Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've watched Aurier and Doherty bumble around for long enough. And that's not getting into the fact that Aurier's red cards and conceded penalties are conveniently awful for a long-time Woolwich fan.

I'm not going to put all my faith in Tanganga. We badly needed to sign a new RB. Aurier and Doherty need shipping off to the glue factory. I have zero time for those of you that are happy to see them even on the bench.
DespiteTim Vickrey's (who is a Spurs fan by the way) luke warm appraisal. I'm choosing to focus on the positives the lad is playing first team football at 22 and Barcelona scouted then signed him. He has the physical attributes to do the job and Nuno is primarily a coach. My god he got Wolves 7th with Doherty as a starting fullback. So with coaching who knows we may finally have an heir to Walker.

He's better than his peers and should be on loan at a League 1 club or equivalent.
He’s a child.

I wouldn’t loan out anyone under 18. Just from a personal human being perspective, leaving football aside.

He’s obviously good enough to be in first team training with us, and a runout with the first team every now and then to get a taste of it is a good thing for a young player. But getting sent to sink or swim among men in Wycombe or whatever is not the right environment for a 17 year old.

Give him as much as he shows he can handle at his home club. And on the evidence of the Pacos away leg, starting against real opposition in senior football is not a step he’s ready for yet. Give it 18 months and he’ll be there.

Negativity is easy mate and it takes very little creativity. Ignore it and like most Spurs fans hope for the best for your side.

This is such BS, especially when the majority of what people call negativity is just reality.

The easiest thing in the world is blind optimism it requires no thought at all, no reasoning or critical thinking, just looking at your team and proclaiming everything is super awesome. Nothing easier than that.

Ally Gold interviewed a Brazilian football expert on Emerson. Here are the highlights.

Brazilian football expert Tim Vickery believes that Emerson's career has been "a bit shaky" so far and has urged caution as he prepares to join Tottenham Hotspur.

"He's an attacking right-back, a strapping figure in the mould of Maicon, which might not impress Tottenham fans as much," he told Sky Sports News.

"The Royal thing is not actually his name, it's a nickname his uncle gave to him because he thought he reminded him of a cartoon that used to sell a local brand of jelly by the name of Royal," he added.

"To be fair to him, his career so far has been a little bit shaky. He was a reserve in Brazil, he played for Brazil at U20 level but not very well," he said.

"Barcelona picked him up on promise but didn't really use him. Couple of seasons at Betis, not a lot the first season but better the second season and he's on the fringes of the Brazil squad where they have a problem at right-back.

"So far it's much, much more promise than reality. Tottenham are paying a lot of money for him so it's time now for the man named after jelly to stand up straight and put some solidity in that career."

Back
Top Bottom