Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't want him for a few reasons.

1. He is an absolute prick and don't want any scum associated with Liverpool
2. He will go to Liverpool the minute that Klopp leaves
3. He has very limited managerial experience and seems to rely on his assistants more than actually have any quality himself. Not the end of the world but 3 ok years at Rangers shouldn't be enough to have him coming to Spurs, If his name was Steve Johnson I doubt his CV is close to enough to get even mentioned for our job.

But really even if he had a more impressive CV I have zero interest in this cunt anywhere near our club at all.

Have you seen his Rangers play?

Some of your other objections seem pretty childish. Why is he an absolute prick?

Would you take the Liverpool scouting and analytics dept at Spurs? Would you take VVD, Mane, Fabinho, at Spurs?

Gerrard would be ok. Obvs it would be prep for Liverpool for him - not good - but he’s improved Rangers no end.

Don’t really see what the personality objections are? That he has a bit of an ego (they all do) and got into a bar fight once (again, in good company there).

What right man is there left to get lol

Well yeah, that’s the thing. I think we will live to regret what happened with Fonseca, he was nothing special but his approach matched up with ours.

Now we are down to the absolute dregs unless Levy decides to go after a manager who is currently in a job. Nuno is not an acceptable ending to this process, he’s just the last man standing who is currently unemployed. Couldn’t even convince Palace to hire him.

Have you seen his Rangers play?

Some of your other objections seem pretty childish. Why is he an absolute prick?

Would you take the Liverpool scouting and analytics dept at Spurs? Would you take VVD, Mane, Fabinho, at Spurs?

Only a little in Europa League.

Anyone associated with Liverpool is a prick, they are a disgusting club from the owners down to the disgusting fanbase.

No and No. No, No, No.

If our club has fallen to the level where we have to associate ourselves with the scum that comes from Liverpool we should just fold up shop. Yes Levy is horrible but at least he isn't Liverpool. There is not a more disgusting group of individuals in sports than anything associated with those pricks.

I watched a lot of Rangers Europa games last season and they played very exciting and entertaining football.
Rather have him than the last 3 candidates (Fonseca, Gattuso, Nuno). Granted, that's not saying much, but I think people are discounting what he did at Rangers far too much.

Yes, Scottish league is a joke, 2-horse race and so forth, but he took a team that was a real mess in a lot of ways and improved them dramatically every year he was in charge. Tactically he's grown a lot as well and gave that team an actual identity on the pitch.

Sure, whenever Klopp leaves he's probably going to Liverpool, but I'm not too concerned about losing a manager a few seasons down the road - we need someone that can right the ship and I think Gerrard could do that.

I don't give a fuck what sex/orientation a manager is, I just want them to be a great manager.

Honestly, I think the risk-reward is high and that's one reason Levy might be tempted. Massive global wave of female supporters would arrive overnight. Hayes looks to be an amazing manager and smarter than most we've been linked with.

Pros:

She's probably cheaper to buy out of her contract than male PL managers (experience aside, she should probably earn the same as whoever else we were going to get in - to avoid the obvious shit-storm).
She's an ex-US manager, probably got many eyes on here from her time over there.
She's usually the smartest person in the room.
I don't hate the idea of her, unlike everyone we are currently (still) linked with.
A gamble is all we have left.

Cons:

She's ex-Chelsea.
Nightmare fuel for sexists.
Papers will be waiting for us to fuck up. Both as a team and in the way we treat her.
Next, they will be wanting to vote and drive unaccompanied. Oh, the humanity!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Full Disclosure: I'm in love with her:

Another pro is that she actually is a Spurs fan....she did play for Woolwich though...

Back
Top Bottom