Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not a case of agreeing a price. It’s a case of City paying our valuation. No negotiation needed here. They want him that badly, they can pay the price. That’s all there is to it.

It's amazing isn't it...... Compare to the attitude towards us being cunts for not wanting to pay the asking price for Romero.

You "know" they've broken verbal promises? How?

Surely not because the Red tops told you so?
I thought must Spurs were aware of Levy backing out of promises before and why are so many calling for him and Lewis to leave think because?

In case you did not know it ....players & staff sign agreements with clubs that won't allow them to speak of what's going on behind the curtain.

Former Spurs boss Jose Mourinho feels "misled" about the path of projects he has taken up in the past which could point to Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
Mourinho was appointed at Tottenham in 2019 but was sacked after 17 months in charge during a disappointing campaign for the Londoners.
The self-proclaimed Special One is now in charge at Roma and has been speaking about some of his old clubs.
He told GQ Portugal : "I make mistakes sometimes, I haven't always chosen the right project, or I may have been misled about the path of some projects.
"I've made mistakes or I've been led in a dishonest way into accepting what I shouldn't have, but in the end it's all the same.
"These aren't my words, they were said by someone who was much more important than me: Whoever has goals and drive, will never grow older.
"I still can't believe that I have 30 years of experience in professional football, or that I am 58 years old, because I am always renewing my motivation."

From Eccleshare's newest Athletic piece:

"A replacement striker is not on managing director of football Fabio Paratici’s list of targets (though they do admire Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic), and Kane’s leverage remains minimal since he has three years left on his contract. The club did not comment publicly about the situation on Monday as they consider it an internal matter. They plan to hit Kane with a substantial fine if he continues not to report for pre-season duties. And under the terms of his contract, The Athletic understands that Spurs could start an internal disciplinary procedure and then potentially sanction Kane according to the club’s conduct rules."
Just a fact: Bale also had 3 years left on his contract when he - by, among other means, kipped training - managed to force a move to Real Madrid...

I bet Levy couldn't believe his luck yesterday when Kane didn't show up.

In one move, Kane has put all of the fans negativity on his back and given Levy a 'get out of jail' free card.

Levy can sit back and look the fans in the eyes and say "we refused to sell.... But Kane made the position untenable....."

Round one to Levy

Tired of this now and I don't want this rumbling on until deadline day, overshadowing preparation for the season and delaying the time to get a replacement in.
Either Kane is gone for an English record fee or we are left with an unhappy player. Yes we can hold him to his contract, but to those who believe he will remain professional it is one thing said, another thing done. If his heart isn't in it with the fine margins in top level sport he won't be the same player.
Take the £130m and let's move on and prepare for the season ahead

Terrible behaviour? You have no idea the promises I'm sure that snake has made him.

Posturing is turning the fans against him before they do what they always wanted to, sell him for a massive profit.

You not think it odd that while all this stuff leaks (floods!) out; no-one knows what was in this fabled gentleman's agreement?

Tired of this now and I don't want this rumbling on until deadline day, overshadowing preparation for the season and delaying the time to get a replacement in.
Either Kane is gone for an English record fee or we are left with an unhappy player. Yes we can hold him to his contract, but to those who believe he will remain professional it is one thing said, another thing done. If his heart isn't in it with the fine margins in top level sport he won't be the same player.
Take the £130m and let's move on and prepare for the season ahead
Frankly, he'll still do a good enough - enough being operative - job because he's clearly motivated by EPL individual records as much as team trophies. Why else city and only city? He's not guaranteed to score for fun anywhere else in the EPL because no team has that much creativity in their mid.

130 is a slap in the face. 150 or nothing. Harry can get benched if he doesn't play well enough. We'll be fine with Son leading the line and Gil dribbling defences into madness.

Honestly, I’m getting sick of Kane if this is his attitude. I’m no fan of Levy but why should he sell Kane to City for a cut rate price?

Fuck those UAE oil-princes that own Man City. They literally did nothing to earn their enormous wealth and power. At least Roman had to struggle and use strong-arm tactics to get his money.

It's just sickening really. The only specific anger I had when that Neville interview came out was the timing (let the fucking season end, eh Harry?) and that he knew Sky would be having a field day all week with it.

Beyond that though, I've said on here that I can't be a hypocrite and lament how much of a fucking shambles we'd become over the last two years but then expect Kane not to notice the same thing. If he'd behaved as Grealish currently is then a lot of us can understand the desire to move on, as long as the price is right. And, hell, you'd think he'd also be on board with us getting a boat load of money if possible.

