m for Ake, and $66m for Jesus). So that's reasonably close.
Yeah and if we get bids for Kane his price will go up.

I didn't say Ndobby are GLC are great players but that we spend about 100 million on them with the new stadium.
The reason we scored so many goals under Jose is because of Kane

I'm not saying Levy is may favourite chairman or whatever, I just don't see the stadium is the problem for our downward turn in form.

I don't have time to answer your other points.

We had a smaller stadium for a long time, we were hardly ass kickers in it. It's made no difference 7th is quite a spursy position, maybe the new stadium will help with that in the future, rather than maintaining decades of the occasional FA success.

We had brilliant strikers but still won very little, we need a whole strong team on the long term.
He invested more in a stadium. So Tottenham Assets grew, this means his share increased in value. He didn't spend on the team so the fans interests (Football and Spurs FC) has seen no growth.

The stadium is a business decision. It is for money. A football club should ultimately be there for the fans.

Na. I see it much like WWF. How can you call yourself world Champions when only your country plays.

Up until recently the WWE champ was Scottish. The current WWE US champ is Irish. Other champs have included Mexicans, Samoans, Puerto Ricans, Englishmen, Russains, Iranians, Bulgarian......

Ooops!:sonpoint:

Up until recently the WWE champ was Scottish. The current WWE US champ is Irish. Other champs have included Mexicans, Samoans, Puerto Ricans, Englishmen, Russains, Iranians, Bulgarian......

Ooops!:sonpoint:
I suppose that is why they have a world cup and it's been declared an Olympic sport.

He invested more in a stadium. So Tottenham Assets grew, this means his share increased in value. He didn't spend on the team so the fans interests (Football and Spurs FC) has seen no growth.

The stadium is a business decision. It is for money. A football club should ultimately be there for the fans.
The stadium was a business decision.
It is for money.
It's so that, Covid allowing, we can produce more money to invest in the team.

36k stadium, little or no extra events.
vs
62k stadium, lots of extra events.

It's a no brainer.

As I say he spent about £100m on Ndobby & GLC, and whatever it was that Docherty and Bergwijin cost.
So it's hardly the fact that the stadium had stopped transfer money,

We were never going to spend like Chelsea or City, but it might help us to maybe 10 yrs down the line.

I bet there's only a small handful of teams in the PL that have spent more on players, We should still also get a good few Million for Winks, Sissoko, Aurier.

Things aren't as bad as you might think but we've never been long term title contenders with or without the new stadium. (A couple of good seasons with Poch, and a good season with Harry as manager about 2010) . Since when? 1960s?

New stadium in the long term that might change.

Back
Top Bottom