****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate this bit when you’ve slept on it, wake up and the enormity of the missed opportunity really begins to sink in. Very similar feeling to waking up in Madrid after our Champions League final (though that felt even worse and haunts me to this day and probably for ever) The realisation of how difficult it is to get to a major final, let alone win it makes the pain so much worse.
I doubt Tottenham will contest another CL Final in my lifetime (approaching my 59th year) it certainly feels like a remote prospect just now.Hopefully England can go one better in Qatar. Whatever happens I am remarkably proud of this England team and thank them for fantastic efforts in this tournament .
Now back to domestic issues, not long until the Man City game (and first ever game in Europa Conference League before that!!!!) COYS!!!

I agree, but it’s no way as bad as the champions league final defeat. A bit of my love for football died that night and I haven’t been the same since. I’m still not over that defeat and don’t think I ever will be. It was a once in a lifetime chance. This England team is good enough to get to another final, we weren’t.

Looking on the bright side, Southgate and his penalty takers should get anothe pizza advert out of this.

sRePOl3.jpg

Feels rubbish this morning. So disappointed in the result. Just two observations on the Match.

Fast start and then hanging on. Why does this happen a lot with England. When 1-0 up early you play like it’s 0-0 surely ?

Lots of hiding behind “youth” and how when this crop mature we will do something, ignoring the fact that Italy had a 34 & 36 year old at the back and they utterly bossed it game after game. It’s not always about being “young” especially at International level.

My observation is the same one I've been making since I started watching the national side. Centerforward, check. Wideforwards check, Centerhalfs, check. Fullbacks, check. Crazy short keeper check. No controlling center midfielder player in fifty-five years. No Pirlo, Jorgihino, KDB. Just can not produce one and it kills us. Still some of the racist drunken knuckle daggers make it very hard for me to care. As someone said that night in Madrid now that really hurt.

I hope that this generation of supporters. ( the ones that watched the fights, breached the gates, boooed wvery anthem and left a everythink in their path a mess) never see england win a trophy in their lifetime. Im a spurs fan and been living here for a decade and I just dont understand how this lot can behave like this around their own children and wifes. Ive been to NLD where there was tension but there was also sportsmanship. But for national football england fans are the lowest of the low.

My observations.

- Henderson is done: never had enough skill but was always dynamic, lost that now.

- Rice and Philips are good but we need different midfielders to complement.

- on that note England badly need Bellingham to mature and become the deep lying playmaker his talent clearly shows he can be.

- Southgate got the defensive side of the game sorted, we look hard to break down.

- Southgates use of Grealish, Foden and Sancho however was woeful. Against someone smart like Italy you need mercurial players and Grealish put us back in control of the game when he came on, should have been on around 60-70 mins when we got pegged back badly.

Italian family on the estate where I live giving it large on social media and driving around horns beeping and flag waving after game. Some chav rats have put their house windows in as well as their cars.

Petty as fuck but reap what you sow.

Basically this team needs a playmaker, badly. And it isn't Foden or Grealish.
English football doesn't produce players like Jorginho or Verratti because of the way it is taught from small kids all the way up. The last one I can think of was Carrick. Those kinds of players are not valued or encouraged in the English game which is based on different principles.

Foden could definitely do it, he would have to play there for City though, most likely instead of Gundogan week in week out.

Basically this team needs a playmaker, badly. And it isn't Foden or Grealish.

We could have KDB and still fail. Grealish and Foden are good enough for City and Pep, they should be good enough for us. Southgate has done well this tournament defensively but I worry we don’t know how to use attacking players as well as we should.

Italian family on the estate where I live giving it large on social media and driving around horns beeping and flag waving after game. Some chav rats have put their house windows in as well as their cars.

Petty as fuck but reap what you sow.
Are they not allowed celebrate their country winning the euros?? Lock themselves into their house i suppose and say nothing

Back
Top Bottom