Oh, and it's so painfully obvious that there has been some kind of briefing from Kane's side in the Athletic article. Oh boo fucking hoo, there was annoyance over self isolating when you came back from the Bahamas last summer. Such a weird thing to include otherwise.
This kind of sums it up for me, in line with what you have said too.

Interesting that you feel Kane's camp briefed parts of that piece, I feel it's the complete opposite, that Spurs are the one's briefing about him turning up late last pre-season (wasn't reported at the time) as it points to an example to his is ambivalence towards the Club. It was only yesterday that we learned that PEH and Lo Celso had come back EARLIER than they should have this season!!! Contrast the two, what will end up sitting well with supporters?

So according to The Athletic Levy will only sell for £150m and that's to a team abroad - an English team will need to shell out more.

I think that's just posturing but I wouldn't put it past Levy to stick to his guns and Kane stays another season.

In reality I think he would take 150m from City too. It will just depend how it arrives: 100m plus Laporte? 125m and Ake?

It will need to be a deal that Levy can realistically argue has put the squad in a better position.

If true that City have only bid 100m or 60m plus a player that's an insult and all the weirdos on here that think we need to accept that need to get their head checked.

Frankly, he'll still do a good enough - enough being operative - job because he's clearly motivated by EPL individual records as much as team trophies. Why else city and only city? He's not guaranteed to score for fun anywhere else in the EPL because no team has that much creativity in their mid.

130 is a slap in the face. 150 or nothing. Harry can get benched if he doesn't play well enough. We'll be fine with Son leading the line and Gil dribbling defences into madness.
Not really.

Why do ourselves out of £130million and stick a player on the bench when we could use the money to rebuild the squad.

Put it like this : If there is genuine confidence in Paratici and Nuno, sell Kane and whoever else and give them the money to totally rebuild the squad.

Sooner or later we'll lose our safety blanket and need to find someone else. Isn't it better to do it with as much money in the bank as possible?

So according to The Athletic Levy will only sell for £150m and that's to a team abroad - an English team will need to shell out more.

I think that's just posturing but I wouldn't put it past Levy to stick to his guns and Kane stays another season.

In reality I think he would take 150m from City too. It will just depend how it arrives: 100m plus Laporte? 125m and Ake?

It will need to be a deal that Levy can realistically argue has put the squad in a better position.

If true that City have only bid 100m or 60m plus a player that's an insult and all the weirdos on here that think we need to accept that need to get their head checked.
I think it's posturing - we will sell to Man City if we can get the fee we want. But yes it needs to be a deal that works for us and we can argue realistically improved the team.

Not really.

Why do ourselves out of £130million and stick a player on the bench when we could use the money to rebuild the squad.

Put it like this : If there is genuine confidence in Paratici and Nuno, sell Kane and whoever else and give them the money to totally rebuild the squad.

Sooner or later we'll lose our safety blanket and need to find someone else. Isn't it better to do it with as much money in the bank as possible?
130 million when people know you have 130 million isn't a lot at all in today's market. We would be lucky to get two talented up and comers, neither of which would be even near a guaranteed "world class" player in the future.

Liverpool invested the Coutinho money wisely. But they got paid fair market value.

We got paid fair market value for Bale. Sure we squandered it, but it was fair.

This is not ENIC’s fault. They built a team who took us to levels we had not seen in the previous 25 years. Champions League final and 2nd in the league was places we haven’t been In my lifetime. The credit for this doesn’t just fall on Poch and Kane, For people who don’t see ENIC as part of that are delusional.

This kind of sums it up for me, in line with what you have said too.

Interesting that you feel Kane's camp briefed parts of that piece, I feel it's the complete opposite, that Spurs are the one's briefing about him turning up late last pre-season (wasn't reported at the time) as it points to an example to his is ambivalence towards the Club. It was only yesterday that we learned that PEH and Lo Celso had come back EARLIER than they should have this season!!! Contrast the two, what will end up sitting well with supporters?

It absolutely was reported at the time that he turned up late last pre season.

Harry Kane in quarantine and out of Tottenham training after Bahamas trip

Harry Kane defends decision to stay in the Bahamas which caused him to miss the start of Tottenham's pre-season

Of course we kept our irritation private, but it was widely reported that he chose to stay in the Bahamas and finish his holiday rather than return early to avoid quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom