Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs are under much more pressure than City.

If City don't buy Kane they have a multitude of options and a squad that won the League going away while winning another Cup and being Cl finalists.

Spurs are left with a weak squad and an unhappy star player.

We shouldn't cave in to whatever they want but I think people are being a little hopeful in our situation if Kane stays an unhappy Kane is not a good situation for us to have for next season.
City aren't under any pressure, but neither are Spurs. They can make Kane be a ball boy for 3 years. Would it be smart? No, because he'd be a very expensive ball boy. Can they do it? Yes, because he's under contract for 3 years.

Even if he stays now, it's surely the end of him as vice captain.

Whatever happens he has absolutely tarnished his legacy here.

What a stupid bloke.
When it’s all said and done. Money makes a fool of loyalty, integrity and legacy. Kane might increase his chances of winning a trophy at City. But he does not guarantee he will. So the move is all about Money.

Very disappointing NBA style move. Not winning titles so you "take your talents" to Manchester City. And what does it prove if he goes there and wins? Nothing much because you're going to a team which can finish top four every year just on the strength of their financials. If he had a deal with Levy to be allowed to leave Spurs then it should be honored but not to go to another Premier League team. Let him go anywhere in Europe he wants but not to a major competitor. If they feel like they have to allow Kane to exit it might be in their better interest to allow him to go to a European team for less than they could get from Manchester City. And if he's offered the chance to go to the continent and doesn't want to then he can stay and help Spurs build back. Henry VIII believed in "the divine right of kings" but there's no "divine right of Manchester City" to their choice of the best players under contract to other squads.

They have an agreement alright.

It's called a contract. It spells out all of the legal terms of the agreement such that neither party can claim to be confused.
That's not really right, though. I'm pretty sure Charlie Kane will claim to be confused because he seems to be as useful as a third nipple.

City aren't under any pressure, but neither are Spurs. They can make Kane be a ball boy for 3 years. Would it be smart? No, because he'd be a very expensive ball boy. Can they do it? Yes, because he's under contract for 3 years.

You are right if Spurs don't care about their position in the table or success they are under no pressure.

From what I’ve seen, (only media, I’m not claiming any ITK here) he was due to take a Covid test today and start training tomorrow. This could be media BS in the light of pretty weak news worthy or reporting elsewhere. If he is in tomorrow and all blows over then fine. If not he needs to be told no move whatever offer this year. Three years is a lot of contract and player power needs jumping on wherever possible. Such a shame if it goes that way but my only concern is the club. Fuck Citeh and fuck Harry, if that is the case.
I'm inclined to think the same. Guess we'll find out tomorrow hoping they have practise every day.

...and if we'd stumped up a coupla million more a few years back.... they COULDA been playing together, with SPURS!!!
.Imagine that..... Grealish, Son, Kane.... Fuck my old boots sideways!
We were 2 million away from that happening. Fortunately we rather invested a few million more and got Ndombele.

:levylol:

I don’t see how he can reverse course now. He’s going to have to stay away from training until a move happens or the window closes, far too embarrassing to come crawling into the training ground now.

If he thinks this behaviour is going to reduce the price he’s mad, if anything this will only increase it. Every day he refuses to show up should add another £5m to the price.
On a serious level, has there been any official contact from Spurs or Kane. If he has thrown his toys out of the pram, then fuck him, i love him but fuck him. I think there's more to this. Just doesn't seem like him but what the fuck do i know? Im a Yid now and forever if he goes ill look back with nothing but love, but i wont forgive the fucker for going out like this.

He is worth alot more than 1 Grealish & 1 Ben White everyone can agree on that surely?
What every and anyone can agree on, or should agree on, is that this madness of £100/£200 mill players is destroying the national game; It’s first and foremost a working mans game brought about by working men-most of whom are priced out of football today-especially pensioners,and thats the reality.

Instead today we have supporters fixated with monopoly money figures- openly expounding that this bloke or that bloke is worth X hundred million or Y hundred million - it’s pathetic. What ever happened to getting behind your team- the team being those that want to be there rather than worrying about someone that wants out and these fanciful sums of money?

I’ve got to the point that I really want him to leave and also want him to be successful. The one and only thing that could turn me against Harry Kane would be for him to wear either the Chelsea or Woolwich shirt.

Is it? How'd we do as a team last season without this mess hanging above us? Are we much different so as to suggest we will be getting top 4? Are the teams around us seemingly better? Not even remotely a 'big if' as I see it.

No we do not and nor have I suggested that. But you do find a reasonable price and try to bring the situation to an amicable ending so as not to hamper your new season. I'm sure we'll be hearing about lessons learned again next spring.

And I've laid out multiple reasons why keeping the player that wants out is not remotely good for the club...and that's why players get their moves by utilizing their leverage ie holding out.

We should sell him for what the market of 1 team will bear. Simple. If City is offering 100M then that is the deal available to be made. We are going nowhere with him and looking at another midtable finish. Better to sell and rebuild and improve our prospects going forward.

And yes, we should have been prepared to sell him for the last few seasons...and any other player with interest.

...and there is only City now. Hard to drive up the price if a club is not interested in outbidding themselves. And BTW we knew for a few seasons that Eriksen wanted out and was not going to renew. DL created that whole mess by not moving him on earlier. We were not blindsided and nothing you mention here actually mattered in his case.

Nope, he was always great. And he was the exception to the sulking player that didn't get his move...

...which is why I mention the artcle. To show you how dangerous it can be to predicate decisions based on exceptions to rules.
Ok so the nuts and bolts of this is you think we should sell for one price and I think we should ask for more than City value Grealish. We disagree.

If Kane only wants City it's irrelevant how many clubs bid for him. This isn't an auction, they want Kane, Spurs don't want to sell - they need to pay the asking price or look elsewhere. They're not out bidding themselves but deciding if they want to pay the asking price.

As for Mod he's the only example of a prized asset with years left on his contract, who wanted out and was wanted by a wealthy club who we made stay. The only one. Worked out pretty well and he went abroad too for a big fee so not really the exception.

Sold Berbs went backwards, same with Bale. Are we going anywhere without him? Again it's about what we value the player at first and foremost. One minute Levy is accused of penny pinching on signings, next minute he should selling Kane for less than he's worth. Not for me . 50 or 60 million more is massive and the club should be holding out for it.

Eriksen was handled badly but it was a different situation as I've already explained.

Honestly the Guardian article is irrelevant, not being rude, but it's not convincing me of anything to do with this as you would like it too.

You would've sold Kane maybe a year or two ago but the damage that would've been done to the club would've been massive in my opinion. Would've damaged our reputation and probably led to our managers walking out not to mention players. Affected recruitment too and destroyed morale amongst staff and fans. Especially as the player wasn't wanting a move. It's no way to run a club in my opinion.

We won't agree on this but I enjoyed the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom