Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy has been talking about the Spurs DNA in his search for a manger to fit the Spurs DNA profile….and the go for Nagelsmann to Flick to Rodgers to Conte to Pochettino to Lopetegui to Ten Hag to Fonseca to Gattuso to Nuno to Gerrard…

Never has any club's DNA mutated so much, so fast in the history of any club in the whole world…and it’s still not over…
Like the covid variants

At this point I’d welcome Emma Hayes . Simply because it would put an end to this circus.

But further to that benefit I don’t subscribe to the tenet that just because women can’t compete with men on the field (generally at the top level), that they can’t hold their own on the touch line. To equate playing with managing is ridiculous. We all know that it’s VERY rare for a top player to make a top manager.

I really cannot see any reason why a female should not have all the relevant skills required to be a first class coach and or manager.

If the best candidate happens to have xx chromosomes then I say bring it on.

I’ve absolutely no idea if Emma Hayes has the necessary professional and personal (not biological) attributes, but if she does, the fact she’s a woman is not of concern to me.

At this point I’d welcome Emma Hayes . Simply because it would put an end to this circus.

But further to that benefit I don’t subscribe to the tenet that just because women can’t compete with men on the field (generally at the top level), that they can’t hold their own on the touch line. To equate playing with managing is ridiculous. We all know that it’s VERY rare for a top player to make a top manager.

I really cannot see any reason why a female should not have all the relevant skills required to be a first class coach and or manager.

I’ve absolutely no idea if Emma Hayes has the necessary professional and personal (not biological) attributes, but if she does, the fact she’s a woman is not of concern to me.
Good post.

Also, Levy appointing a woman as head coach at a top club would be great PR for him/ENIC, etc.

Yep, agree with all of this.

My main concern would be experience as a manager (rather than gender or playing experience).
Certain tactics may work in the WSL where players are not as quick or physically strong, but not on the men’s game.

Yep, agree with all of this.

My main concern would be experience as a manager (rather than gender or playing experience).
Certain tactics may work in the WSL where players are not as quick or physically strong, but not on the men’s game.
I’d agree with tactics not matching between the genders. However, you’d hope that a decent manager would realise that and adjust accordingly. Again, just because someone can’t do it doesn’t mean they can’t coach it.

Belgium beat Portugal. I think we gonna have to wait a little longer for our new manager.

To all those who blame Jose for our bad season, Do you think Belgium could've won with with any of Sanchez, Dier, Aurier, Davies, Doherty or Reggie in their defence today?

Yes

They would have also lost with Jose as their manager.

This is probably a controversial opinion but a woman would likely have no clue how to motivate a group of testosterone-fueled male footballers. It would be like getting told off by your mother - I don’t think feeling emasculated would be conducive to performance on the field.

Last edited:
This is probably a controversial opinion but a woman would likely have no clue how to motivate a group of testosterone fueled male footballers

200.gif

A PL club should not be the first club to appoint a woman, it sets them up for failure as they will not have the qualifications to do the job.

Even former star players with a full career playing in the PL go to lower teams to learn the game first. That is exactly what a woman who wants to manage in the PL at some point should do.

While there are similarities between mens and womens football there are a lot of differences as well. People have concerns about bringing in ETH from Ajax because of the Dutch League how can we realistically talk about bringing in someone from women's football when the greatest womens team would get destroyed by the worst Eredevsie team.

Belgium beat Portugal. I think we gonna have to wait a little longer for our new manager.

To all those who blame Jose for our bad season, Do you think Belgium could've won with with any of Sanchez, Dier, Aurier, Davies, Doherty or Reggie in their defence today?
They won with Toby, who he dropped, and Jan, who he didn’t play when he had him and let leave on a free?!😂

Back
Top Bottom