Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm no Enic or Levy apologist, but playing devils advocate here we have been in multiple semi finals and finals in their tenure, fallen just short many times and have invested money in the team. We spent 100m on Gio and NDombele combined among other players, and that's recent. Our scouting and investment has been dog shit, that's for sure.
It is a tricky one though because, by all accounts, those two were players Poch explicitly wanted.

For what it's worth I think we're probably onto a much better system now with the player acquisitions being above (but with the permission of) Nuno.

Totally agree but part of it is not identifying problems early enough and the 18 months without signing anyone was a disaster.
Absolutely, and with the benefit of hindsight, exactly why we are in this situation now. Poch knew the team was fucked and it's only been in the last year or so that most of those teams have started to be moved on. The majority of the squad that Poch felt were fucked are still here.

So we can just show future players if you don't get your move breach your contract without handing in a formal transfer request and you get you way? No chance

Everyone says we should act like a big club and stop being a bitch, tell him he's worth more than Grealish & Ben White, at this moment close to £200mil he is worth realistically in the football worth

I don't understand the logic in giving City a discount

130million get right on the blower yes.yes,yes then speed dial inter Milan they’re desperate for cash they’ve one or two strikers that could do a job :thumbup:

If City don't pay what is required, Kane will have an almighty climbdown to make and will need to have another exceptional season to get the move next year. Downing tools just isn't going to cut it.

The whole thing seems to have been horrendously managed by "Kane's Team"
Clearly 4D chess to make us all happy to see the back of him. Like deliberately getting into arguments to make a breakup easier.

steve stoute page GIF

From Eccleshare's newest Athletic piece:

"A replacement striker is not on managing director of football Fabio Paratici’s list of targets (though they do admire Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic), and Kane’s leverage remains minimal since he has three years left on his contract. The club did not comment publicly about the situation on Monday as they consider it an internal matter. They plan to hit Kane with a substantial fine if he continues not to report for pre-season duties. And under the terms of his contract, The Athletic understands that Spurs could start an internal disciplinary procedure and then potentially sanction Kane according to the club’s conduct rules."

It is a tricky one though because, by all accounts, those two were players Poch explicitly wanted.

For what it's worth I think we're probably onto a much better system now with the player acquisitions being above (but with the permission of) Nuno.
Remains to be seen, I think it'll take a while before we see the real fruits of Paratici's work, but early noises are positive, IMO.

It’s just about the price now. Of course the club are pretending that they won’t sell to a domestic club but that’s just posturing, if we can get the deal we want then we will sell. Kane’s terrible behaviour has turned the fans against him and most will be accepting of his sale at this point. Levy will easily be able to win the PR war over this transfer if we get huge money plus Laporte or Bernardo.

No player is bigger than the club, not even Harry Kane. Once a player shits on their team like this there’s no turning back, I don’t want to see him play for us again. The only players in our squad should be ones that want to play for Tottenham.

Every single quality player has left Spurs to win loads of trophies - Kane will be no different

Time to move on and re-invest the money well

Some have and of course, given the teams they have gone to. It is less the going and more the means.

Not to turn up for work and to be this so called Spurs fan and England captain. Shameful behaviour.

And ultimately this. City must pay what WE want and NOT simply what they want to pay.

Sell the fcuker but at a price we are content with.

And at least Berbatov left after bringing us a trophy because he turned up when it mattered.

It's that Shearer goalscoring record though that he's got his sights on. Unfortunately I can't see him wanting to move to another league.
To get that record, he's going to have to have another good few exceptional years - therefore he can't afford to down tools for a year if he doesn't move to another club this window.

The risk at the moment is all his.

It’s just about the price now. Of course the club are pretending that they won’t sell to a domestic club but that’s just posturing, if we can get the deal we want then we will sell. Kane’s terrible behaviour has turned the fans against him and most will be accepting of his sale at this point. Levy will easily be able to win the PR war over this transfer if we get huge money plus Laporte or Bernardo.

No player is bigger than the club, not even Harry Kane. Once a player shits on their team like this there’s no turning back, I don’t want to see him play for us again. The only players in our squad should be ones that want to play for Tottenham.
Terrible behaviour? You have no idea the promises I'm sure that snake has made him.

Posturing is turning the fans against him before they do what they always wanted to, sell him for a massive profit.

I'm just in disbelief that he would do this to be honest, never thought of him in this light

I hope we aren't a shithouse of a club and request what he is worth to us, a world record fee or he stays, fine him the maximum as long as he keeps this shit up

Want to continue to be a cunt during the season? Enjoy the reserves

Unfortunately I get the feeling that he isn’t the smartest and his bother comes across as a dodo. He is being advised by idiots most likely and it could all blow up in his face unless City or even United rescue him with a huge bid.

Messi wiggles his arse and they drop all plans for Kane last summer......They don't even want you that badly Harry; silly boy.

Back
Top Bottom