Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'll not be looking for a ticket should we reach the final then?
I won't even be watching it, fuck that. We should refuse to play in it.

Fuck UEFA..why didn't they just create an extra place for the Europa league if they are so desperate to get more teams in Europe? There's a hundred fucking games in that already a few more isn't going to make any difference.

Fuck UEFA..why didn't they just create an extra place for the Europa league if they are so desperate to get more teams in Europe? There's a hundred fucking games in that already a few more isn't going to make any difference.
Ok.

You won't mind if I quote this, just for future reference.

Honestly if people think it’s shit I have no problem with that. It means they won’t be wanting a ticket if we get to the final and gives those that do care a chance.
Personally having seen very little in the way of trophies since I started supporting the club in the mid-eighties I would be very happy to see us win this. I also see the bigger picture in it though with it being a tournament that allows us to give our squad players match time and integrate the youngsters to the first team where the opponent may not be as challenging.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter whether the fans want us to win, it just matters that the players on the field want to win. Winning breeds a winners mentality and if we did actually win it would be a huge boost for the lads and get a monkey off their backs.

Confirmed travelled to Portugal :

1 Bryan Gil,
2 Cristian Romero
3 Pierluigi Gollini
4 Harry Winks,
5 Ryan Sessegnon,
6 Giovani Lo Celso,
7 Ben Davies
8 Matt Doherty.

Youngsters :
9 Brooklyn Lyons-Foster
10 Kallum Cesay
11 J 'Neil Bennet
12 Harvey White

I think its almost guaranteed that the majority (perhaps all) the following will have made the trip
13 Dane Scarlett
14 Nile John
15 Brandon Austin (3rd GK if Lloris is not there)
16 Maksim Paskotsi (Otherwise why name him in 25 man squad)
17 Cameron Carter Vickers (otherwise why name him in 26 man squad)
18 Joe Rodon (otherwise why name him in squad)
19 Malachi Fagan- Walcott
20 Jack Clarke
21 Dilan Markanday

9 subs plus the first team plus possibly 2 extra to travel = 22, so not far away !

Gollini
Doherty Romero, Carter - Vickers, Davies
Winks, John, Lo Celso
Clarke, Scarlett, Gil​

Subs : Austin, Paskotsi, Cesay, Sessegnon, Lyons-Foster, Craig, White, Bennett

Questions whether Rodon, Fagan-Walcott and Markanday made the plane to Portugal !

I think we will probably put out a mixture of fringe/youth players and so-called 'starters'. At least that's what I'd like to see, because I can't bear another Plovdiv or whatever that second team we played last summer...

Gollini

Doherty
Romero
Rodon
Davies

Skipp
Sissoko
GLC

Gil
Scarlett
Lucas

Loathed to predict Sissoko but unless Hojbjerg plays I'm not sure who else might. Winks maybe. Has Son even travelled?
I'd play Winks and save Skippy for the weekend.
Skipp should be no where near this

So long as you don’t watch the final if we reach it or celebrate if we win, that is entirely fair enough.

👍🏾

What’s going on with Rodon if he’s not there? Fitness or injury? Maybe even a loan?

I'll get pelters for this but I wouldn't care if we did.

This is the modern Intertoto. It's frankly embarrassing. People say how dare some fans turn their noses up at a European trophy, but this is a bargain basement competition designed to give the losers from Europa a 2nd bite.
I'm as desperate as anyone for a bit of silverware but there is no glory to be found in winning this competition

No matter how much people want to delude themselves

Meh. It's a pathetic tournament tantamount to winning the fair play award.
I hate to say it about any tournament, but can only agree. It's a shameless cash grab by UEFA. We should use it for under 23s or match fitness for fringe players for as long as we're still in it. Happily go along and watch a game but can't get too excited about it
My gut says this is going to be a long season, and possibly have some disruption still with covid. All that matters is that we get in the top 4 positions which is difficult enough to do as it is . Everything else is a distraction. Just look at Woolwich - they might well have won a few domestic cups in the last few years , but every season out of the champs league they go backwards.

Back
Top Bottom