****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Among Mancini's collaborators is a former Sampdoria, Fausto Salsano. Today he looks like Keith R. of the Rolling Stones 😂😂😂

salsano1.jpg

mancini_ansa_15giu21_07.jpg_982521881.jpg

Pickford is the only concern really, he is really looking unstable and vulnerable. The rest of the team is more than capable of beating Italy

You want to lose the final?

me thinks he doesnt like the exaggerated art of a Templar Knight ( maybe Hospitaller or even Teutonic.. one does not want to assume ones Order ) slaying an Muslim Arab .. probably Fatimids...

Whereas we are playing Italy, whom to my knowledge.. would not be the oppressed in your original post.

JUST MY TWO CENTS

me thinks he doesnt like the exaggerated art of a Templar Knight ( maybe Hospitaller or even Teutonic.. one does not want to assume ones Order ) slaying an Muslim Arab .. probably Fatimids...

Whereas we are playing Italy, whom to my knowledge.. would not be the oppressed in your original post.

JUST MY TWO CENTS

Oppressed? The crusades were in defence anyway (but let's not get into it) and besides, I was just being playful.

Well done Southgate and the squad. I say that because the easy but wrong thing to do would be to view the outcome of the final as success or failure.

If you can always go at least one step further then it's progress and Southgate is doing it.

Unfashionable and unfavoured. Not a big name or someone who managed one of the big clubs and possibly graced by a lot of good players add a time when other European nations are in transition but he is doing all that can be asked.

I said from the quarter-finals that the worst team for us would be Italy but no matter. They have lost key players and another undoubted bit of luck in a whole tournament is that we haven't.

The stars have aligned and it just looks very positive. You saw last night that we were the better side but we also got sone very iffy decisions.

I think Italy would have to play add a level I don't think they are capable to win, but regardless Southgate deserves much praise.

I know that but we are not playing the final at 3am. 8 fucking pm is the latest we can go and it's likely due to the fact there will be a bigger US audience.

Perhaps European TV rights are more at 9pm-11pm but I doubt it.

It will be £££ driven.
What I'm saying is that is pretty standard operating procedure for events to start at 8pm and its likely not for the American audience. The ratings in the US for the EURO are not super significant, with 1.8 million viewers. The NBA finals got 6.4 million viewers as a comparison.

If it goes to penalties..... I don't think we win.

Pickford v Donnarumma

Going to have to get this wrapped up inside 90/120 minutes I think.

Put them in the corners and it doesn't matter who's in goal. For me penalties are more about the players than the keepers, who you have taking them, though it obviously helps having a presence in goal.

At least we don't have David De Gea.

What I'm saying is that is pretty standard operating procedure for events to start at 8pm and its likely not for the American audience. The ratings in the US for the EURO are not super significant, with 1.8 million viewers. The NBA finals got 6.4 million viewers as a comparison.
We don't live in America, it's not standard for Europe hence people questioning it's time.

Not super significant (will bring in £££) but uefa would want to grow it.

Most likely reason is the US market, that's not a criticism on Americans, as you seem to be taking it, but on uefa. In Europe that's 11 finish, not ideal for the kids and not the norm.

I think this game is crying out for Henderson myself. I think he's been quietly excellent every time he's come on. Clearly he's 100% fit now. Phillips has done well overall but I just think Henderson at his best offers a little more. Hard to drop Phillips though in the biggest game after he has started every game I suppose as he's done nothing wrong. Mount has been quieter than I would have liked, at least with the ball. He's a real goal threat for Chelsea but hasn't really looked like scoring at all for us this tournament.
Sorry this is just a wrong take for me. Philips has been ridiculously good at taking the ball on the half turn and in tight spaces. He covers way more ground and has mobility Henderson does not, I have watched England games where Henderson has been part of an England midfield that got bypassed. Philip's has been remarkable. Henderson is a brave and dogged very good bloke and now an inferior player to Philips. To drop either of the central two would be nuts. I expect he will have a role to play but it us firmly as understudy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom