Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right but I’m saying if you had one 80 million + rated winger to sign, would it be Son? Historically speaking, wingers are all but finished by 32 so he’s got a couple years left before Father Time will inevitably catch up

But who cares? We already have Son. Would it be worth us spending £150m on a 28 year old Kane? It doesn’t matter because we already have him.

My original post was in response to someone asking why no one has made an offer for Son in which I responded by implying that it’s because there are other younger options at or around that price.

I’m sure lots of teams have been interested in Son, but I think he also has no interest in leaving. He is very happy here and is loyal to us.

The reason we never hear transfer talk around him is because his people aren’t pushing it. He wants to stay at Tottenham and it seems like that’s well understood by other clubs.

I’m sure lots of teams have been interested in Son, but I think he also has no interest in leaving. He is very happy here and is loyal to us.

The reason we never hear transfer talk around him is because his people aren’t pushing it. He wants to stay at Tottenham and it seems like that’s well understood by other clubs.
Loyalty. He is a proud and honorable person. While he gets first team football, he will never betray Spurs.

I have said it before, but I think it's much easier for us to keep Sonny than Kane because he is a notch below the top level forwards. He is a very good player, but he isn't in the same bracket as the likes of Kane, Salah etc.

He's 28 and never hit 20 league goals in a single season. Before the season just gone (where he got 17 league goals) he'd never even hit 15 league goals in a season before. Again, I think he is a really good player, I'm not knocking him. I just think he is 'keepable' for us, as things stand.

Back
Top Bottom