Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Transfers also take more than 1 party. Spurs is Winks' club since he was a 6 year old kid, its clearly his dream job and no doubt he knows once he's left the chances of him coming back are pretty low. He's not a football vagabond, its completely possible Winks views being a bit part squad player for Spurs more desirable than a bigger role at Watford or Burnley.

Winks has been at Spurs for 19 years. Pretty sad how some of the "fans" treat him.
Well he hasn't exactly kicked on or developed into much more than an also-ran midfielder who is there mostly to take up home-grown space and act as injury cover.

Well he hasn't exactly kicked on or developed into much more than an also-ran midfielder who is there mostly to take up home-grown space and act as injury cover.
Hes there because he showed promise and was given a contract because of it. I think the club would like to move him. He has every right not to leave the club if he doesn't want to.

He's never played for another football club, ever. Not as a kid. Not on loan. Not a day of training. Moving from the only club you've known since you were 6 is absolutely massive. Strange that people struggle to grasp that.

Hes there because he showed promise and was given a contract because of it. I think the club would like to move him. He has every right not to leave the club if he doesn't want to.

He's never played for another football club, ever. Not as a kid. Not on loan. Not a day of training. Moving from the only club you've known since you were 6 is absolutely massive. Strange that people struggle to grasp that.
Part of the reason why he has stagnated and then gone backwards. Hes never had to show fans why he deserves to play. The one of our own nonsense has made him lazy and complacent.

Part of the reason why he has stagnated and then gone backwards. Hes never had to show fans why he deserves to play. The one of our own nonsense has made him lazy and complacent.
If you think professional footballers give any consideration to showing fans they deserve to play, you're delusional. Seriously. They don't give a fuck if you think they should play or not. They care if the manager thinks they should play or not....because he's the one that determines that.

Just like I give zero fucks if Janice the receptionist thinks I'm good at my job.

If you think professional footballers give any consideration to showing fans they deserve to play, you're delusional. Seriously. They don't give a fuck if you think they should play or not. They care if the manager thinks they should play or not....because he's the one that determines that.

Just like I give zero fucks if Janice the receptionist thinks I'm good at my job.
Some people think the 'abuse' on this forum is affecting his performances. Which is obviously stupid.

This is incorrect. Its certainly bothers pros if a sizable part of the fan base do not think they deserve a place. Ask Lampard. The best ones use it as a motivation to turn round the doubters. Winks would like nothing more than to make the groans when his name is read out choke. Will he ever do that doubt it, but good luck to him if he dose it means we are succeeding.

Transfers also take more than 1 party. Spurs is Winks' club since he was a 6 year old kid, its clearly his dream job and no doubt he knows once he's left the chances of him coming back are pretty low. He's not a football vagabond, its completely possible Winks views being a bit part squad player for Spurs more desirable than a bigger role at Watford or Burnley.

Winks has been at Spurs for 19 years. Pretty sad how some of the "fans" treat him.

He's also HG, cost us fuck all, doesn't earn loads, and although not good enough for a club with our aspirations ultimately, is a fuck of a lot more useful to a squad than Sissoko's hiding and fucking pointing was.

Some people think the 'abuse' on this forum is affecting his performances. Which is obviously stupid.

I occasionally read this claim yet don't recall seeing someone make such a statement.

As far as I can see it's just that people find the name-calling to be tedious and unbecoming.

I occasionally read this claim yet don't recall seeing someone make such a statement.

As far as I can see it's just that people find the name-calling to be tedious and unbecoming.
You will just have to go through all the messages if you are interested in finding out who it was. There were a couple of dumbos claiming that.

You will just have to go through all the messages if you are interested in finding out who it was. There were a couple of dumbos claiming that.
Probably criticism in general
Maybe why he shut down a Spurs social media account
Can’t remember which one

He's also HG, cost us fuck all, doesn't earn loads, and although not good enough for a club with our aspirations ultimately, is a fuck of a lot more useful to a squad than Sissoko's hiding and fucking pointing was.
No doubt about that. But would moving him on not free up a home grown spot for someone possibly better??

Back
Top Bottom