Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah I think he likes football more than Rose ever did. Even if he stayed he'd do his limited best have good games and stinkers with little room in between and thats whats wrong with him. I believe he goes but I'd not be shocked if NES got a tune out of him
I hope you're right but personally i think he needs to be sold and if he isn't then that is a failure of Paritici. I thought the whole point of bringing him in was to get deals done and not have everything reliant on Levy's negotiating anymore but if we can't offload Serge, nothing is really changing here.

Don’t mind Serge, he’s a useful player at times and has imho received a bit too much stick from the fan base.

But we must get players off our books this summer, and he is one we could let go.

Other clubs generally don’t mess about getting people off the wage bill

Other clubs generally don’t mess about getting people off the wage bill

This is a silly comment.

For every selling club there needs to be a buying club and vice-versa..... What you suggest would essentially mean all business is complete within the first 2 weeks of the trf window.

This is a silly comment.

For every selling club there needs to be a buying club and vice-versa..... What you suggest would essentially mean all business is complete within the first 2 weeks of the trf window.
No it wouldn’t - bit of a straw man there. I’m just a bit concerned at the lack of movement out, for various reasons. Not least our track record in this area.

We’ve suffered from lack of squad churn in the last few years. Too many of the same old faces on the wage bill when we need to freshen it up. Doesn’t surprise me that the intelligent clubs like Leeds are making progress on this front.

I wouldn’t expect us to complete all of our sales at this stage either, but I would expect at least some stories in the media of us trying to offload a few players to other clubs.

We’ve also got a track record of leaving it right until the last minute with both sales and purchases which scupper deals happening.

We’ve got a lot of deadwood to shift as well so need to be getting on with this.

Probably more to add but I’ll let this guy say it for me

No it wouldn’t - bit of a straw man there.

Not really.... See the line that I quoted.

I’m just a bit concerned at the lack of movement out, for various reasons. Not least our track record in this area.
We’ve suffered from lack of squad churn in the last few years. Too many of the same old faces on the wage bill when we need to freshen it up. Doesn’t surprise me that the intelligent clubs like Leeds are making progress on this front.

I have no idea about Leeds's deadwood.....

I'd hazard that most EPL clubs have done little to no business so far tho.

I wouldn’t expect us to complete all of our sales at this stage either, but I would expect at least some stories in the media of us trying to offload a few players to other clubs.

I've seen links/stories regarding Winks, Serge, Sissoko, Lamela here thus far.... Now the Copa & Euros are all but over hopefully we'll see even more.

Meanwhile we've be linked to a shit load of players.....

We’ve also got a track record of leaving it right until the last minute with both sales and purchases which scupper deals happening.

We’ve got a lot of deadwood to shift as well so need to be getting on with this.

I think 8 days since the window officially opened we can afford to be a little calmer than this.

We also do plenty of our business before the last week of the window so let's no over-egg things.

Probably more to add but I’ll let this guy say it for me

Who is this? .....Any particular reason I should give a shit about him?

Not really.... See the line that I quoted.

I have no idea about Leeds's deadwood.....

I'd hazard that most EPL clubs have done little to no business so far tho.

I've seen links/stories regarding Winks, Serge, Sissoko, Lamela here thus far.... Now the Copa & Euros are all but over hopefully we'll see even more.

Meanwhile we've be linked to a shit load of players.....

I think 8 days since the window officially opened we can afford to be a little calmer than this.

We also do plenty of our business before the last week of the window so let's no over-egg things.

Who is this? .....Any particular reason I should give a shit about him?
I wouldn’t expect us to have it all wrapped up by now but would expect more movement than has occurred.

I guess where we part company is I have less confidence in our transfer strategy than you do - especially after the last few years. Hoping Paratici can pull a few rabbits out of a few hats on that one.

This gives you an idea of what others are up to - in fact most EPL clubs are cracking on with their business.

I wouldn’t expect us to have it all wrapped up by now but would expect more movement than has occurred.

I guess where we part company is I have less confidence in our transfer strategy than you do - especially after the last few years. Hoping Paratici can pull a few rabbits out of a few hats on that one.

It's not about how much faith I have; just that you're getting your knickers in a twist after 8 days.

This gives you an idea of what others are up to - in fact most EPL clubs are cracking on with their business.

1st on list... Gooners:

In: Zero
Seniors sold: Zero

:harrysmile:

.......Most of the outgoing players listed at all clubs are expired loans or expired contracts.

This really doesn't back up your "most clubs" claim at all.

It's not about how much faith I have; just that you're getting your knickers in a twist after 8 days.

1st on list... Gooners:

In: Zero
Seniors sold: Zero

:harrysmile:
Except I’m not - I’m not exactly annoyed by any of this. I just don’t have great confidence in the club atm. Did I um and ah about my precious season ticket even. But did it out of probably misplaced loyalty.

As for the Goons - what are they are a model for nowadays? About the only thing that cheered me up last season is they were an even bigger basket case than us!

Except I’m not - I’m not exactly annoyed by any of this. I just don’t have great confidence in the club atm. Did I um and ah about my precious season ticket even. But did it out of probably misplaced loyalty.

Getting a bit off track here mate.....

As for the Goons - what are they are a model for nowadays? About the only thing that cheered me up last season is they were an even bigger basket case than us!

They were 1st on the list..... I didn't hold them up as a model of anything (I already stated this)....

I repeat:

"...Most of the outgoing players listed at all clubs are expired loans or expired contracts.

This really doesn't back up your "most clubs" claim at all."

Back
Top Bottom