Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have said it before, but I think it's much easier for us to keep Sonny than Kane because he is a notch below the top level forwards. He is a very good player, but he isn't in the same bracket as the likes of Kane, Salah etc.

He's 28 and never hit 20 league goals in a single season. Before the season just gone (where he got 17 league goals) he'd never even hit 15 league goals in a season before. Again, I think he is a really good player, I'm not knocking him. I just think he is 'keepable' for us, as things stand.

He would have if he has penalty goals. Salah scored only 16 goals this season if u dont count penalties. In fact, Salah hasnt scored 20+ if you dont count penalties in the past 3 seasons. It's rather ridiculous to say Son is way below Salah's lvl when the stats say otherwise.

I have said it before, but I think it's much easier for us to keep Sonny than Kane because he is a notch below the top level forwards. He is a very good player, but he isn't in the same bracket as the likes of Kane, Salah etc.

He's 28 and never hit 20 league goals in a single season. Before the season just gone (where he got 17 league goals) he'd never even hit 15 league goals in a season before. Again, I think he is a really good player, I'm not knocking him. I just think he is 'keepable' for us, as things stand.
Mo is a fraud, Sonny is a better finisher. Never hit 20 goals in the league due to his lack of mins (injuries etc)

He would have if he has penalty goals. Salah scored only 16 goals this season if u dont count penalties. In fact, Salah hasnt scored 20+ if you dont count penalties in the past 3 seasons. It's rather ridiculous to say Son is way below Salah's lvl when the stats say otherwise.
I didn't say he is "way below" I said he is "a notch below" the likes of Kane/Salah. By your own metric, he is.

in 17/18, Salah hit 31 league goals if you don't count penalties (32 if you count them).
in 18/19 Salah hit 19 league goals if you don't count penalties (22 is you count them).
in 19/20 Salah hit 16 league goals if you don't count penalties (19 if you count them).
in 20/21 Salah hit 16 league goals if you don't count penalties (22 if you count them).

It was only really last season that saw a high amount of penalties for Salah.

Son's league goals over the same period:

17/18 - 12 league goals (no pens)
18/19 - 12 league goals (no pens)
19/20 - 11 league goals (no pens)
20/21 - 16 league goals if you don't count penalties (17 if you do).

I didn't say he is "way below" I said he is "a notch below" the likes of Kane/Salah. By your own metric, he is.

in 17/18, Salah hit 31 league goals if you don't count penalties (32 if you count them).
in 18/19 Salah hit 19 league goals if you don't count penalties (22 is you count them).
in 19/20 Salah hit 16 league goals if you don't count penalties (19 if you count them).
in 20/21 Salah hit 16 league goals if you don't count penalties (22 if you count them).

Would be interesting to see how many shots they had as well though, and how many goals were scored from those shots.

Last season was an anomaly for Son in terms of league goals, not the rule. I’d expect somewhere between 12-16 league goals from him in the upcoming season, a number I’m sure Salah will exceed, even excluding pens.

if Kane is gone he will get 20-25
if Levy cheapens out and doesn't get us a proper striker, sure. Otherwise, I'm not sure Son's league goal total will be all that different.

If last year proved anything, Son might find it a bit harder to get goals since Kane wouldn't be there to provide the perfect through balls.

Back
Top Bottom